Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok bored coots, I need some help with this one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Ok bored coots, I need some help with this one

May 4, 2017, 10:26 AM

I keep hearing from all the dirt peckers that Jake Bentley is the savior of the program and a game changers at the QB position much like DW was for Clemson. I admit that I don't watch all of their games and the only performance I saw of his last year was the Clemson one where he didn't exactly look like a program changer. Thus, I did a little research.

Young Bentley (shouldn't he still be in high school?) started 7 games for the coots last season. Of those 7 games, he faced exactly 2 defenses ranked inside the top 99 of yards per game allowed in total defense.

Team - Yd/gm (rank) - pass yd/gm (rank)

UMass 99 105
Tennessee 109 69
Missouri 118 88
Florida 6 3
Western Carolina - N/A
Clemson 9 19
USF 119 118

As we all know, a program changer is his best in the big games. With that said, lets look at how Bentley performed in games against defenses who ended the year ranked inside the top 99 in total yds/game allowed and inside the top 69 of passing defenses: Essentially, how did he do against Clemson and Florida, the only 2 good defenses he played all year?

Florida - 18/33 213 yds. 0 TD 1 INT 21.6 QBR
Clemson - 9/19 41 yds. 0 TD 1 IN 4.9 QBR

Ok coots, spin away and explain how this guy is the program changer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ill see if can help out with a crafted FGF response...

May 4, 2017, 10:34 AM

"Whatever Tater. Go back to Taternet!" Facts don't work around here FactDog.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is fun -- how about:

May 4, 2017, 11:55 AM

1. I never saw DW4 hit the crossbar in practice, and Hunter could only do it sitting down!
2. Clemsux is so racist they can't even admit the greatness of a white QB!

I don't know -- it hurts to try to think like a coot, so are my best attempts.

Re: This is fun -- how about:

May 4, 2017, 12:28 PM

I never saw DW hit cross bar but saw him hit game winning ntional championship pass has Bentley got one of those coots? Jake will be good yes but not DW not not enough to to get that program to the level DW had clemson. Plus that racism is bs most of our starters except 4 oline men are white I don't think all the black stars we had would put up with racis talk even if it's to rivals. So get a grip coot don't worry you got next year to see what he can do he will be savior of uscjr but that's getting them back to their high of 10 maybe 11 wins ???? most Yall have ever had right

Re: This is fun -- how about:

May 4, 2017, 12:38 PM [ in reply to This is fun -- how about: ]

My bad bro I didn't realize you were acting like a coot like what they would say I thought you were a coot til I read it again that's why I did that reply hahaha my bad

How About

May 4, 2017, 2:02 PM

Clempsun cheated and had Well Spring Church spend collection money taken from the poor to send Deshuan to Brazil and train with a Ju Jitzu master.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His recruiting film is top notch.

May 4, 2017, 10:36 AM

He did enough to win the job from McIlwain who had a year head start. They were so weak at the LOS that quite raw stats aren't as important as the film. USC will know week 1 whether or not Bentley has made a leap this offseason going against NC State's pass rush.

nc state has some talent this year***

May 4, 2017, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the ACC could have 3 of the top 5 DLs in the country***

May 4, 2017, 11:46 AM

Re: nc state has some talent this year***

May 4, 2017, 12:08 PM [ in reply to nc state has some talent this year*** ]

Nc state will find a way to lose to them. It's in their nature. They don't have "I'm married with a kid" Rivers at QB. They will pump their chests about a win over a team that almost took us to overtime.

No,he got the start over BM just as the WR's & RB's were

May 4, 2017, 12:07 PM [ in reply to His recruiting film is top notch. ]

returning from injury, in fact all playing together for the first time ,because his DADDY is on staff. A pocket passer never starts over a runner when the O Line suckks as much as theirs does.BM led the only scoring drive against Clemson!

well he certainly can't take all the credit but they did win

May 4, 2017, 10:39 AM

more games in '16 than they did in '15. coots gonna take any improvement they can, cause at the rate they are losing personnel they slide in the win column this year.

Explain to this dumba$$ tigernetter

May 4, 2017, 11:29 AM

What you win when you match wits with a bunch of idiots? Is it that comforting?

Re: Explain to this dumba$$ tigernetter

May 4, 2017, 12:10 PM

That's Taternetter. But I get your humor/point. ??

You left out 'He's the best they could get.'***

May 4, 2017, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bentley is an average QB....

May 4, 2017, 1:29 PM

who wouldn't make the three deep at Clemson.

His limited success is almost entirely the result of playing a bunch of cupcake opponents with weak defenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic