Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?

Jul 10, 2017, 12:21 AM

Super freaking awesome and it extends through next Sunday.

Drove to Edisto Sunday and then to Charleston for the Courtney Patton and Jason Eady concert at The Pour House. Driving back to Edisto now, actually wifeof is driving.

Holy bad word what a show. First off, Courtney rocked it for about 40 minutes, she has an absolutely beautiful voice. Then Jason and the band, including Courtney, sang for about and hour and a half. Not a lot of people in attendance but they didn't care.

They mingled amongst the crowd between shows taking pics and just talking like were all old friends.

Anyway, I'm tired, see you fools on here sometimes later on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok but got a lot to do today

Jul 10, 2017, 7:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Calm before the storm.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:17 AM

A pretty laid back weekend ahead of a full month of craziness.

Friday - recovery from the fair with lil'APMette the night before. Nothing eventful.

Saturday - 9- mile run, work, good dinner, s'mores on the fire pit.

Sunday - F1 & TDF, church, workout at the Y, to bed before 9:30.

Natty 6-month Anniversary.

10/10 a normal weekend that I will long for beginning this week when we embark on a crazy month of travel starting with trips to TN and MD this weekend and ending with the Guns n' Roses show in Winston-Salem on August 11. In between there are trips to PA and NC for family reunions. Pray for me.

Dat Natty doh!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I worked.

Jul 10, 2017, 7:17 AM

Just like every day for most waking hours the past week and a half.

I never know how to describe my weekend in the subject

Jul 10, 2017, 7:33 AM

Friday night, watched 10 Cloverfield Lane with MsLovin.
Saturday, spread mulch, cut grass, bush-hogged, tractor deaded 50 yds from the house
Sunday, church, spent 3 hours replacing a water spigot

A whole lot of meh

Jul 10, 2017, 7:48 AM

Friday after work took the kids to Academy to get some shoes they can wear the int he water. Basically Jerusalem cruisers, home for some meh dinner and off to bed early

Saturday up at the ace crack of dawn to get the kids down to Anderson for Sail Camp at Lake Hartwell.
After getting them signed in, my dad showed up with plan to take his sail boat out. A 27' McGreggor. His motor won't start so he decides we'll sail out of the harbor. Saturday the winds were pretty high which was great for sail camp but not great to sail out of the harbor in a larger boat, b/c the winds were blowing straight into the harbor. A boat that size can't get enough speed in such a tight space to tac w/o bleeding more speed. Eventually his boat was just push around in the harbor and he wound up having to dock it then get it towed back to his dock slip. Probably the worst day sailing since the last time I went sailing.

Camp finished up around 4 and we headed home. I laid down on the couch at 6 and woke up the next morning at 630. Why so early TOTE1?

Sunday, you guessed it, back to the lake for the second day of sail camp. In the hottest fuggin month of the year and now with no boat and 8 hrs of sail camp to go, we sit, in the heat, hating sailing, and sail camp, and anything that is non-powered watercraft.

After melting in the heat I scoop up all of my remains in a container with A/C known as my car and head home. I cooked porkchop on the BBQ with a few sides and watch Terminator Genisys to make sure I really really really hate this weekend.

0/10 can't wait to do it all over again next weekend.

Re: Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?

Jul 10, 2017, 7:54 AM

The weekend was awesome, and apparently I must have been about 10 ft from Shorty because the Pour House is only about 20' X 20'. Unfortunately I am back at work this morning on the tail end of a 10 day vacation.

I spent lots of time with the wife and the pups. Went to Edisto a couple days, boat a couple days. Lots of good food and friends and ended it with the Jason Eady concert. As described by Shorty, the concert was excellent and Courtney Patton opening was a nice surprise.

You weren't the guy I talked to coming back from the

Jul 10, 2017, 8:29 AM

bathroom were you? I was the short, imagine that, bald guy with the orange shirt with a Tiger Paw.

Nope, I was the guy at the end of the bar drinking Two Claw

Jul 10, 2017, 8:39 AM

and PBRs wearing an orange polo with a purple palmetto and crescent. Wish I had come over and talked to you now though.

Have fun at Edisto this week. If you want some good, cheap seafood out there, try out the food truck at Flowers Seafood.

bullet dodged?***

Jul 10, 2017, 8:40 AM

Dang! We missed a great chance to meat up in

Jul 10, 2017, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Nope, I was the guy at the end of the bar drinking Two Claw ]

the men's room.

I talked to a guy with an orange hat on at some point. Those $3 PBR tall boys made my mind fuzzy.

legen

Jul 10, 2017, 8:22 AM

Dairy

Thursday Wrote an epic saga for tiger net and asked in its glory all day Friday.

Learned the @clemsonrulez08 gets sad if not mentioned in a post (I'm thinking his honeymoon could be just as fun as swimmins for the jounge)

Played hooky Friday and had he house cleaned. Did a little day drinking with my cousin.

Saturday went to beach bday party for kid next door. Friends with his mama through high school, so it was like a little reunion. Saw high school GF for first time in like 10 yrs.

Cooked some steak at neighbors house Saturday night.

Sunday trip to aquarium with the family. Nap time and then 93rd bday for mrs fluffs grandma.

high school GF from 10 yrs ago,

Jul 10, 2017, 8:24 AM

Bullet dodged?

No pigs?

Jul 10, 2017, 8:31 AM [ in reply to legen ]

It's like you learned nothing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

partly sunny. Started with sturgill Friday night

Jul 10, 2017, 8:30 AM

In CLT, which was good wholesome fun. They rocked a nice set list, even though he is admittedly not much of a showman. Guess that explains relatively small venue and reasonable ticket costs.

Nursed injuries Saturday, then rallied for a couple brews and burgers at the new hand craft burger joint in Cornelius that is legit. Do rack of lamb.

Sunday successfully avoided long list of chores and yard work, as well as some work I needed to do but didn't feel like doing. I'm becoming JD8.

Capped off by picking up daughter of last night at midnight upon her return from her modern crusade to Costa Rica. Ok it was a mission trip.

No lovin from bullette, so 6.66666666666666666667 / 10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Tiring...

Jul 10, 2017, 8:43 AM

Saturday wrapped up a week at HHI, took 30 minute shower to wash the Ohio off of me. Unpacked car with kids and house back in order by that afternoon.
Sunday was yard day. Had to cut grass twice it was so high, must have rained every day of vacay. Grilled some steaks last night before storms rolled in again.
6/10 glad it's over until next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chucktown, so

Jul 10, 2017, 8:50 AM

asspensive.

Friday, headed to Charleston and get checked into Francis Marion hotel downtown because not UDP. Eat at Leon's Oyster Shop, a funky little dive with great oysters and some of the best hot sauce (not hotsawce) I've had. Somehow manage to find our way to Tommy Condon's after dinner and enjoy a couple beers on the back patio while listening to music in the bar.

Saturday, sleep in and make it to Pearlz Oyster Bar to begin day drinking and lunch of oysters and seafood tacos. Head to Pineapple Fountain and watch baby play in the water. Did not wear bathing suit and get soaked by all the stupid little fukkers that just want to put their hand over the spot where the water comes out. Head to Lagunitas Brewery to get dried out and have a couple more beers. Make way to market and browse a few shops. Manage to end up back at Tommy Condon's before heading to Tattooed Moose on Johns Island to meet wife's brother, his wife and their babee. Did not get Duck Club, but did get the duck fat fries. Get crap hotel in West Ashley because UDP (priceline is your friend). Crash hard.

Sunday, head to Folly Beach for a few hours of beach time before heading back to Aiken. Water is ungodly warm, like 87 degrees. But weather was great, waves were good. Nice beach.

Tired, sunburned, broke, 10 out of mothrafukking 10, wood dew again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Wifeof and I ate at Pearlz last night based on your

Jul 10, 2017, 8:55 AM

Facebook post. Was good, wood dew again.

Twas my first time, twas good

Jul 10, 2017, 8:57 AM

The house oysters were excellent IMO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Did you get her one of the famous Pearlz necklaces?***

Jul 10, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Wifeof and I ate at Pearlz last night based on your ]

Pretty meh if you compared it to

Jul 10, 2017, 8:51 AM

WINNING THE #### NATTY

Otherwise, pretty #### good. Went down to Florida looking for some souls to steal, I was in a bind because I was way behind and I was willing to make a deal.

Saw brother of for the first time in a while, saw some beach, was not a shady beach either.

14/10 with a deduction only because I saw fat chicks wearing thongs

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lived vicariously through some people who seemed to...

Jul 10, 2017, 8:53 AM

hit up every honky tonk in Texas while gorging their gullets on lots of southwestern fried foods.

We had a weekend?

Jul 10, 2017, 8:59 AM

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS NOW?!!??!?

Still in Texas, maybe still slightly drunk, definitely not giving any F's about any F'in thing until the money runs out.

Is the coffee ready yet?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can say that again***

We had a weekend?

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS NOW?!!??!?

Still in Texas, maybe still slightly drunk, definitely not giving any F's about any F'in thing until the money runs out.

Is the coffee ready yet?

You can say that again!***

Jul 10, 2017, 9:05 AM

Sorry, but...

Jul 10, 2017, 9:17 AM

The first one was Jayden K. Smith.

did you see the drama go down?

Jul 10, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to We had a weekend? ]

http://www.austin360.com/entertainment/music/heat-willie-picnic-hayes-carll-has-some-shade-for-steve-earle/jxqwfIpmKOS5mtp6nFVtmK/?utm_content=buffer33aa1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yes we did!

Jul 10, 2017, 3:21 PM

Hayes' song was pretty badass and when Earle's set was starting we ran to the other stage so as not to miss anything if he was going to escalate. Earle's set was pure rock and roll, but no come back. He was also on stage with Willie for the finale...Hayes was not.

Good to quite Good in CLT

Jul 10, 2017, 9:08 AM

Friday - Stay with friends on Lake Norman. Darts all night.

Saturday - Up early on the boat. Shred some wake surfing. Lunch on the lake. Áss Clown Brewing on the way to CLT. VBGB pre-game. Gary Clark Jr and My Morning Jacket at the Uptown Amphitheater. Pizza. Bed.

Sunday - Ride back to Asheville. Shred on mountain bike. Sleep.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's family reunion season

Jul 10, 2017, 9:11 AM

Friday left straight from work to head home because lots of out of town family was going to be there for the night before the big family reunion.

Saturday, up early and off to the reunion. My wife volunteered us to get there early and help set everything up, but that was actually not too bad and people started rolling in pretty soon after we got there. Drank some beers, ate 60lbs of BBQ, played cornhole, ate homemade icecream, sweated a lot because hot, drew names for annual golf tournament to be played the next day, ate more BBQ, went home and went to bed.

Sunday up early and to the golf course by about 7:30. I have played once since last year so as expected my first drive went about 10 yards right into the pond. Ended up pulling together a halfway decent round since it was a two man scramble and we finished the day at +5 and got the W. I have the trophy that travels around at home displayed now and plan to drink a beer from it since it's a cup. Ate a late lunch, said goodbye to everyone and then drove back to Greenville and played volleyball for three hours.

10/10

ROH

Not too bad.

Jul 10, 2017, 9:26 AM

Friday-Played golf and re-watched the Natty.

Saturday-Worked on stuff for new job, went dt for dinner at Murasaki, drinks at ink and ivy, booty call at night....we broke my bed. So I need a new queen size bed frame.

Sunday-Recovered all day from Saturday night, washed sheets, watched Turn on Netflix (solid show).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bad

Jul 10, 2017, 10:41 AM

Fridy - wife's friends from hometown came to stay for the weekend. Watched movie til 1 in the morning stealing all my bandwidth downstairs.

Satidy - get up, eat breakfast. They go the farmer's market and take kids with them. Leave barking wiener dog with me at the house. Return several hours later. Eat lunch, then they go to get massages and do some shopping. Barking wiener dog still there, and now I have the kids too. Return several hours later to spend about 45 minutes getting ready then go back out for dinner. Leave Tickle_it to feed 3 year old and 8 month old and put them to bed. Barking wiener dog is worse than ever (separation anxiety). They return at 12:30 AM. Wife knows I'm pissed at her for all this.

Sundy - wake up to them now promptly going out again for breakfast and more shopping. I have to feed kids again. Wiener dog girl catches on that her dog will be fed to my dogs if she leaves it again so she takes it with her. Return several hours later then they leave forever.

All of this while I feel like I've been hit by a train from a head cold.

TL;DR feel like #### from cold and would strangle a barking dog.

I know a good divorce lawyer***

Jul 10, 2017, 10:43 AM

Like kids, many people fail to realize that you don't love

Jul 10, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to bad ]

their dog as much as they do. I have no idea why someone would think it would be OK to bring their dog with them to stay at someones house. I bet she acted like you were the assshole for not wanting to babysit her stupid little dog too, didn't she?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No this girl is actually very humble

Jul 10, 2017, 11:23 AM

She's lost both of her parents over the last couple of years and is a licensed therapist. She wouldn't have brought but she had no other option. She just needs to stop babying the #### dog and it won't act like that. Literally stayed between her legs wherever she would walk and would sit in her lap when she sat down.

So she had a weiner between her legs the whole time?***

Jul 10, 2017, 11:24 AM

Yes, probably a good 13"***

Jul 10, 2017, 11:28 AM

No other option?

Jul 10, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to No this girl is actually very humble ]

Does she not even dogbored bro?

She does not

Jul 10, 2017, 11:35 AM

We however will take our 3 ingrates to the local boarding facility and peel out of their driveway dogless.

That's what women seem to do man, they baby them

Jul 10, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to No this girl is actually very humble ]

Mine doesn't listen to my wife at all and it's like she has no idea why. He also likes me more because I give him food and water.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

finish with a happy ending?

Jul 10, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to bad ]

After massages?

Otherwise, mancard revoked.

I didn't get the massage

Jul 10, 2017, 11:23 AM

but I finished with a happy ending anyways.

all that shopping and eating out

Jul 10, 2017, 11:25 AM [ in reply to bad ]

implies hotness, got any pigs to go along with the story?

Meh, I'd say one is 5/10 and the other maybe a 6/10

Jul 10, 2017, 11:34 AM

5/10 built like a #2 pencil as fbcoach would say. 6/10 too "thick" for my tastes.

But no, no pigs.

it's not like we have standards here

Jul 10, 2017, 11:36 AM

plus, Greenr is the official judge on "too thick"

About a (-1,000,000,000)/10

Jul 10, 2017, 11:09 AM
joeb's grave.jpg(619.3 K)

We had to put our little bunny down Saturday. He had an ear infection that became so serious he couldn't stand up. You could tell he was in such pain. Lotsa crying...What a great little guy he was.

All the other moving and unpacking crap didn't seem like much after that...

RIP Joe B...Hope you like the new view.....

:(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Typical

Jul 10, 2017, 11:27 AM

Friday--worked late (4:30 meetings...thanks F'ers), did nothing all night, went to bed.

Saturday-Dropped off the truck / boat trailer at the boat landing and got the last open parking spot at Shem creek boat landing (at 7:30 am). I walked the 1/4 mile home, wife of took me to boat dealer to pick up the new boat, and was in the water by 9. Got through the engine break in, it started getting windy and rough out, so I pulled the boat out around noon:30.

HOL-EE SHYATT.

The worst place in the world is Shem Creek boat landing at 12:30 in July, on a Saturday. In 30 plus years of putting a boat in there, it's worse than I have ever seen. Clueless kayakers and idiots on SUP's have made the landing, and Shem Creek, almost unusable. Something has to change there; it has reached maximum entropy. Somebody is going to end up getting hurt or killed there, either by accident or assault.

Finally got the boat home, washed it, and figured out to do some stuff with the radio and gauges. Drank cheap beer and watched it rain the rest of the night.

Sunday-went to lunch with friends, drank a few beers, piddled around the boat, watched the last 3 episodes of Shameless, and went to bed.

Pigs of new boat that is almost unusable?***

Jul 10, 2017, 11:29 AM

I realized this morning I haven't taken any yet.

Jul 10, 2017, 11:33 AM

Somebody else was asking about. I dropped it off at the dealer to get some little minor stuff done; I told them to keep it all week. I'll get some next week.

you couldn't pay me to put in there

Jul 10, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Typical ]

i grew up as a member at hobcaw and then in a hood with a landing (hidden cove) and i have always been a little spoiled as to the joys of not using a public landing.

shem creek is a $h!tshow in general with all of those kayaks and SUPs, mrs fluff and i have talked about it a lot recently that it is a disaster waiting to happen. plus it fails the waterkeepers clean water test monthly. who the eff would want to swim there? Ohioans.

It's terrible,

Jul 10, 2017, 12:09 PM

News had a story about the katakers a month or so ago:

http://abcnews4.com/news/local/charleston-county-kayakers-concerned-about-high-traffic-boat-landings

And the chitty parking:

http://abcnews4.com/news/local/parking-problems-persist-for-users-of-boat-landing

Did you end up keeping the dry stack, are will you be

Jul 10, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Typical ]

joining the rest of us UDP's and trailering? I left mine in since the Friday before the 4th, and the ease of access was glorious. I might have to figure out a way to swing the marina slip again next year.

I kept the drystack.

Jul 10, 2017, 12:07 PM

I negotiated 2 months free for the guy who bought my Grady, but I get the space back after July 31.

The marina has a 2 year waiting list, so I didn't want to not have the ability to stay there. If I had to go back to 100% trailering here, I would probably sell the boat. Between the traffic and lack of landings, it's terrible.

Rocked out with Sturgill on Friday,

Jul 10, 2017, 3:39 PM

so, you know, pretty solid.

being a slum lord sux some um most of the time

Jul 10, 2017, 3:51 PM

your evicted

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive