Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson forgot that they couldn't make it to a playoff.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Clemson forgot that they couldn't make it to a playoff.

Dec 5, 2016, 12:31 PM

I don't understand the success this year because according to the media we were supposed to not come close to the natty.
First of all our d-line lost 2 irreplaceable guys in Lawson and Dodd. That means no more pass rushing ability for the Tigers. The main reason besides Lawson and Dodd that we were able to get to the qb was because of extraordinary play from defensive backs which we lost last year. Kearse, Green, and world class Alexander went pro and now the Tigers have a line and backs that are inexperienced and will create more pressure for our d-line to take up slack which as stated earlier there is no possible way. Therefore we have a skeleton defense that will be to young or whatever to play efficiently.
On to the offense. Deshaun Watson will get hurt because he will. Wonderful logic.
Our schedule last year was pretty daunting but we were able to play the big games at home. Notre Dame was one play from beating us in the final seconds with their 2 point play as per media outlets (though a simple country boy like myself thought that play would have just tied the game but what do I know). Free Shoes U played us in the Valley so we had the home advantage but not this year. Clemson has to travel to Dook Campbell where a stout d is waiting and an offense that will crush our weak defense. Before that we have to take on Looserville that was seconds away from beating us last year as well plus they have a way better team. But the toughest challenge of all is Allburn, a tremendous team from the SEC best, who along with Bammer and Lswhoo should be playing warmup games against the Patriots and 49ers. Remember we have to travel to Jordan Hair with our pitiful defense to be put on display and Watson most likely leaving on a stretcher. And to put a little glass in that nail pie of a schedule the Tigers play Pawl Joshnson, dooshtulas open crush, at their house where we havent won a game since 03 and try to stop a gt team that lost relevance to us when Venables took over d-cord position.
Even after playing semi pro Allburn, FSU, Looserville, not having a defense, qb that can't make it through a quarter without losing a limb, etc... and some how pull out a miracle of biblical proportions by winning atleast 9 of those 12 games We still have to understand that we won't have a shot with the competition across the mighty sec, B1G, both pacs and Big game Bobs conference because there will not be a spot for the lowly ACC champs much less them Tigers.
2016 is not our year to compete and I haven't a clue why we stepped on the field. A guy at Anderson independent tried to tell us in an article he titled 10 reasons Clemson won't win the Natty even though his article boasted 10 reasons we wouldn't win our conference much less a playoff. His prophetic visions I guess was a healthy appetite for ##### and everything Scar related.
TRUTH = Clemson recruiting at the highest level and replaced guys that seem irreplaceable. Watson is a tough son of a gun and the most valuable player to his team for any team. Our receivers are hands down the best group in the country and have been for years and will be for years to come. Our d-line is filled with underclassmen but they are college all Americans. Big Dex is the only true Lineman I've ever seen that could have transitioned to a pro team straight out of high school. Watson and every single other player was handpicked not just for their abilities but because of there character. Coach Swinney is a force to reckoned with off the field, he gives Tony, Jeff, Brent, etc... their own keys to the car and manages this team like no other coach has before.
We are gonna have haters. I.e.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article85683537.html
But I am truly glad to have our ball club put in the spotlight year after year. 2 back to back ACC Champs, 2 Back to back College Football Playoff appearances, beating Scar to a pulp, taking the fake heisman front runner down a peg, ging t FSU and beating them, I would mention gt but they shouldn't have been mentioned earlier, thankful for Dabo and crew, I'm just on pins excited about Clemsons success and the future success we are going to have.
Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can already imagine the idiotic retorts, though

Dec 5, 2016, 1:50 PM

If you have a playoff bound team, YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!

The refs gave you the calls to get in
the opposing kickers gave you the missed field goals to get in
The holders of the first down markers gave you games
blah, blah, blah

Anyway, I'm so proud of this team.

2 more wins.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize the guy wrote another article why we would win...

Dec 5, 2016, 1:54 PM

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article84175467.html

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article85683537.html

People always think they need to play the victim, and that translates to sports. Dude basically wrote "Hey heres 10 reasons Clemson will win" and then said "Hey here's 10 reasons that last article I wrote may be wrong".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do we like him now, or can we straddle the fence, too?***

Dec 5, 2016, 1:57 PM

Oh no, a member of the football media straddling a fence...

Dec 5, 2016, 2:02 PM

thats the exact opposite of what I want!

In all seriousness, its just not an example of someone being a hater.

It always bothered me when people acted like they had a victim complex when talking about sports. You either agree with the writer, or the writer is just a hater. "disrespekt" or however the CFB meme army spells it in its truest form.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree -- thank you for pointing out the other article***

Dec 5, 2016, 3:08 PM

A lot of Pundits had us going to the title pre-season

Dec 5, 2016, 2:00 PM

The Faux Butthurt is getting really old.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn.***

Dec 5, 2016, 2:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson forgot that they couldn't make it to a playoff.***

Dec 5, 2016, 2:01 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Clemson forgot that they couldn't make it to a playoff.

Dec 5, 2016, 2:10 PM

First of all in the interest of full disclosure I should tell everyone straight up that I'm a Bama fan. I didn't come here to talk trash or stir up trouble. I wanted to congratulate the Clemson faithful on a fantastic season! What your team has accomplished is impressive, especially considering the fact that your success last year put a big target on your back for every team you played. Your guys gave our guys all they could handle in the National Championship game last year, and I thought then that Bama would be seeing Clemson in the playoffs again this year.

Also, FWIW Watson will win the Heisman this year-- if they ever were to give it to a defensive player I would have said Jonathan Allen should get it but we all know that ain't going to happen. Anyway, good luck vs. Ohio State!

Are you related to Beer Bryant?

Dec 5, 2016, 3:11 PM

Isn't this right about the time he showed up last year with a very winsome introduction?

Re: Are you related to Beer Bryant?

Dec 5, 2016, 4:32 PM

Never heard of her.

This is what I read.

Dec 5, 2016, 4:34 PM

TIGER BALLS.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic