Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Literally no one is scared of anything UGA has done
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 102
| visibility 1

Literally no one is scared of anything UGA has done

Feb 8, 2018, 2:16 PM

on the Recruiting trail or on the Football field since 1980. Not the least of which is Clemson, who has won 2 National Titles since then, and has been in 3 straight playoffs. Message board idiots, please understand this.

You see, its easy to ride talent like Chubb and Mitchell to a National Title Game appearance. Its most certainly where UGA football should have been for Decades. But again, that's the easy part. What defines a program is losing those guys, plus 31 Seniors, and how many ever undergrads like Roquan Smith, yet getting back there in 2018...and 2019 and so on. That road in the future may not include multiple teams that have all but fired their coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Literally no one is scared of anything UGA has done

Feb 8, 2018, 2:21 PM

Another infatuation post dealing with UGA. How original for this board...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because you're seeking them out

Feb 8, 2018, 2:31 PM

All of your posts have been on UGA threads...

Try reading the other ones? Or maybe you're just seeking them out?

They are going to have a great run over the next decade.

Feb 8, 2018, 2:29 PM

So are we.

The point is, that's your opinion right now. They've always

Feb 8, 2018, 2:30 PM

recruited at a Top 5, Top 3 level, and gone 8-5 so many times. They literally haven't won anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Mark Richt is no longer there.

Feb 8, 2018, 2:37 PM

History is meaningless with a different staff. Kind of like how Dabo isn't Tommy Bowden. Georgia has solid coaching now and a great state to recruit in. They will be a powerhouse and they are on the rise.

Re: Mark Richt is no longer there.

Feb 8, 2018, 4:30 PM

Mark Richt is gone, but the culture is still there. Thats the problem with UGA.

They always had the coaches, the facilities, the money, the recruits, and the boosters.

What they dont have is the culture. The atmosphere in Athens is akin to a backwoods South Beach. Nothing but parties, parties, parties. There is a reason major rappers always rep UGA. Its a school highlighted by its nightlife and club scene. And what a great party town it is.

Unfortunately, that is not conducive to keeping players on track. And the attitude and culture that goes along with that is also counter intuitive to developing disciplined players.

Culture is a huge factor in program development. Clemson has it, Bama has it, FSU has it, OSU has it.

UGA, does not.

UGA will not be relevant. They may sniff the playoff in a few years, but they will not surpass us or Bama, or OSU.

Not to mention, they play in the weakest division in college football. Iron sharpens iron. Unfortunately for UGA, cupcakes don't fair well in iron sharpening.

Re: Mark Richt is no longer there.

Feb 8, 2018, 6:07 PM

So your football analysis is Georgia won't win a National Championship because Athens is a party town? Coaching doesn't matter? Recruiting doesn't matter? X's and O's don't matter? There's just too much fun in Athens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that culture is huge and Clemson ....

Feb 8, 2018, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Richt is no longer there. ]

is one of a kind. I couldn't agree more. That said, Miami has won national titles. USC has as well. Athens won't be a problem if UGA recruits well enough and the coaches do a good job. I see them pretty stacked over the next 5 years.

They won the SEC, and they made it to the natty.

Feb 8, 2018, 4:34 PM [ in reply to The point is, that's your opinion right now. They've always ]

All signs point to them having a better chance than most to be in the hunt every year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They won the SEC, and they made it to the natty.

Feb 8, 2018, 4:58 PM

I'll still agree with the statement that Spurrier always repeated, best time to play UGA is the first of the season bc they are still attempting to get their players out of jail or off of suspension. Even though he didn't actually say out of jail, that was what he meant!!!;)

All signs??

Feb 8, 2018, 6:13 PM [ in reply to They won the SEC, and they made it to the natty. ]

Really now? Exagerrating a ton.

Re: They won the SEC, and they made it to the natty.

Feb 8, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to They won the SEC, and they made it to the natty. ]

What a joke OP is. Yea they didn't win the natty but they played tough and are bringing in elite talent. All the while the East is a massive dumpster fire. Who is scared of UGA? The entire SEC LEast. They have a one game season in the SECCG that is the tipping point of the playoffs for the foreseeable future, not a bad place to be.

Clemson isn't "scared" of them but #### well better respect them. We have a hell of a shot at seeing them in the playoffs in the next few years.

So as a Clemson fan, you're not scared?

Feb 9, 2018, 12:46 PM

And yet you called the op a "joke"?

Welp, at least you're not scared. I would say the op was correct and not a joke.

And one more thing. You mentioned, "We have a #### of a shot

Feb 9, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: They won the SEC, and they made it to the natty. ]

at seeing them in the playoffs in the next few years".

Would you say next year is a #### good shot? And if so, are you a betting man/woman? :)

Re: The point is, that's your opinion right now. They've always

Feb 10, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to The point is, that's your opinion right now. They've always ]

Your post could have easily been about Clemson a few years ago (though we weren't ever Top 5 level in recruiting). Why the heck would you bet on UGA failing after they did so well under a new coach this past year?

Re: They are going to have a great run over the next decade.

Feb 8, 2018, 2:40 PM [ in reply to They are going to have a great run over the next decade. ]

I'll agree with you on us having a great run. Sorry, can't say anything positive about uga. Can't stand em, never have, never will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are going to have a great run over the next decade.

Feb 8, 2018, 3:17 PM

I agree and disagree...Their team is going to be relevant for the next few years, but No, I can't say ANYTHING positive about the UGA fan base.

I am with you. I also don't like them, but...

Feb 8, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: They are going to have a great run over the next decade. ]

it is pretty straight forward that they are on the rise big time. Good coach and good recruits. The formula is simple.

Re: I am with you. I also don't like them, but...

Feb 8, 2018, 3:51 PM

Yep. We can pretend they are going to fall off after one good year but they will probably win the sec east for atleast another 3 or 4 in a row I would think.

I am not sure how they will do next year.

Feb 8, 2018, 3:53 PM

They have a bright future over the next 5 years though.

Purely speculation

Feb 10, 2018, 9:41 AM

Based on ONE year. How many one-hit wonders do we need to see before we learn ONE good year and one below average year don't sum up to, "they have a bright future over the next 5 years though". Sounds like you're trying to make an definite and objective post, but in reality it's subjective and highly speculative. IMO.

Re: Purely speculation

Feb 10, 2018, 9:46 AM

It is also subjective and speculative to think Bama or us will be in contention the next 5 years.

If you say so, but I think you posted that to the wrong guy.

Feb 10, 2018, 10:17 AM

Take care. I gotta get something to eat.

UGA sucks.

Go Tigers!

Re: If you say so, but I think you posted that to the wrong guy.

Feb 11, 2018, 1:13 AM

Nope to you sir

Feb 8, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I am with you. I also don't like them, but... ]

So, are you expecting Bama and Saban to go on vacation. Lets not forget if Saban would have started Tua at the start of the game, the game would have been over by the start of the 4th quarter!!!

Feb 9, 2018, 11:13 AM

Is Bama in the sec east dude?

Feb 11, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I am with you. I also don't like them, but... ]

So, are you expecting Bama and Saban to go on vacation. Lets not forget if Saban would have started Tua at the start of the game, the game would have been over by the start of the 4th quarter!!!

And how would Clemson have done had Tua started the game against them? Bama dominated Clemson in the Sugar Bowl with Hurts at QB.

It's not that easy. They play Auburn every year.

Feb 10, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I am with you. I also don't like them, but... ]

Only Tennessee has a tougher permanent SECW partner (they've played Alabama 18 more times than Auburn), so Florida will continue to have an easier path to the SECCG. There won't be two teams from the same conference again if it stays a four team playoff.

One year does NOT a dynasty make!

Feb 8, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to They are going to have a great run over the next decade. ]

Go Tigers! Bring on the Dawgs!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One year does NOT a dynasty make!

Feb 8, 2018, 5:17 PM

Exactly, nobody gave us any credit after a number of good winning season before our 1st NCG against Bama, and not much after beating Bama for the NC. I guess it's totally different if it's another sec team that's playing Bama!!!

Feb 8, 2018, 2:30 PM

haven't seen any of the poast where someone was scered. Now, I am a little ticked that they had such a good recruiting cycle. I'd love to see them only recruit 2 and 3* players along with the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2018, 3:25 PM

They play in the worst power 5 division in college football. Somebody has to be the tallest midget. Give Mullen a couple years and UGA will be back in the Dawg house

Feb 8, 2018, 3:27 PM

You sound a little scared to me.

As long as Kirby is even a semi-competent coach

Apr 2, 2017, 9:37 PM

they will be fine. As I'm sure you are aware (hence your post), they just signed the 2nd best recruiting class in the ~20 year history of recruiting rankings.

Believe they will be legit contenders for

Feb 8, 2018, 3:34 PM

a while. Their division is very easy right now. Their RB rotation will be just as good next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost 31 seniors and how many juniors?

Feb 8, 2018, 3:47 PM

I think they'll lose at least 2 games and will not make the playoffs next year.

Re: They lost 31 seniors and how many juniors?

Feb 8, 2018, 3:55 PM

Who do you see them losing to?? Auburn is at home. They play at SC and at LSU. Not much comp besides that.

I'm not a football prophet, but I really do think at least 2

Feb 10, 2018, 9:44 AM

losses. I take it you don't think they'll lose 2 or more?

Re: I'm not a football prophet, but I really do think at least 2

Feb 10, 2018, 9:47 AM

Maybe 2 but I doubt it. I am just asking who you think they lose to.

They didn't actually lose 31 seniors. I mean they might have

Feb 10, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to They lost 31 seniors and how many juniors? ]

but that was counting walkons and all. Their number of scholarship seniors was much, much lower.

Re: Believe they will be legit contenders for

Feb 8, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Believe they will be legit contenders for ]

They will continue to roll through the sec east just like clemson does in the acc these days. The acc is going to be hot garbage this season and and no one but clemson can stop clemson. Same goes for uga until they meet bama.

Seems I've read a similar post recently ;)

Feb 8, 2018, 3:41 PM

;)

Not sure where this is coming from. They almost won natty

Feb 8, 2018, 4:32 PM

and they put together an awesome recruiting class this year.

That tells me they are set up for a big-time run.

Clemson, UGA and Bama seem to be positioned to be in the hunt every year for a while.

One season does not a future make.

Feb 8, 2018, 6:18 PM

You're putting way too much into one season, with 31 seniors and how many juniors (departing)?

Name all the schools who are more obviously set up for

Feb 9, 2018, 10:24 AM

a playoff habit over the next 5 years.

Alabama? Anyone else in the SEC? Certainly nobody in the east. Auburn and LSU do not have better indicators than UGA right now.
Who in the Big Ten? Ohio State? Anyone else?
Who in the Pac 12?
Who in the ACC other than Clemson?
Who in the Big 12?

You are forgetting that UGA is not in a vacuum. We have more reasons to think they will be in the natty picture than we do for the vast majority of other schools.

I don't know, but again

Feb 9, 2018, 12:34 PM

There is nothing (other than one anomaly season) which would indicate UGA is a team to put in the top 4 for a playoff birth.I am going to venture to guess they will not be in the top 4 to start next year. What do you think?

Top 4 necessarily relies on a relative assessment of other

Feb 9, 2018, 2:36 PM

teams. If there are not several teams who you think will be better, then they are likely to be an elite team.

If team A sucks, and everyone is worse than team A then that sucky team A is #1.

You need to believe that other teams are better if you are going to believe that UGA is not likely to be a top team.

UGA, Bama, Ohio State and Clemson seem to have the best arguments right now. If there are no better bets, that makes UGA a likely top 4. What better bets are there? Penn State? USC? UGA has a more solid case than they do IMO.

Buddy we could do this for weeks and months, or

Feb 10, 2018, 9:46 AM

We could just set up a friendly wager? :) Let me know.

No sense arguing back and forth and struggling to find new ways to justify our positions. I feel I've made good points, and I assume you do too.

Re: One season does not a future make.

Feb 10, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to One season does not a future make. ]

Jus Guy said:

You're putting way too much into one season, with 31 seniors and how many juniors (departing)?

Most overrated statement in college football. Do some research.....My count has but 13 of those seniors in the two-deep. Many of those seniors were walkons and scout-steamers.

Kirby has 8 returning on offense and 5 returning on defense. I'm confident that from the his last three recruiting classes (#9,#3,#1) coach smart will be able to fill 9 vacancies.

Kirby never sleeps. Amazing how he's lapped the field in just two short years!

So you ARE losing a TON of players?

Feb 10, 2018, 9:50 AM

I thought that was already established?

If Kirby "never sleeps" (LOL), then why did UGA suck out loud in his first year? He hasn't proven a darn thing, and I'm going to say he won't (at least as a head coach at UGA).

And btw, can you list out all your returning "starters" and their snaps? Frankly I don't care to do the research, but apparently you feel up to it.

Re: So you ARE losing a TON of players?

Feb 10, 2018, 10:10 AM

Jus Guy said:

If Kirby "never sleeps" (LOL), then why did UGA suck out loud in his first year? He hasn't proven a darn thing, and I'm going to say he won't (at least as a head coach at UGA).

And btw, can you list out all your returning "starters" and their snaps? Frankly I don't care to do the research, but apparently you feel up to it.

No I'm not doing your research but you are misinformed. How did you feel about Dabo's first season? You apparently don't understand Kirby's drive. He's Saban with a better recruiting base. Kirby just missed a natty in his second season with what will be his least talented team. He just signed 7 of the espn top 25....let that sink in. Now I wish he could coach......oh, wait!

Feb 10, 2018, 10:15 AM

Well I for one look forward to renewing our rivalry in the playoffs. Others can pretend y'all are no good but I know college football. When a great program like Georgia gets a great coach and great players they are going to be in the hunt for the Natty. Hopefully we see y'all there next year.

Wow! What a weak try!

Feb 10, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: So you ARE losing a TON of players? ]

So you have no facts, but I'm "misinformed"? Really now?

Do you lose 31 seniors or not? I think you did, right? How many juniors?

Franky I don't buy your "data". If you really did YOUR research then you could easily list out the returning "starters" and their snaps.

I sense much BS by you.

Re: Wow! What a weak try!

Feb 10, 2018, 10:34 AM

They return their 2nd leading tackler and 5 of their top 10 in tackles. Their O returns 4 OL, QB, 2 WRs, and a dang good rB.

Is that it? LOL.***

Feb 10, 2018, 6:20 PM

Re: Is that it? LOL.***

Feb 11, 2018, 1:16 AM

It is more than we returned from the year before last but we made it back to the playoff.

Re: Wow! What a weak try!

Feb 11, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Wow! What a weak try! ]

If memory serves me correctly, 7 of those 31 seniors were starters. Of course, that's counting Sony Michel as a back up since Chubb was considered the starter. But Sony proved to be the better back in 2017. So you could say 8 of those seniors were starters.

Offensive starters leaving:

Nick Chubb
*Sony Michel
Isaiah Wynn
Javon Wims

Defensive starters leaving:

Roquan Smith (junior)
Trent Thompson (junior)
Lorenzo Carter
John Atkins
Davin Bellamy
Aaron Davis
Malkom Parrish
Dominick Sanders

Reggie Carter, who was a senior, also saw significant playing time due to Natrez Patrick's suspensions.

With that said, 5 of the top 10 players in tackles will be returning (numbers 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10) and 11 of the top 20. Point being, while Georgia is losing a lot on defense, they are returning some experienced players.

And on offense, while losing Chubb and Michel is huge, anyone who watched D'Andre Swift play knows that we won't see much of a drop off at RB, if any. Especially since they only have to replace one offensive lineman.

Look, I get being a "homer", but I believe Georgia is definitely in the talk of the playoff for years to come. As a lifelong Georgia fan, I think I speak for most fans when I say our attitude has changed. We've gone from hoping we win the big games to expecting to win those games.

I think you can chalk up the 8-5 2016 season to a few things. Kirby being a first year coach having to go through the learning curve of game management, a very weak O-line (our best option at left tackle was a graduate transfer from Rhode Island) and a team having to learn a new scheme (both on offense and defense).

Ask any current Georgia player from the 2013-2015 classes (pre-Kirby) and they'll tell you Kirby is much more demanding than Richt was (and I love Mark Richt). He has really changed the culture. From the way they practice, to the weight room and nutrition and to how every person who has contact with the players speaks.

So while you believe the jury is still out on Kirby and that Georgia is unproven, I tend to believe we are right up there with Bama, Clemson and Ohio State. And I think I will be proven right over the next few years. If there's one year in the next 4-5 that we aren't in the playoff hunt, it's this upcoming year due to the large loss of starters on defense. But I think we win the East this year.

Heeeess Baaaaack!!!!

Feb 11, 2018, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: So you ARE losing a TON of players? ]

Off of suicide watch I see...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to So you ARE losing a TON of players? ]

Jus Guy said:

We losing these senior starters.....

On offense....RBs Chubb, Michel. LT Wynn, WR Wims.

On defense.... DEs Carter,Bellamy, DL Atkins, LBer Carter, CBs Davis,Parrish S Sanders.

Total # of 5-stars on roster-

Bama-15
Uga- 13

Total # of 4 -stars on roster

Bama- 49
Uga-45

Players in the Rivals 100

Bama- 27
Uga- 29

Just saying that we'll be competitive.

he's saban with a better recruiting base?

Feb 11, 2018, 10:37 AM

Superdawg.. let me refresh your memory.

We all just watched Saban embarrass Kirby in the 2nd half of the natty. He's nowhere close to saban. They pissed that game away almost as bad as the falcons last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: One season does not a future make. ]

Thanks superdawg. Some on here are blind. They see 31 players leaving and think that is everything. Georgia may not make the playoffs next year but they dang sure will be in the conversation.

I'm sorry, but are you calling me "blind"??

Feb 10, 2018, 10:00 AM

I didn't say it was everything. Maybe someone else did, but not me. I also do not hink Kirby has provn a darn thing, and Athens is a tough place to tame the team.

But since you brought it up do they lose any juniors?

Mr. Dawg, apparently your friend, is supposed to be getting back to me with his list of 13 returning starters including snap counts. So that would be interesting. And btw, is 13 a lot? Sounds below average to me, and the defense is basically gutted as well.

Re: I'm sorry, but are you calling me "blind"??

Feb 10, 2018, 10:10 AM

We only returned 12 last year and made it back. So I do believe 13 is enough especially considering the RBs they will still have and have coming in along with Fromm at QB and Hardman at WR. Kirby is a D minded coach so I wouldn't be too worried about their D. They may not make the playoff but you act like they are a 1 hit wonder is ignorant. Nobody is saying they are the next Bama but they have been a top 10-15 team for as long as I have been alive and they are trending up obviously. Unless ofcourse you are blind.

Um, Dabo had already proven himself and we knew what we had

Feb 10, 2018, 10:24 AM

coming back, and yeah, perhaps Dabo even overachieved.

But Smart on the other hand, has proven NOTHING. I'm still waiting on Mr. Dawg to list out his 13 returning "starters", and their snaps, and after he does that we can take a closer look later.

But come on man, the "blind" stuff is garbage. It makes no sense at all.

Re: Um, Dabo had already proven himself and we knew what we had

Feb 10, 2018, 10:37 AM

No it makes plenty of sense man. You are saying UGA is a one hit wonder. I am not saying they for sure make the playoffs but to act as if they are not set to make a run the next 5 years is garbage. I will bet you all day that they do not lose more than 2 games in the regular season next year.

One hot wonder? Did I REALLY say that?

Feb 10, 2018, 5:39 PM

I don't Smart is all that smart. I've watched him on the sidelines and heard his (already tired) cheering sessions. He sucks.

I don't think Smart will even make it 5 more years, but I am willing to bet UGA does not make the playoffs in the 2018 season.

Are you willing to bet UGA loses at least 2 games next year? Your call.

Feb 10, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to One season does not a future make. ]

You do realize they won 10 games in 14 and 15. It isn't just a one year thing that Georgia has been good.

Wait, who was coaching then??

Feb 10, 2018, 10:05 AM

I thought Kirby started in 2016, and led Richt's 10-win team to 5 losses and only 8 wins? Losses to Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, and GT.

Come on man!

Re: Wait, who was coaching then??

Feb 10, 2018, 10:12 AM

It is still Georgia dude. You act like they are a one hit wonder when they have been a top program for years and years. You may just be trolling idk but if you don't think UGA will be in contention to make the playoffs for years to come you are ignorant.

Oh...my....gosh...

Feb 10, 2018, 10:27 AM

I see there's no sense trying to reason with you. You apparently lack the ability to engage in an objective debate.

But, "It is still Georgia dude".. that's funny right there? And you mentioned "ignorance"? Geez. Been watching college ball a long time? You seem kind of young.

Later.

Re: Oh...my....gosh...

Feb 10, 2018, 10:58 AM

I am 25 and have been watching college football since I was a baby. Being old does not mean you know more about the sport. Ofcourse their is no reasoning with me if you think Georgia is just going to fall off the map this year. That is idiotic. I just do not understand how you think they are just going to be mediocre next year.

Listen here, young man. Since you want to start at birth,

Feb 10, 2018, 5:36 PM

taht would mean I've witnessed more than TWICE the football you have. When I was your age, I was still playing football, but the fact of the matter is I don't know as then as I do now.

Fact is, I've seen more flash in the pan coaches than the number of head coaches you can list right now. No googling, no cheating. Go!

Most often age equals wisdom. No offense, but in my opinion, the difference of wisdom between the two of us is clearly obvious. You simply don't see this simple fact, or the errors in your "argument".

I never said UGA was going to fall off the map, nor did I say they were going to be mediocre.

Please try to slow down, breath, and think.

Re: Listen here, young man. Since you want to start at birth,

Feb 10, 2018, 11:09 PM

Than what are you saying sir? Lol

Feb 10, 2018, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Listen here, young man. Since you want to start at birth, ]

I can name almost every coach at a power 5 school but I am not about to do all that right now. Ofcourse you grow in wisdom with your age. You may love football as much as I. I know what a good football team is and I know what a good coach is. Smart is building on what UGA already has been. They always win 9-10 games a year except maybe once every 5-10 years they have a down year. They have no comp in the east. They may not win the sec but they will be in the championship game and in the cfp talk. What are you trying to say about them if you don't think they are going to be mediocre?

Feb 11, 2018, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Listen here, young man. Since you want to start at birth, ]

But you are acting childish with this. I mean called out dawg fan to list returning players, really who gives a crap. For two years straight our defense and one year our defense and offense was gutted. The media and non believers cried loudly how bad we would be. We just keep right on like we still had those players. I don’t understand why you are all up in Kirby is a ###### coach when he took his team to the national championship game in his second year. I would say you can’t really judge his ability until he has coached more games

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 11, 2018, 1:12 AM

Thank you.

Re: Wait, who was coaching then??

Feb 11, 2018, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait, who was coaching then?? ]

You nailed it right there

What no one has mentioned yet....

Feb 8, 2018, 4:44 PM

Speaking of the “culture” that has established itself down in Athens and the supposed “stellar” class they just signed:

1. A few of these kids will no doubt get into “some kind” of trouble

2. Some of them will fail academically because of said “party” culture and

3. Some (if discipline is actually enforced at an “SEC” school) will be dismissed from the team for various and assundary reasons.

Mark it down!

They are a “one and done”...

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What no one has mentioned yet....

Feb 9, 2018, 8:51 AM

ALLIN4CU® said:

Speaking of the “culture” that has established itself down in Athens and the supposed “stellar” class they just signed:

1. A few of these kids will no doubt get into “some kind” of trouble

2. Some of them will fail academically because of said “party” culture and

3. Some (if discipline is actually enforced at an “SEC” school) will be dismissed from the team for various and assundary reasons.

Mark it down!

They are a “one and done”...

Go Tigers!!

Dham.....now that's some solid logic......and wishful thinking.

History is wishful thinking?

Feb 9, 2018, 9:17 AM

Your players torment your coaching staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to What no one has mentioned yet.... ]

What do you mean one and done? Like they will not make the playoffs again or they will not have a good year or they will not make the Natty?

Feb 11, 2018, 12:10 AM [ in reply to What no one has mentioned yet.... ]

Do you not think a coach can change culture

Feb 8, 2018, 6:06 PM

The point is that the committee will be hard pressed to keep putting 2 SEC teams in the final four and have any hope of maintaining the current system. We should be in it for the foreseeable future and two SEC teams will leave three power conferences fighting for one spot. Left out conferences will riot after a while.

UGA should continue to win the East for the next several years and I think their championship game will get the only SEC team in the finals and it doesn't much matter whether we play them or Bama.

Feb 9, 2018, 9:01 AM

No they won't. 2017 was an anomaly. In a normal year 2 SEC teams will not make the playoffs. And I'm not buying that idea that UGA will win the SEC East every year. Dan Mullen is a great coach, a much better coach than Kirby. Florida is going to win a lot of those battles.

DAWGS WILL GET NO RESPECT FROM ME.. TOOK US YEARS AT THIS

Feb 8, 2018, 6:26 PM

LEVEL

The SEC east has been fairly light duty for a while now.

Feb 9, 2018, 9:12 AM

When and if UF and UT get back in the football business the row will be tougher to hoe. Smart may be a really good coach but that's TBD. At least he's going to have a learning curve.

Imo, recruiting ranking don't consider needs and other critical factors on grading a class. They compare raw data without regard to character and such. For that reason I don't think there's often a big difference between the #1 through the #10 class.

UGA is about where UGA has been in recruiting for a long while now. We'll see how it works out for them but as far as any team fearing them, who fears Bama?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC east has been fairly light duty for a while now.

Feb 10, 2018, 8:27 AM

You do realize that Kirby just signed not only the #1 class but 19 of the top espn 300......13 of the top 75...... and 7 of the top 25.

Expect this for many years to come.....Kirby never sleeps......his 2019 class is ranked # 1 as well.

Remember...Dabo is looking for a QB......Kirby has his.

The delusion by some tiger fans is amazing. The sleeping giant has finally awoken and people are skeered.

Mr Dawg, do you see the comedy in this quote?

Feb 10, 2018, 9:56 AM

"...delusion by some tiger fans is amazing. The sleeping giant has finally awoken..."

My word man.

Refreshing to argue with

Feb 10, 2018, 10:52 AM

a fan that has a significant team . An actual debate instead of a bunch of Coot bs. Uga and Clemson are both in great shape .

Feb 10, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: The SEC east has been fairly light duty for a while now. ]

Your right we are delusional . It's funny almost like we think we have made the playoffs three years in a row and won a national championship one of those years . Here's my latest delusion ....We are going to be in the hunt again this year .

Feb 10, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The SEC east has been fairly light duty for a while now. ]

You mean the QB that took us to the playoff last year or the one that is possible the best QB prospect in the last 10 years or more? Now I respect UGA and agree they have awoken but we are right here and have been for 3 years.

Excuse me sir, but what are you basing

Feb 10, 2018, 5:42 PM

your UGA has "awoken" comment?

And please, one season means soooo little, especially in today's landscape.

Re: Excuse me sir, but what are you basing

Feb 11, 2018, 12:15 AM

Are you a usuc fan on our board riding a Georgia fan because they won’t come to your site to talk football.

Feb 11, 2018, 12:50 AM

Sounds about right.

Feb 11, 2018, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Excuse me sir, but what are you basing ]

You do realize they have won 10 games 3 of the last 4 years and just won the SEC and went to the Natty. Did you not think we were going to he here to stay the year we lost to Bama in the Natty?

You're on it. Anyone who doesn't realize they are on the..

Feb 11, 2018, 8:41 AM

rise either knows nothing about college football or is an absolute imbecile. They are not there yet, but they are o the rise big time. We're still o the rise too though and ahead of them. Don't argue with the morons.

Feb 10, 2018, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The SEC east has been fairly light duty for a while now. ]

7 out the top 23.....My bad.

Feb 10, 2018, 11:27 PM

What ?
???? are you going for a negative pulse ....Trying to break some kind of record .

Fans of a team that just won a national title a year ago

Feb 10, 2018, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: The SEC east has been fairly light duty for a while now. ]

are the ones that are delusional? Not the fans of the team that hasn't won anything in nearly 4 decades?

Also, LOL at Clemson not having a QB. Do you really think 5* Hunter Johnson, and Trevor Lawrence, the best QB prospect in a decade, are both going to flop?

Re: Fans of a team that just won a national title a year ago

Feb 11, 2018, 8:19 AM

are the ones that are delusional? Not the fans of the team that hasn't won anything in nearly 4 decades?

Also, LOL at Clemson not having a QB. Do you really think 5* Hunter Johnson, and Trevor Lawrence, the best QB prospect in a decade, are both going to flop?

I meant Dabo hadn't named a starter....Of course you have qbs.

Feb 12, 2018, 6:19 PM

Awful lot of schit talking for a team with a 18-42-4 all time record against Georgia.

Ya Galawerguy but Dabo

Feb 12, 2018, 7:06 PM

is 1-1 against you . I don't care about ancient history . However I will concede that The Dawgs are a perennial top ten team now . It's Your Buddy Superdawg swallower that I disagree with . Why do you think Wilkens , Bryant and Ferrel came back . They are going to hoist that trophy again . How's ya'lls basketball team coming along ?

Replies: 102
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic