Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wife wants to 'talk' when i get home
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 98
| visibility 1,049

Wife wants to 'talk' when i get home

May 11, 2018, 3:10 PM

taking suggestions so i can pick up a sixer on the way home to make it through this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wife wants to 'talk' when i get home

May 11, 2018, 3:11 PM

I would be perfectly fine if you responded to every

May 11, 2018, 3:23 PM

post with Shakira gifs. It would kind of be like TOTE1 saying "I voted for you".

I really did***

May 11, 2018, 3:24 PM

I done TELT you it was Shakira day

May 11, 2018, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I would be perfectly fine if you responded to every ]

zima is back***

May 11, 2018, 3:11 PM

What have you done wrong this week?

May 11, 2018, 3:12 PM

Get Dogfish Head 90-Minute. You'll be wasted after 3.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also...

May 11, 2018, 3:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guesses go here about what it is

May 11, 2018, 3:15 PM

1) It's not your kid

2) It IS your kid, but she's leaving you and you are financially fscked clear through your early 50's

3) She wants the boat gone this weekend, and for you to sell your truck and buy a Subaru wagon because you can't fit a baby carrier in your truck

4) She found your pr0n / dildoe collection

5) She wants a bigger house to quit work and stay home with the baby

6) She wants ANOTHER baby

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are logical choices, but I'm betting that she wants to

May 11, 2018, 3:18 PM

meat all of A912® Jounge pals.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For this?

May 11, 2018, 3:18 PM

It's 3***

May 11, 2018, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Guesses go here about what it is ]

Re: Guesses go here about what it is

May 11, 2018, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Guesses go here about what it is ]

Nah she got mad yesterday that I'm not holding the baby enough. It's like I just worked 9 hours. I have 3-4 hours of free time when I get home before bed. I'll hold the baby for like 30 mins but I got other #### to do too

am I being the #### here?

I don't have kids, but that seems ridiculous

May 11, 2018, 3:26 PM

Tell her you'll hold the baby while she mows grass and weed eats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no winning that argument.

May 11, 2018, 3:29 PM

Good lord I'm glad I don't have kids.

I don't need one *more* thing to argue over.

Re: I don't have kids, but that seems ridiculous

May 11, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to I don't have kids, but that seems ridiculous ]

funny, because that's exactly what I did yesterday. Mowed the grass

Just explain to her that you work to put a roof over their

May 11, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Guesses go here about what it is ]

head, and you don't really care if the kid hates your or not, because you're expecting her to raise it.

You aren’t being a #### but...

May 11, 2018, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Guesses go here about what it is ]

There is really no way out of this besides saying u will hold the baby more. After a few days she will move on to the next “problem” that u have that needs fixing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this logic is the only way to

May 12, 2018, 12:50 PM

deal with the crazy post pregnancy hormones and keep your sanity. Good luck.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

9 WHOLE HOURS?

May 11, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Guesses go here about what it is ]

I worked 13. 14.5 the day before. 13 the day before that. 11 on Monday.

Suck it up and hold the baby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Pro Tip - This is an "unwinnable" argument. When she is

May 11, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Guesses go here about what it is ]

home with the kid, she gets stir crazy and lonely. If she is there all day by herself, she is going to be excited for you to get home. Then when you start doing other stuff and not spending time with her and the baby OR relieving her of Baby Duties for a few hours, she can start to resent you. If she is going back to work soon, this will all dissipate. If she is staying home for good, I have no idea what to tell you. Having a newborn is tough on a marriage at first, or it can be. There are ALOT of sacrifices all around, on both sides. You gotta suck it up, buttercup.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Voice of experience ^^^***

May 11, 2018, 3:57 PM

hahaha its funny

May 11, 2018, 3:59 PM

Cause he has like 8 kids

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7***

May 11, 2018, 4:00 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### you

May 11, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Pro Tip - This is an "unwinnable" argument. When she is ]

This is not what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for the advice

She's going back to work in a few weeks

Other than the sleepless nights when she goes back to work,

May 11, 2018, 4:07 PM

it gets a little easier. Both of you split the baby time in the evenings.

And eventually, the baby gets to be a teenager and ends up

May 11, 2018, 4:09 PM

in juvie, and you don't have to deal with it anymore.

She'll probably end up fleeing to Iraq and join ISIS***

May 11, 2018, 4:10 PM

Just kidding NSA. Just kidding

7 more years!!!!!!!!!!!!***

May 11, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to And eventually, the baby gets to be a teenager and ends up ]

that's just hormones talking

May 11, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Guesses go here about what it is ]

you will be fine.

after being home all day with a kid, she just wants a break from it.

her motherly instinct will kick in and she will want baby right back

i can't remember how old baby is, but if in first 6 months still, there is little you can actually do for the baby.

do some stuff around the house (sounds like you are) and be a little supportive (leave the venting for the jounge we will always listen) and offer to help with the things you can and it'll be over.

at this point in motherhood, they have no idea what they want (other than a little break to p and take a shower for the first time in 4 days)

#seriousjoungetalk

Re: that's just hormones talking

May 11, 2018, 4:06 PM

2 months. got a long way to go. I told her there's nothing I can really do for the baby. She doesn't even know I exist yet and its not because I'm not holding her enough.

like greenr said

May 11, 2018, 4:08 PM

this part is REALLY tough on everyone.

you are not the only one dealing with this and if anyone else ever denies it, they are lying or just have no self awareness.

and at our house, it was WAY harder the second time around.***

May 11, 2018, 4:15 PM

Third time gets harder. Basically with the first you can

May 12, 2018, 1:56 PM

split duties other than breastfeeding. With #2, you have to spend more time with the oldest because mommy's taking care of the baby. Then with three, you have to take care of two. Basically, from the mother's perspective, the second child onward is harder because she will have less help from the husband because he's helping with the older children. And that break you give her with the third baby, she then spends that with the older children instead of for herself like with the first baby. But from #2, to even when you go to zone coverage, that's a whole other ballgame for your wife. I know with #3 I've spent far less time with him than our first, simply because I'm taking the older boys to soccer, school, cub scouts, giving them baths, putting them to bed, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the big deal?

May 11, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Guesses go here about what it is ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, my experience is it doesn't make a difference

May 11, 2018, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Guesses go here about what it is ]

You can do all of the cooking. The dishes. The laundry. Change all the diapers. Stay up all night with the baby. Dress and take the kids to school every morning. Do baths and put them to bed. All of the grocery shopping. Cub Scouts. Soccer practice. Clean the house and vacuum. Then add on the stuff you already do, like keeping up the yard, fixing ####, and working 10 hours a day. Do it for 10-15 years. Doesn't matter.

I have done all of the above. At the same time. For years and years.

Don't fall for it.

Hopefully your wife is different. I'm sure she is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be spending too much time at work

May 11, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Guesses go here about what it is ]

In my experience, when a female wants to talk, it's never about something positive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh god no..

May 11, 2018, 3:32 PM

It's certainly not going to be a sit down about how much she appreciates everything that he does and realized that she just doesn't tell him enough.. lol

GO TIGERS!!

normally

May 11, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Could be spending too much time at work ]

When Red wants to talk, its mainly about what were eating for dinner and which orifice she wants me to put it in that night.

just IMO.

ALL of them, right?***

May 11, 2018, 3:49 PM

It's like

May 11, 2018, 3:51 PM

I just worked 9 hours. I have 3-4 hours of free time when I get home before bed. I'll put it in your ######## for like 30 mins but I got other #### to do too

I guess it's because he's not holding the baby enough***

May 11, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Guesses go here about what it is ]

Chin up, bruh. She is probably just super horny and wants

May 11, 2018, 3:22 PM

you to get home as soon as possible. That way she can bang it out with you before dinner and probably after dinner as well. Maybe even ess your dee if you can make her ### hard the first time.

lol marriage***

May 11, 2018, 3:25 PM

Am I still in the honeymoon phase?

May 11, 2018, 4:00 PM

Im averaging like 4-5 times a week.

That doesnt include the one time a month I get to have sex with her.

I read an article that talked about segs, suggesting

married couples have sex 2-3 times a week for the first 10 years or +/- 1500 times in that span.

Dubya Tee Eff.

Yeah. That's BS. They interviewed a bunch of wives.***

May 12, 2018, 10:34 AM

stay on the sunny side of life, I always say.

May 11, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Chin up, bruh. She is probably just super horny and wants ]

even if you have to make up stuff that will never happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stay on the sunny side of life, I always say.

May 11, 2018, 3:50 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdsZRioOM4

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's probably EXACTLY what it is..***

May 11, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Chin up, bruh. She is probably just super horny and wants ]

GO TIGERS!!

Ok. Too late now, but that's when you flip the tables.

May 11, 2018, 3:26 PM

I tried this once and it worked splendidly, fwiw.

When she gives you the phone call that she wants to "talk" to you about something....

1) It's always on the phone and always several hours before she will see you face to face
2) She will cut off her words short and her words will be sharp and forced sounding
3) She wants you to sweat for several hours over whatever she's about to unload on you

So given all that, you got to flip the tables on her. Ask her WHAT does she want to talk about. She will say you need to talk later. That's when you blow up and demand to know right now, on the phone. Usually when you get angry she will not be able to hold it in and she will unload. Then get in the huge argument you would have had later, NOW. On the phone.

By the time you get home she will feel bad and that way your evening is not ruined because she will be in a conciliatory (post argument) mood. Your evening will be pleasant and you may even end up having makeup sex.

Or you get home and she's gone. Either way your evening will be peaceful.

you spend a lot of time thinking about playing games

May 11, 2018, 3:32 PM

like this.

No wonder your wife hates you.

It's not a game.

May 11, 2018, 4:09 PM

It actually helps. For years we never argued and she hated me. But I can tell when she wants to argue, and I embrace it now. Then everything gets out in the open and it helps both of us. Otherwise she keeps things to herself and I don't have a clue otherwise. And this isn't something I thought up fwiw. This was professional advice given to us.

But when you know an argument is coming, don't try and run from it. Let it happen and you will learn something.

Dude, you obviously ain't married to my wife.

May 11, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Ok. Too late now, but that's when you flip the tables. ]

Wait, wat?

Anyway, she's a professional arguer. She goes to meetings, classes, something.

Well no, cause that would be illegal.

May 11, 2018, 3:49 PM

Better than average chance he's banging her though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does arguing involve shouting?

May 11, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Dude, you obviously ain't married to my wife. ]

b/c I'm not sure I've ever had a real argument with wifeof.

God, yes. She's Italian***

May 11, 2018, 3:56 PM

Does she have a unibrow?

May 11, 2018, 4:11 PM

Because you know..italian

Dude, that's nasty

May 11, 2018, 4:23 PM

No.

Make it go away***

May 11, 2018, 4:23 PM

Re: Make it go away***

May 11, 2018, 4:25 PM

He's hideous***

May 11, 2018, 4:44 PM

About 50/50 here...so that's about twice a year

May 11, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Does arguing involve shouting? ]

But the shouting arguments usually end up better afterwards than the non shouting arguments where we both stew for a while. Worst thing is to leave things unsaid that just simmer. Whether you have to shout or not to get everything said, just make sure each person knows what the other person's view is.

I leave shid unsaid frequently

Makes for some great blowups later. I think now I do it out of spite, cause I know it gets under her skin.

Thanks for listening.

feelsgoodman.gif

This is manipulative AF. Not bad, not good.***

May 11, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Ok. Too late now, but that's when you flip the tables. ]

Because that's what she's doing.

May 11, 2018, 3:56 PM

Funny thing is it's usually something minor. My wife and I hardly ever argue. But there are times she just wants to, so I oblige. Like maybe 3-4 times a year. But there are usually warning signs. I watch it build, for days sometimes. But often I can tell easiest on the phone.

Never listen to this guy's relationship advice***

May 11, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Ok. Too late now, but that's when you flip the tables. ]

texting wife

May 11, 2018, 3:53 PM

she wrote a letter. asked her what its about...she said relax i probably shouldn't have even told you. asked if she is mad at me and she said no. asked if disappointed and she said yes and to not make any plans tonight

Text back "Do you want a mustache

May 11, 2018, 3:55 PM

ride?" Let us know what she says.

Def get a few mini bottles and down then on the way home.

May 11, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to texting wife ]

Have your six pack when u walk in. Then your ready for the whole night.

Make sure you are completely 7Spots

May 11, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to texting wife ]

tonight when you write your manifest to the Junge. You know, after the talk.

texting about letter

May 11, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to texting wife ]

"A lot. I just wrote a letter instead of talking to you so you didn't feel like I was trying to argue and this way i can say everything i want and you can have time to react and respond back"

"no more questions"

"I told you, we're not going to fight. Don't worry"

Re: texting about letter

May 11, 2018, 4:01 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Pro-Tip---This-is-an-unwinnable-argument--When-she-is-23489013

Everytime I hear upper management at work say things like

May 11, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to texting about letter ]

"We're not planning of laying off anyone" or "There is plenty of money in the budget for this project", it invariably turns out to be the exact opposite result of what they say.

When she says "Don't worry we won't fight"...Might want to be wearing this when you get home:

Danm right***

read the whole thing so you don't end up like this

May 11, 2018, 4:06 PM [ in reply to texting about letter ]

https://youtu.be/fsvsRZhNVp4?t=1m11s

Friends is kind of like the millenials version of

May 11, 2018, 4:51 PM

Andy Griffith.

Don't forget to post letter in Junge tonight

May 11, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to texting about letter ]

(in a new thread for ease of location) for our much-needed advice.

"...time to react and respond back..."

May 11, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to texting about letter ]

If a specific time isn't qualified in the letter...you never have to respond...just tell her you are till thinking about it.

She's asking for help around house and with kid

May 11, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to texting about letter ]

I'd bet on it. If she's willing to write a letter, then it's more a cry for help than an argument per se.

Sounds like you're already prepped and aware. You work 50 hours, but she's home with kid all day going crazy. Woman needs a break sometimes. Find a hot babysitter. Take her out on a date or two (the wife, not the babysitter). Have sexy time again.

Plus try to dedicate the first 30 minutes you are home to taking care of kids.

Good luck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. I tried that approach.

May 12, 2018, 12:12 PM

Problem: There are two human beings on Earth allowed to care for our children before preschool, which is 3 hours a day two days a week. My mother in law, and sister in law.

Heck, wife of works from home. I even offered to pay for a sitter to come daily, for 8 hours, 5 days a week, and she could pick the sitter. She wouldn't do it. Even though wife would be IN THE HOUSE with the sitter, again one that SHE picked. Nope. Couldn't do it. So sis-in-law keeps youngest 5 hours a day 3 days a week, MIL is caring for her own mother who's on hospice. That leaves wife of keeping son in her office. I would be fine, and he would be better served, in some type of daycare where he could socialize with other kids.

She's a control freak basically. It's sad. Until she's willing to help herself, or accept help, and be in less control, I can't help her, or us.

Last argument was over me not becoming friends with anyone in the neighborhood. I am friends with a few of the husbands, maybe 5-6 of them. But wife is of the opinion that I should befriend people I just don't really like, so our kids can play with their kids? I'm like ###? Evidently she is of the opinion that for our kids to play with other kids in the neighborhood we have to be friends with their parents? My parents were not friends with ANY of my friend's parents growing up. They had their own friends. I have my own friends. She's like "That's how it works now". I'm like "if it is, then that's exactly why I don't like those people." What's wrong with just letting our 9-year-old go outside, get on his bike, and go find someone to play with? That's what I did. But NO. Evidently there are other control freaks who have to like the parents of the children their kids play with and socialize with them on a regular basis or their kids can't play with those other kids. This is according to wife. Again, exactly part and parcel of why I don't like them. But our son is free, IMO, to go play with whoever he wants to play with in the neighborhood. We live in a nice neighborhood and I'm fine with him befriending anyone, even the kids of father's I've met who are ######.

I told my wife to pay close attention in the coming decade to which kids end up being problem kids. It will be the ones with mothers who are control freaks and control who they can be friends with, every bit of food they consume, every song they listen to, every movie they watch, the clothes they wear, the camps they can go to, everything they read, etc. And that's where the substance ended. Just got nasty after that because that hit close to home. And the sad thing is that she doesn't discipline our children, at all. She just yells at them. And then yells at them louder when they don't listen. My parents never yelled at me. They didn't have to. I don't yell at our children. I don't have to. I enjoy being with our children. They are always well behaved around me. Went camping with 9 and 4 year old. The two of them are always fighting when they're around wife of. I come back after 3 days camping with them and we had a blast. Not once did they fight or argue. They were a pure joy and it was a lot of fun. Come home and wife of was like "So how did it go". I told her. She was amazed. I wasn't. She gives them zero discipline, yet controls their every move and action (through yelling). I discipline them, but then I also give them FAR more freedom.

She wrote you a letter?? Think you could get the boat out of

May 11, 2018, 4:42 PM [ in reply to texting about letter ]

The yard without her hearing you, then just never going back? If the hurricane last year taught us anything, it’s that the great people of the lunge will go above and beyond to help a man and his boat. Just swim toward the lifeline. We’ll take care of you brother.

Thats it.

May 11, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to texting wife ]

She's pregnant with the pool boy's twins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what does she say if you tell her

May 11, 2018, 4:14 PM

"I don't really want to hold the baby. It kinda smells, and just ##### and pukes itself and makes weird faces at me"

'Cause that's probably what I'd say.

so probably, don't say that.

There is no ‘talk’, only listen...

May 11, 2018, 4:19 PM

for hours on end about how you left up the terlet lid and you are a failure at life.

May 11, 2018, 4:24 PM

going home. Will update if i haven't killed myself

MY wife and I have sent our kid away for the weekend to give

May 11, 2018, 4:27 PM

this our undivided attention. You can come sleep on the couch if not too drunk to drive. That you YOU can let Scooter (no relation) out at 4:45 AM.

you realize we will be waiting by our computers all freaking weekend to see the letter...

"Deer Cid" wifey says

May 11, 2018, 4:26 PM

"Dis baby not yours."

Re: "Deer Cid" wifey says

May 11, 2018, 4:28 PM

Nah, you gotta nip this in the bud. Get home first, trash

May 11, 2018, 4:45 PM

the den, pour out a bunch of pills on the coffee table, and be sitting in the floor like this...

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

^^^THIS guys gets it***

May 11, 2018, 4:46 PM

May 12, 2018, 9:06 AM

It wasn't that bad. She was a little upset that I wasn't connecting better with baby CID. Not much I can really do about that one. Also curious about me sleeping a lot and being tired all of the time and wondering if I was feeling depressed/suffering from father ppd. I guess I am a little bit but there are some other contributing factors. She was most upset that I let her go to sleep upset Thursday night after our talk about me not holding baby cid enough. I didn't need any alcohol to make it through and the talk only lasted an hour or so.

#CSB***

May 12, 2018, 12:37 PM

1 hour in real time, but

May 12, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Wife wants to 'talk' when i get home ]

5 hours in 'Good Lord, how long will this go on" time. Been there.

Been there dude - it ain't easy

May 12, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Wife wants to 'talk' when i get home ]

As has just about every dad. Some good insights here:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/new-dad-survival-guide-the-mindset/

and a few more here:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/new-dad-survival-guide-the-skillset/

I have a 2.5 yr old and a 6 month old. Trust me when I say you need to start practicing now - as helpless as you feel at this point, this is just bootcamp to prepare you for the stress of dealing with a toddler...

Ps. It gets easier; in a two steps forward one step back kind of way.

Message was edited by: DireTiger®

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: Been there dude - it ain't easy

May 12, 2018, 1:54 PM

She only likes to be held up on the shoulder

congrats on short talk. Advice for 2 items:

May 12, 2018, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Wife wants to 'talk' when i get home ]

Take off your shirt and baby shirt. Get some good skin to skin holding contact for bonding.

Recommend then taking a nap (on your back) with baby in chest. Make sure you’re boxed in and wife supervising to ensure baby safety and you don’t roll over.

You get a nap, child bonding and it’s pretty awesome. Just be safe.

I woke up one time screaming when I fell asleep with baby and couldn’t find him when I woke up. I flipped couch cushions, lifted furniture, was insane not quite awake delusion. Wife just laughed and laughed after telling me she put baby in crib after we napped for a bit. But she loved the fact I was so emotional about it.

Good luck navigating new baby. It gets easier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suggest you go straight home..

May 12, 2018, 10:48 AM

Shut up, sit down, and just listen. And most importantly don't disagree with anything she says. Even if she is wrong.

Replies: 98
| visibility 1,049
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic