Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game

Dec 20, 2016, 12:45 PM

That is the most all year. Have they played an O even close to our level? Oklahoma had a bad game and they are not the greatest IMO but they do have a good O. Penn St has put up some pretty good numbers too. Neither has a QB like DW or a RB like Wayne Train. Neither has WRs as deep as Clemson or a TE like Leggett. I think we atleast put up 35. I do not think any D can stop our O if we are clicking. I know we didnt score against Auburn Troy and NC ST like we would have liked but we are better than earlier in the year. If we are clicking and the play calling is good we cannot be stopped.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game

Dec 20, 2016, 12:53 PM

I figure Cain is good for 2 TD's, Williams for 2, and the Wayne Train good for at least 1 - so that's 35. I'm pretty sure DW4 and Leggett will want some too. I expect at least one FG, so we're talking 50+ laid on the Buckeyes. :)

JK - but it will be one of the best bowl games of the year.

Dec 20, 2016, 12:55 PM

I know they are very solid and talented on D but it really would not surprise me if we put up 50. I think 35 will do it. I am expecting our D to be lights out. I believe we could win with just 24 it just depends on how the game goes. I am looking to dominate on both sides of the ball. Ohio St will make plays ofcourse but I do not believe it will be many.

Hunter Renfrow say hello...

Dec 20, 2016, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

He always seems to put up points in big games as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2016, 12:54 PM

In all three of those games, the read-run option was not used. The importance of this cannot be stated strong enough. This freezes safeties and LBs which opens up the offense. It wasn't until late in the 3rd quarter against Troy did they open it up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2016, 12:56 PM

Yep DW running is deadly. It opens everything else up even more. Plus not many run the ball like #4 does.

Dec 20, 2016, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

The only thing that bothers me is they say Ohio St plays like Pitt. If that is the case are we going to be able to run the ball? I know we take what the D gives them and I am fine with passing but we do need to establish a run game. I know DW did not run as much against Pitt. I think we need to come out running DW early to keep the D honest.

Thanks Pitt

Dec 20, 2016, 2:48 PM

For schooling us on the shuttle pass. Hasn't worked for anyone since.

Dec 20, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

Who cares if we put up 50+ as we did against Pitt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nailed it!*************

Dec 20, 2016, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2016, 1:00 PM

We held a better OU team to 17 points last year. They had Sterling Shepard, Perine, Mixon, Mayfield, etc.

They played a bad game against OSU and still scored 24. I think we will be alright.

Dec 20, 2016, 2:16 PM

> We held a better OU team to 17 points last year. They
> had Sterling Shepard, Perine, Mixon, Mayfield, etc.
>
> They played a bad game against OSU and still scored
> 24. I think we will be alright.

Sorry but OUs O scored 17 against against Ohio State. If any of you really watched that game, one touchdown was on a special teams kick return in which the idiot dropped the ball before crossing the plane in which rolled for a touchback. Should have been OSU ball at the 25. So realistically they won @OU 42-17. If you watch that game, Ohio state dominated that game both defensively and offensively. This is what happens when you give another team, especially one like OSU, bulletin board material and call them "basic"

Dec 20, 2016, 3:33 PM

Hey look everyone its a loser posing as a Clemson fan.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 20, 2016, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

It was a very impressive game for OSU for sure. Best football they played all year. Too bad that was months ago. The OSU I have watched the past few weeks has some real issues IMO. If Michigan's sorry QB can throw for 219 I cannot imagine what DW will do.

Dec 20, 2016, 1:04 PM

That was also the game they lost. In that game, PSU scored 17 fourth quarter points (with a bit of help, but it is what it is). In all other games, OSU gave up no more than 7 second half points to any team. They make great halftime adjustments.

Clemson will get their points, but they need to get all they can in the first half. I think second half points will be at a premium. On the flip side, Clemson hasn't had great showings in some games in the second half, so it could play out like many think - Clemson going up by double digits and having to hold on at the end of the game.

There is a lot of neutralizing factors on both sides for both teams, but I see 2 clear advantages for the Tigers, DW4 and the DL. If DW4 takes care of the ball and does what he does, and the DL can get pressure on JT and/or contain the running game, it should be a W. Anything else and it's a coin flip.

Dec 20, 2016, 1:19 PM

It really is about the turnovers. 1 or less we win. Go Tigers

Dec 20, 2016, 1:28 PM

Yep we could still win with 2 or 3 but 1 or less would be ideal.

Big plays & penalties______________

Dec 20, 2016, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

Those two have killed our "cushion leads" all season ***__ don't get lax & give up the big plays or get the motion / holding / interference, penalties at the wrong time !!! and the rest will take care of itself -- Go Tigers**

Re: Big plays & penalties______________

Dec 20, 2016, 1:27 PM

Yep I agree for sure. Keep the petal to the metal and play clean football.

Dec 20, 2016, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

24 to Oklahoma and actually 27 to Michigan.

Dec 20, 2016, 1:31 PM

Yes, the UM game was 17 in regulation.

Dec 20, 2016, 1:39 PM

True that.

Dec 20, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio St has given up 24 points in a game ]

And OU scored 17 offensively, with an additional 7 coming from a Mixon kick return TD

Penn State's RB is the best in the country.***

Dec 20, 2016, 1:43 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Penn State's RB is the best in the country.***

Dec 20, 2016, 3:32 PM

He is good but not Dalvin Cook good.

Barkley is an every down back.

Dec 20, 2016, 4:32 PM

Reminds me so much of Barry Sanders.

Cook is a 1B

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Dec 20, 2016, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Penn State's RB is the best in the country.*** ]

D'Onta Foreman also says hello. Maybe you were just kidding though.

Dec 20, 2016, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Penn State's RB is the best in the country.*** ]

That Pumphrey kid is pretty good as well.

Dec 20, 2016, 3:15 PM

We will do a touchdown better than that and possible a bit more than that . No way in goodness do tjey hold this rendition of the Clemson offense in check , especially when you consider we want Alabama in Tampa and DW4 is feeling a little snubbed .

I say 34-27 Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 20, 2016, 3:32 PM

That works for me!

Similar argument some USuC fans made...

Dec 20, 2016, 3:49 PM

said they hadn't given up more than 31 points all year and that there's no way Clemson runs all over their defense. Well, Clemson scored 35 by halftime. I understand that OSU has amazing athletes and a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. They haven't faced as talented an offense like Clemson, which is capable of executing at the highest level on any given day. Will it be easy? No, or the other teams that faced OSU would have already done it. I expect a hard fought game with plenty of scoring. Go Tigers!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic