Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio State just beat Indiana. Helps us ..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,720

Ohio State just beat Indiana. Helps us ..

Feb 10, 2019, 3:09 PM

Because a lot of bracketologist had the Hosiers over us as far as last four in...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really

Feb 10, 2019, 3:49 PM

at some point, the committee will have to justify Clemson as the ACC's 8th or 9th team in the tourney and we don't have the cache to warrant that justification. at this point, we are 1 - 7 against probable tourney teams, that will not give us the benefit of the doubt in the committee vote...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not really

Feb 10, 2019, 4:01 PM

Yeah, we probably have to win 6 more games. I think we do. That NCSU game may prove to be the killer though.

Feb 10, 2019, 4:15 PM

The killer perhaps but imo I think it was a good loss. Ever since we’ve played lights out on D. Really think it got them playing nasty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think we need

Feb 10, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really ]

6 wins, there isn’t a definite number. I do think it’s important we get a win over Syracuse, FSU, UNC, or Louisville. We have a NET of 37, which is good. The ACC was given good seeds by the committee in their first 16, so i don’t really think we need 21 wins to make the tournament, i think 4 wins plus an ACC tournament win would do, but we’ll see. 5 should get us in regardless and 6 wins would probably make us a lock.

I think 5-3 the rest of the way would be plenty.

Feb 10, 2019, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really ]

I'll take 6-2 though!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

that along with the Nebraska and Creighton losses early

Feb 10, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really ]

hang against us, especially considering where those two teams are right now... trending down...

Feb 10, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Not really ]

So you are discounting the Lipscomb win. It should be two wins. They are Net top 30 and could still get in at large if the keep winning. At least a top 10 seed if they win their conf tourney. If Wofford can so can they.

Feb 10, 2019, 5:00 PM

I know but none of the sites seem to recognize Lipscomb as a quad 1 win. Not sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For us, an ACC team, we were favored to beat Lipscomb

Feb 10, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really ]

and we need them to remain respectable by winning their biggest tests... our biggest obstacle is being 7th or 6th in conference; the ACC getting 8 or 9 in plays a bigger factor than even Lippy winning out.
the committee can't justify only 1 quality win out of 20 against other probable tourney teams coupled with losses to Nebraska (off the bubble and fallen back to earth) and Creighton (sitting precariously on the bubble)...
we need NC State to be a good loss, but that is a catch 22 because that means that they equal us in record but own the tie breaker against us for 8th in the conference...

What makes you think we only finish 8th or 9th in the ACC?

Feb 10, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Not really ]

There are 8 conference games left. If we continue playing as well as we are, or even close to it, we will finish higher than that. Last year, we were 11-7 and finished tied for 3rd.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I only see 4 probable wins out of the 8 remaining games

Feb 10, 2019, 10:35 PM

that means we have to pull the upset on 1 or 2 of Cuse, FSU, UNC or Louisville to only get a 2nd or 3rd quality win out of our 21 or 22 total wins...
I don't only look at our capabilities, I also look at how capable we are in the match ups. Cuse and FSU is where to look for the potential wins; we lack the Gabe DeVoe factor against UNC and Louisville is still very talented, and overall more talented that us...

Feb 10, 2019, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Not really ]

We need to go 2-2 against Cuse, UL, Fsu, and UNC. Would be best if we beat UNC but go 2-2 against them and we could probably drop 1 or 2 more and still be in with an ACC tourney win. Who knows what will happen but we are in a decent spot right now. We certainly can beat any team on our schedule but we could also lose to any team on our schedule.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,720
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic