»
Topic: Ok here comes the story (what a great day) (Long)
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 11, 2020 7:34 PM by: 2tigerboyz
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Ok here comes the story (what a great day) (Long)

emoji_events [11]
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 7:29 PM

Almost 30 years ago, my baby sister “unexpectedly” had a baby girl and put her up for adoption. I never laid eyes on my first niece before she was gone.

Through the years, I always wondered about her, prayed for her, and prepared for the day I might meet her, though I knew it would never happen. Well, almost a year ago, I found her, through Ancestry, and made contact. She lived less than 45 minutes away from me, and was a Clemson grad, like me.

We met and have maintained periodic contact. This morning, my wife, daughter and I met her and her husband for brunch, to give her a couple of belated Christmas presents. One of them was a piece of hardwood floor from Littlejohn Coliseum. I have posted about this floor and how we came to have it before, but this was the floor that she walked across when she graduated Clemson in 2013. I told her as I gave it to her that I hoped I was giving it on an historic day for Clemson basketball. Wow, what an incredible day!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

You can't beat that story! WOW.***

[1]
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 7:30 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Psychiatrist: What seems to be the problem? Patient: I think I'm a chicken. Psychiatrist: How long as this been going on? Patient: Ever since I came out of my shell.

great story ***

[1]
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 7:31 PM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.***

[1]
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 7:32 PM

2020 white level member

Re: Ok here comes the story (what a great day) (Long)

[1]
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 7:34 PM

That's an awesome story. I know you were proud to give her the piece of floor never knowing it would be a historic day in Clemson basketball history. Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
923 people have read this post