Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oh how I miss living on a corner lot and only having
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1,092

Oh how I miss living on a corner lot and only having

May 23, 2019, 9:23 AM

one neighbor to deal with.

moved in about 8 months ago. yard was a wreck. planned immediately to have it professionally redone, so we got a survey early on. discussed the border with the neighbor. because he frequently cut all the way over to our driveway (because prior tenants DNGAF about landscaping). Agreed that the projected line was about 1 pass of the lawnmower beside our driveway (so ~22-24"). we did NOT pull a string because we didn't think it was necessary. Geez were we wrong.

got plans for the work. showed them to the neighbor. He said ok. so we had a lot of work done. regarded and sodded the entire yard, installed a huge retaining wall in the backyard and added a berm (and intended tree line) between the properties to keep his rain runoff from flooding our driveway and direct it into the swale that we made. The entire time we had the boundary marked (found the rebar, pulled the string, spray painted the line...repeatedly checked it). The berm stops with about 2-3" to spare within property line.

dude was out of the country for the entire 3-4 week project. So he comes home just in time to see the finished product. He stops me in the driveway the next morning and tells me that we crossed the prop line. I explained to him that we marked the line and kept it marked the entire time to ensure that we avoided just that. my wife and I grab a string, pull it from roughly where we knew the pin to be. he said we were wrong. I grabbed a copy of the survey. grabbed a scale and a tape measure. measured off the driveway ref. he said the survey was wrong. landscaper comes out, digs up the rebar, ties off the string. neighbor says we paid the surveyor; therefore, the lines were drawn in our favor. so he is getting another survey done.

It was like and in person P&R Board discussion. ###?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: Oh how I miss living on a corner lot and only having

May 23, 2019, 9:27 AM

Any chance the new survey agrees with you again?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should. They are not paid to add land for other people,

May 23, 2019, 9:49 AM

they are paid to perform a professional survey.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as he's paying for the new survey***

May 23, 2019, 9:28 AM

the irony is that the 3 house bordering him were all sold, d

May 23, 2019, 9:59 AM

and had surveys done in the last 8-9 months. so the markers are all there. He technically has a free survey. I think he is feeling encroached upon because the folks on the other side of him appear to be building a fence. so that, plus our new trees will really show how small his backyard is.

You can't use your neighbor's pins to mark your property.

May 23, 2019, 10:10 AM

If you live on a corner and everyone else on your block uses the other corner to survey (this happens all the time) from you always end up short with less than your deed shows. Your surveyor should have laid out your property lines using all roads defining your block. There's always minor differences and since you were last to lay out lines you got shafted. You can not use your neighbors' pins to show your property lines. Oh, they'll let you, that's not the problem, the problem is they often use their neighbors' pins if they can gain from it.

That's why I said close enough isn't close enough. Being close is what created this mess. I wasn't trying to be offensive. I had two years of surveying at Clemson. One was required and the other elective because I owned property at the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

???

May 23, 2019, 10:15 AM

not sure what you are referring to...our surveyor did lay out the lines.

not sure what happened to my response

May 23, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to You can't use your neighbor's pins to mark your property. ]

our surveyor DID lay out the property lines again and he found a difference. ironically it was to the neighbor's favor.

happens when the subject line is all puncuation

May 23, 2019, 5:11 PM

it doesn't show up in the URL prior to the poast number.

if you add "???_" before the post # at the end, it'll show up

wonder why...
B-Meist®

also, question for you

May 23, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to You can't use your neighbor's pins to mark your property. ]

YOu said, " Your surveyor should have laid out your property lines using all roads defining your block. There's always minor differences and since you were last to lay out lines you got shafted."

what's "minor"?

<16

May 23, 2019, 10:34 AM

CS02

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Burn his house down....

May 23, 2019, 9:30 AM

??

Re: Burn his house down....

May 23, 2019, 12:59 PM

That was my first thought also.

Then he will have something to really worry about.

Murray cypress trees will be your friend

May 23, 2019, 9:31 AM

There's a guy on Williams Street (Basically a continuation of Refuge Rd.) who sells them for very reasonable.

I'd just ask if he'd prefer you didn't do #### with the yard like the last owner. I probably couldn't help aggravating him, by requesting he do another survey, then another, then another without any real regard to where the property line is. He'd also get every leaf and blade of grass blown into his yard/driveway for the duration of my stay there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#redneckneighbor ftw

May 23, 2019, 9:31 AM

Something about rednecks and property lines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, I am on a corner and still

May 23, 2019, 9:35 AM

have two to deal with. Luckily they aren't bad so far and one neighbor's son installed the AC unit for the house last year.

I do wonder just who owns the fence that goes around. I also wonder how much trouble the big oak tree is going to cause me. Trunk is fully on my side, top is 1/3ish in theirs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's your tree

May 23, 2019, 12:25 PM

I have a similar tree at a rental house. The way I understand it my insurance isn't responsible for any damage from it unless the neighbor writes a letter to me expressing concern.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

This also means they can't go trimming their side without

May 23, 2019, 12:38 PM

my approval, correct?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure on that***

May 23, 2019, 1:04 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

an extra 2-3" for that dood is obviously needed***

May 23, 2019, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Roughly where you though the pin to be isn't good enough.***

May 23, 2019, 9:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you stop reading at that point?

May 23, 2019, 11:01 AM

If so, here is what you missed:

"I grabbed a copy of the survey. grabbed a scale and a tape measure. measured off the driveway ref. he said the survey was wrong. landscaper comes out, digs up the rebar, ties off the string."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pics look good though!

May 23, 2019, 9:44 AM

This is exactly why I am not capable of living in a neighborhood. Hillbilly feudin' takes a lot of time, energy, and ammo.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Murderous rage

May 23, 2019, 9:49 AM

When he is proven wrong, he still will not believe it. It is a deep state LGBT Survey conspiracy and he will not stand for it.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

once you're proven right,

May 23, 2019, 10:05 AM

ask him if he would mind mowing the 2-3" of your yard on his side of the berm. If not, just let it grow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, this is preventing us from addressing the real

May 23, 2019, 10:07 AM

issue...which is his ####### bamboo that is intruding on our backyard.

Good luck with that. It never goes away. TOTALLY invasive

May 23, 2019, 10:08 AM

and only idiots plant that crap.

solution

May 23, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Honestly, this is preventing us from addressing the real ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need bamboo for a flag pole

May 23, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Honestly, this is preventing us from addressing the real ]

for tailgating. I will take some of it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

we had some in our last house that we inherited from....

May 23, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Honestly, this is preventing us from addressing the real ]

previous owner. We had decent success keeping it contained by digging a trench around where we wanted it to stay and burying 2x10 (may have been 1x can't remember exactly) treated boards and sprayed them with some kind of spray to keep them from spreading. They filled up the boundary pretty quick, but stayed inside it. Ended up working out pretty well.

When we purchased our house

May 23, 2019, 10:11 AM

there was an established yard with established boundaries that we thought was part of the house. Come to find out the brother of the previous tenants (who still lives behind our house) had the property lines redone to not provide an easement for the house (this was back in the 70's when nobody GAF). This way he would be able to control the sell of the house.

Luckily he is a family friend of my wife's family and gladly gave us the the rest of the established yard plus sold us some of the woods to make a full acre

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure it's a good feeling to know that now all of your

May 23, 2019, 10:36 AM

home's tires are on YOUR property.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got Bubbles after him

May 23, 2019, 10:40 AM

Image result for bubbles trailer park boys gif

Be honest with us...

May 23, 2019, 10:15 AM

How much did you have to pay the surveyor to add the extra to your lot???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1,092
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic