Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coming to a town near you!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,398

Coming to a town near you!

Jun 14, 2020, 2:07 AM

I tried. I lost. It’s all good, we all have to live with it but I can live on water and glass I’ll be ok. It’s the weak among you I was trying to save. Cops will be resigning in mass, in a lot of major cities. A large portion who don’t resign are simply staying on because they are near retirement and don’t want to give up their pensions. Many will try to find positions out in the counties and small towns as well. State police will not want to be where all the pressure falls once the cities have fallen, so if a state government is as hostile as the city governments they will quit too. I see 3 scenarios playing out in many major cities:

1. All in, disband police, stand up some other small hamstrung force. City declines steadily (it won’t be immediate chaos because they will want to display its working)

2. A democrat party fissure into a pro police and anti police camp (republicans are not even viable in many cities). In cities where anti police camp wins, see number 1. Where pro police camp wins the city continues fairly normal with some reforms but the police will want guarantees they can actually police.

3. State government or even feds (politics gets messy here, more likely in select states) take over the cities and literally charge the mayor and council for insurrection or treason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coming to a town near you!

Jun 14, 2020, 2:22 AM

You are about to see White flight like you've never seen before out of these cities. Lots will be liberals who've claimed to support the riots, yet want to be nowhere near when the consequences come in.

Which means the white liberals will soon be moving to a small peaceful suburb near you.
Whoopee!

Jun 14, 2020, 2:56 AM

The problem is they vote.

Yep. Like locusts. They will move to another place

Jun 14, 2020, 4:36 AM

and destroy it just like the one they left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep! Don't believe it? Just look at Florida

Jun 14, 2020, 8:02 AM

and see what the liberal yankees that are moving there have done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Oh Yes! TheSky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!

Jun 14, 2020, 5:49 AM

There will be unnecessary bloodshed, but this too shall pass.

Jun 14, 2020, 7:17 AM

We probably don't need half the arrests anyway. The ones who stay can just focus on more serious issues.

Jun 14, 2020, 7:31 AM

Probably not, most likely things go back kinda close to the old normal with some rules spelled out on the use of force by police and about a duty to intervene by other cops if rules are broken.

Some police resign but not in mass and the feds don't take over the cities. At the end of the day, people needs jobs and money and if you are part of the police then you think about what else you can do before you resign. If you have a good plan and can execute it then you go do something else if that is your choice. If you don't find the rules cumbersome and you still enjoy being part of the police and living where you live then you adapt and stay on.

America is resilient and strong and will adapt and survive this despite what the fear mongers among us want to say. America survived Y2K and that was supposed to be the end of civilization due to the failure of technology. America survived 9/11, NYC has rebuilt and the Pentagon is still standing and functioning. We can throw in the lottery and legalization of marijuana as well. None of these things had the drastic outcomes that some predicted. America will survive Covid-19 as well.

Students will come back to Clemson and finish college and go out into the world regardless of the the name of the honors college or if a building is called Old Main or Tillman Hall. New students will come in and start a new chapter in their lives. Sports will come back and the worriers among us will fret over play calling and refs and what our recruit rankings will be and that will absorb nervous energy that has to go somewhere. I am willing to bet money that this is what happens and in six months we are talking football and basketball again and the world is still turning.

Jun 14, 2020, 8:05 AM

Exactly

Jun 14, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Coming to a town near you! ]

I hope you're right...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 7:51 AM

That's a nice novel you're starting , fiction suits .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

FOOTBALL***

Jun 14, 2020, 8:04 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When do the aliens land?***

Jun 14, 2020, 8:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 9:06 AM

I’m kind of starting to pull for the asteroid at this point.

Jun 14, 2020, 11:15 AM

The sad part is it won’t just hurt the cities that enforced this craziness... it will be on the taxpayers all across the country to bail these cities out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,398
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic