Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, let’s settle this sign stealing controversy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Ok, let’s settle this sign stealing controversy.

Nov 6, 2020, 4:39 PM

First, there is NO NCAA RULE AGAINST SIGN STEALING! The flip legit question to Kelly (and Miami’s Leach!) should be, “ok, you say Clemson does it. Does YOUR team try to steal signals?” If the answer is “no” they just lied!

Again, there are no NCAA football rules that makes sign stealing illegal. ND and Miami both do it too. They are what the kids call “you jelly bro?” Why, you ask? Because like all other aspects of the game, Clemson just does it better! They would if they could but they can’t so they don’t!

Great line from Robert Shaw after his poker loss to Paul Newman in the 1973 flick “The Sting” sums it up:

Yarn | What was I supposed to do? Call him for cheating better than me? ~ The Sting (1973) | Video clips by quotes, clip | 7612c4ce-1077-479f-a7bf-617dbc6fc6d1 | ?

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, let’s settle this sign stealing controversy.

Nov 6, 2020, 6:24 PM

I think BV is that good a coach. He breaks down game film like no one else. From down, distance, formation, personal he knows what they are likely to run. I recall during post game interviews after one of our close wins, one of our defenders said, "We knew they were going to run that play and we had worked on it. I think coach called it before they did."

BV is so good, losers believe the only way he can out think them is if we steal signs.

Re: Ok, let’s settle this sign stealing controversy.

Nov 6, 2020, 7:11 PM

I think BV is that good a coach. He breaks down game film like no one else. From down, distance, formation, personal he knows what they are likely to run. I recall during post game interviews after one of our close wins, one of our defenders said, "We knew they were going to run that play and we had worked on it. I think coach called it before they did."

BV is so good, losers believe the only way he can out think them is if we steal signs.

Exactly my thoughts on it. He has studied your personnel groupings so well and your tendencies to the point - he can reasonably predict what you will run. He aligns the defense accordingly.

You had better have plays you have not shown prior to playing Clemson!

It's like teams who get loose balls being called lucky! No. "Lucky, was the result of extraordinary effort to the football"! Had they loafed, they don't get that fumble or that INT or that TFL, etc. That devastating downfield block comes from hauling tail and working to get down there - not luck!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh yeah? Then why do we have laptops on the field***

Nov 6, 2020, 7:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's just media BS, all they do is mine for drama

Nov 6, 2020, 7:22 PM

The world has enough drama without the media morons digging for it. THe media is about the same class as spammers in my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: it's just media BS, all they do is mine for drama

Nov 6, 2020, 7:29 PM

Clemson guilty with no proof? Seems like I have heard something like that somewhere in the media before?

Message was edited by: djones73®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's just media BS, all they do is mine for drama

Nov 6, 2020, 8:03 PM [ in reply to it's just media BS, all they do is mine for drama ]

That is the perfect line. If ND wins Clemson did not steal the signs because we did a better job. If they loose its because Clemson stole our signs. Its a win win for ND.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic