Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio paper breaks down the Mike Williams matchup.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Ohio paper breaks down the Mike Williams matchup.

Dec 27, 2016, 12:32 PM

I really like our chances if they stick with man coverage.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2016/12/mike_williams_vs_gareon_conley.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio paper breaks down the Mike Williams matchup.

Dec 27, 2016, 12:47 PM

If you vote in the poll, you'll see the readership opinion of who will win the match-up - Mike Williams or the OSU corners. The delusional voting (likely local to the paper readership) is heavily favoring the OSU corners. I sure hope the OSU coaches think the same way, because a few back shoulder come-backers should set them up for a nice out and up deep ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2016, 1:08 PM

Mike Williams has reached the same point we saw Sammy and Nuk reach during their last seasons where they became impossible to cover. It doesn't matter if its a big corner, fast corner, or a 1st round talent corner. Mike Williams is to the point that he can and will win 95% of jump balls and uses his size and speed to create separation in both deep and short routes. He has great body control and will be by far the best receiver OSU has seen this year

if he can win 95% of the jump balls

Dec 28, 2016, 12:46 AM

run that play 100% of the time and you will win the game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO Deon Cain is the truly dangerous receiver for CU***

Dec 27, 2016, 1:38 PM

4-wide package with Cain, Williams, Scott and Leggett...

Dec 27, 2016, 1:45 PM

Who ya gonna cova...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2016, 1:51 PM

The WR position group is easily the best part of the offense (excluding DW as a solo player), and it's going against what is probably the strength of the Buckeye D.

As Williams, Cain, Ray Ray, and Scott and most likely all future NFL players, likewise Conley, Lattimore, and Hooker are NFL prospects and likely first round picks. Which is remarkable given that Eli Apple and Vonn Bell were 1st and 2nd round picks just last April.

Just as the Tigers will be the best offense OSU has faced all year, this will be the best defense, and specifically secondary, that Clemson has faced all year. Strength vs. Strength - should be a fun matchup.

secondary sure y'all are the best

Dec 27, 2016, 1:55 PM

I'd give the nod of best dline to auburn

Dec 27, 2016, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio paper breaks down the Mike Williams matchup. ]

They have faced absolutely no one in 2016 that will have prepared them for how Clemson's passing game and it's position players can take over the field .
No offense , but those 3 dbs you mentioned will be pointing at each other in bewilderment by the end of this game .
I expect DW to throw 4 or 5 TD passes , and I do NOT expect that that production will be reciprocated.
No question in my mind that Ohio State will lose this particular matchup , and do so convincingly.
I also laugh when people compare Oklahoma to Clemson in regards to our offensive weapons. Lol , It is almost as silly to hear as when they say that Michigan has a better DLine than Clemson's.
Time to remind 'em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 28, 2016, 12:23 AM

I'm with you all the way. I think this is a repeat of our game with Oklahona from last year. Lots of similarities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is why I think Jordan Leggett

Dec 27, 2016, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio paper breaks down the Mike Williams matchup. ]

will be the key to our offense. I think he provides the one clear mismatch for us.

Dec 28, 2016, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio paper breaks down the Mike Williams matchup. ]

Very valid points

I'm excited to see a good matchup

Dec 27, 2016, 1:56 PM

How many interceptions does Tank have? Jadar?

Re:Tank has 3 and Jadar has 5 ints.***

Dec 27, 2016, 1:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Tank has 3 and Jadar has 5 ints.***

Dec 27, 2016, 2:05 PM

I'd say OSU will have a significant test against our secondary as well!!

Interceptions are a meaningless stat for the most part

Dec 27, 2016, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio paper breaks down the Mike Williams matchup. ]

Alexander never had any... because teams rarely tested his coverage.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic