Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer auburnfan...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Deer auburnfan...

Aug 21, 2017, 6:09 PM

Listen up! I assume you have good intentions, but you don't wanna end up like this guy...

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21749935#21749935

You remind me of our old pal supermutt. You come here claiming that you want to talk football, but really all you do is argue with people and claim that we are "misinformed" and go on to proclaim Clemson's inferiority in every single aspect discussed...talent, coaches, D Line, O Line, receivers, kickers, waterboys, stadium, mascot(s), conference, cheerleaders, lake, church boosters...Auburn has an edge in all of em.

Look dood, this is a CLEMSON board. We didn't come to you to talk about how informed we are on Auburn. You came to us. So don't act so surprised when the vast majority of us disagree with you when you claim that Auburn holds so many edges over us.

You came here for info, so here are the facts....

Clemson is 70-13 since 2011. Auburn is 56-32
Clemson is 49-7 since 2014. Auburn is 35-18

Clemson is 28-2 in the last TWO seasons, with TWO national championship appearances and TWO conference championships (for all my Jay-Z fans, "That's 22-Two's!")

Auburn is 15-11 in the last TWO seasons. That's right, Clemson has lost 2 fewer games since 2012 than Auburn has lost in the last two years alone.

So what makes you so confident that Auburn holds an advantage in as many ways as you say they do? And please, don't give me the whole, "you had Deshaun Watson" blah blah BS. That's a part of having a superior program. We have no shortage of future studs to roll out, including the QB position. The national media said we couldn't replace Tajh Boyd. Or Sammy Watkins. Or the entire 2014 defense. Or the entire 2015 defense. Or Chad Morris. And now, it's Deshaun Watson. Sooner or later people will realize that this program is so much more than just the names of the individual guys who suit up for us.

Clemson is at the point where we don't rebuild, we reload. And frankly, we are doing a much better job of doing it than Auburn is....which is kind of funny, considering you can point to the recruiting rankings and see that Auburn has an edge on Clemson on paper....

So how can that be?! Why are we playing for (and winning) National Championships while Auburn is losing 5 games a year?

Could it be superior coaching? Dabo has a .761 winning pct at Clemson. Gus is .660 at Auburn

Could it be superior chemistry? Clemson just went 4 years while only replacing 1 assistant coach. I'm guessing Auburn has had more turnover than that, especially since the Auburn DC position seems to be reserved for a crash-test dummy a la Kevin Steele or coach BOOM

Could it be superior work-ethic? Clemson was recently ranked 2nd in graduation rate in 2016. Auburn was ranked 10th (top 10 is still impressive, so I'll give you that)

Could it be superior accountability among players? Clemson had 1 player arrested in 2016. Auburn had 7.

Could it be superior home environment? Clemson is 39-3 at home since 2011. One of those wins is over Auburn. Auburn is 32-12 in that same time frame. 1 of those losses is to Clemson.

No matter what it is, there's something in these hills, and Auburn is going to be reminded of that once again in a few short weeks. When you take off the orange-colored glasses and throw away the recruiting rankings, I see a whole lot of signs that point to Clemson as the superior program, and it's so much bigger than just one guy who wore #4. So what makes you so confident that your Auburn team is going to come out of DEATH VALLEY with a win? Because a recruiting service thought some HS kid who played a couple games at Baylor was pretty good?

You seem like a nice guy. And you haven't been as outrageous or rude as others in the past. I enjoy having some outside perspective from other fanbases, and I always expect a varying degree of homerism since I am the same way.

But please, know your role. Auburn very well may win come September 9th...but if they do, it will be an upset for sure. Clemson is the top dog right now...or should I say, top cat.

Okay, now Spot the #### ball!

PS - I'll leave you with some food for thought originally intended for UGA fans...

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21787476#21787476

Message was edited by: CU2013®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and one more thing:

Aug 21, 2017, 6:12 PM

Nope, you said it all. And well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, and one more thing:

Aug 21, 2017, 10:05 PM

ha! thanks

Couldn't put it better myself

Aug 21, 2017, 6:15 PM

and I think I speak on behalf of 95% of the good folks on this board when I say thank you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1.....

Aug 21, 2017, 6:23 PM

For Jay Z reference ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also pointed solely for the HOVA reference***

Aug 21, 2017, 7:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also pointed solely for the HOVA reference***

Aug 21, 2017, 10:07 PM

This is auburnfan's theme song...GSCtigerflyintiger23®

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5g8G5mqSdI

+1.....

Aug 22, 2017, 6:30 PM

NICE!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, so auburnfan is supermutt's scok?***

Aug 21, 2017, 6:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^I have thought this more than once...

Aug 21, 2017, 7:04 PM

If so, then I assume they are both scoks of some coot

This post reminds me of the eclipse today.

Aug 21, 2017, 7:39 PM

Total.

Re: Deer auburnfan...

Aug 21, 2017, 8:02 PM

LOL . . .mic drop.

Aug 21, 2017, 8:27 PM

Auburnfan, there's really nothing else to say.

TL:DR

Aug 21, 2017, 8:33 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 8:41 PM

https://giphy.com/gifs/smile-done-Mp4hQy51LjY6A

Aug 22, 2017, 8:27 AM

Hahahaha

lol supermutt

Aug 22, 2017, 9:10 AM

Questioning CUs ability to provide pressure points out only two players "lack of production"

The answer

"You do realize most teams play four d-linemen"

lol supermutt

Aug 22, 2017, 9:11 AM

Questioning CUs ability to provide pressure points out only two players "lack of production"

The answer

"You do realize most teams play four d-linemen"

Literally died when I read that 4 years later.

LOL

Aug 22, 2017, 10:59 AM

the supermutt threads never get old

Aug 22, 2017, 12:33 PM

That was long.

Those years you included ... include the two worst years in AU history ... 11 & 12. When we fired our coach.

Have we under performed? Yes. After our 2013 NC game appearance, we thought we'd be really good in 2014. We lost our best player on D (Carl Lawson) with and injury as well as the best player on D the year before (Dee Ford, 1st rounder). Losing Lawson killed our Defense. 2014 should've been a big year. We had all the tools on Offense, but the recruiting talent was young (Lawson, Adams, WIlliams were all Fresh & Sophs) ... bla bla bla ... we hit a skid at the end. IMO, with Lawson, we beat aTM (Butt fumble game) UGA and Bama .... After racking up 630 yds on Bama that year, Lawson would've caused their QBs all kind of problems. Might've gotten ugly.

2015 ... Great Talent. HUGE mis on QB. Jeremy Johnson wasn't what we thought he was ... so we have to play Sean White as a Freshman.

2016 ... Best D in 10 years .... Kept us in every game ...When Sean was healthy he was rock solid, he gets hurt ... we have #2.

2017 .... Best D on paper I've ever seen as an AU fan. Now we have depth at QB. If Stidham gets hurt, White is finally 100%. We also like our #3 Malik Willis (coaches think he's the best athlete on the team).

So it has finally come together like it was in 2013. Great QB play .... talent all around the QB
and a great D.

IF this year doesn't look like 2013 ... Gus will probably be gone.

And I think you're in denial about the Watson comment. We'll see soon enough. Clemson may have more talent now than they ever have as well. Clemson may be destined to Avg 10 win seasons for the next 5 years. They may not. But in my honest opinion, We both had elite QBs (you had yours for several seasons we had ours for one)

Those "Once in a generation" type of players all called that for a reason.

This game will be a Big Time game and will more than likely come down to the last drive imo.
I'll be back to tell you what I think of the game and my experience win or lose.
If Auburn loses I'm sure I'll get some garbage thrown my way.

But an Auburn loss at Clemson isn't the end of the world ... & like I said it's 50 50 ... dare I say probable that we could lose? So I won't be shocked at all.

It's an important game for us for perception. The SEC took a step back last year.
We have an opportunity to turn that perception around
Bama vs FSU
AU vs Clemson
UT vs GT

I'm looking forward to it.

Sheesh that was long...

Aug 22, 2017, 1:09 PM

With that line of thinking we would've been national champs in 2013, 2014, and 2015 had Nkemdiche stayed committed to us. And let me guess, you would've won the lottery had you gotten all the right numbers picked....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer auburnfan... ]

> Losing Lawson killed
> our Defense. 2014 should've been a big year.

Final record: 8-5.

>
> 2015 ... Great Talent. HUGE mis on QB. Jeremy Johnson
> wasn't what we thought he was ... so we have to play
> Sean White as a Freshman.
>

Final record: 7-6

> 2016 ... Best D in 10 years .... Kept us in every
> game ...When Sean was healthy he was rock solid, he
> gets hurt ... we have #2.
>

Final record: 8-5

> 2017 .... Best D on paper I've ever seen as an AU
> fan. Now we have depth at QB. If Stidham gets hurt,
> White is finally 100%.
>

Wow - amazing that every year it's just *ONE PLAYER* that keeps Auburn from reaching the pinnacle. To paraphrase - you ain't TOO DEEP.

50/50 AT CLEMSON? I think you're kidding yourself. You need to take CU2013's advice and know your role. Which is whipping boy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^well said!***

Sep 1, 2017, 3:02 PM

I included back to 2011 because it's 5 years

Aug 22, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer auburnfan... ]

that's a nice, even number for looking at recent history.

I included "from 2014" separately because I knew you would fuss over having the 2012 season included

It is long, and probably too much for you to process. I recommend shutting your mouth, holding off on the excuses, and reading it again

HTH

Oh, and I almost forgot***

Aug 22, 2017, 2:33 PM

So far you've proven nothing...

Aug 22, 2017, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer auburnfan... ]

Auburn has proven nothing. Malzahn has proven nothing.
Everything you've got is on paper. Until you prove it on the field you sound quite cootish bragging about your hopes and dreams. As of recent history WE OWN YOU. That's your reality. Your SEC BS is played out. Go buy another QB from Miss. St., UF, whatever, and do what you dirty SEC programs do. Until then you, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida ALL STINK.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you replaced Cam by signing the top QB in the class two

Aug 22, 2017, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer auburnfan... ]

years in a row?

Nope, no you did not.

Your B12 QB that never faced a defense is going to have a rude awakening when he comes to Clemson. Aubie better bring vomit bags, because he will need it when he sees Clemson coming down that Hill and 130 dB's make the Earth below his feet start moving.

Re: So you replaced Cam by signing the top QB in the class two

Aug 23, 2017, 5:00 PM

hopefully!

Aug 22, 2017, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer auburnfan... ]

But don't Auburn fans say this is the year every year

Aug 23, 2017, 9:53 AM

yep