Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody remember the BC game in 2007?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Anybody remember the BC game in 2007?

Nov 11, 2018, 6:37 AM

I do. It was our first chance at winning a division title. Death Valley was electric. An Aaron Kelly drop and Matt Ryan being clutch killed our dreams. It felt good to see us return the favor to BC last night. These are good times folks. Enjoy it while we have it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody remember the BC game in 2007?

Nov 11, 2018, 6:56 AM

I was there. I’ve never heard the valley go completely silent after a game like that. That loss hurt more than any one I can remember.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 11:32 AM

I don't know that it was pay back

That was also a tough catch

but our d also left us down

RYAN SUXS :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 7:35 AM

yep Kelly drop happened right in front of us. Unforgettable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 7:38 AM

It was my 40th birthday. We stayed at a B and B in Salem and went to the game that night. That TD throw from Matt Ryan and the umcharacteristic Kelley drop are seared into my memory.

It's all good now.

Nov 11, 2018, 7:45 AM

I'll never forget how disheartening it was leaving the stadium that night knowing we should have had them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a tree falls in the forest, and my wife isn't there to hear it, am I still wrong?

Oh I remembered.... That was a hard loss to swallow. At that

Nov 11, 2018, 8:11 AM

time I was living in Charlotte and I was so exhausted I found a place to sleep in Greenville because I was too tired to drive back to Charlotte. I had no voice and properly had too much beer too.

Yes. I remember one of our drunk fans stumbling around

Nov 11, 2018, 8:28 AM

in front of our tailgate before game yelling "Ya'll ready to go to Jacksonville?" Man did he have a rough hangover next morning after that disappointment.

Amen***

Nov 11, 2018, 8:33 AM

If Kelly catches that pass and we win, we may not have Dabo

Nov 11, 2018, 8:36 AM

now as that might have bought Bowden more time and Dabo maybe gets plucked away by another team! So glad things worked out like they did!

Saw a grown man who looked like he came off the set

Nov 11, 2018, 8:36 AM

of "Ax Men" crying his eyes out when we were completely fooled by the misdirection TD.

I guess he had already made his game reservations.

Nov 11, 2018, 8:38 AM

I was at that game. Long ride home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 8:51 AM

I was there. Pretty cold night. Set in the end zone. Remember seeing Tommy Bowden run past me heading to the locker room and i wanted to choke him.

Wasn't the Kelly "drop" a diving attempt on like

Nov 11, 2018, 8:52 AM

a 40 yard deep ball? I've never watched a replay of that, but the way i remember it, it would've been an amazing catch.

Well i just pulled it up on Youtube and

Nov 11, 2018, 8:58 AM

1) Wow are we faster and more talented now
2) Kelly should've caught that ball.

Yep, just re-watched the last part and the ball hit Kelly

Nov 13, 2018, 8:44 AM

right in the hands at the numbers. He didn't miss many but that was certainly a BIG one.

Nov 11, 2018, 8:55 AM

It also goes to remind us, just how quickly things can go wrong in a game. Never take a win of any size for granted I distinctly remember hoping and praying we would beat the wf, gt, nc etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

2 words David Dunham

Nov 13, 2018, 8:56 AM

2005 - but I really don't care about that ....

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2x9ldYz1v0

null

Nov 13, 2018, 9:56 AM

TB just had some bad breaks go against him in several games during his time at Clemson. But I still say without the TB hire Clemson’s football program would not be where it is today. He left Dabo a foundation to build on. Dabo is determined and had a great vision for Clemson’s future.

I don’t think all fans know just how special Dabo Sweeney really is. Fortunately for us, Tommy Bowden did. Dabo’s vision is why we are elite now. Unless you know him personally you cannot know just how special the Sweeney Family really is. Last night I found put a little more about Dabo and his family. I hope he never leaves Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but I don't buy the "bad break" narrative. He was

Nov 13, 2018, 11:11 AM

PERPETUALLY just "a couple of plays away" from winning consistently. Don't take my word for it. Ask 130 colleges and universities why he has not had a head coaching job since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, but I don't buy the "bad break" narrative. He was

Nov 13, 2018, 11:16 AM

Maybe he did not want to get back into coaching. Idk for sure but Clemson is better off because he was her. Or do you think Tom Herman, Mike Leach and some of the other names that were thrown out when TB left would have Clemson where it is today.

Fortunate for Clemson that he had the foresight to hire Dabo!

Nov 13, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Anybody remember the BC game in 2007? ]

Please learn how to spell our head coach’s last name. He is 111-30, will soon have brought us our fifth conference championship in 10 years, and has done it the right way. After 10+ years, all fans should take the time to learn how to spell his name.

He deserves that respect.

The biggest thing I remember from that game

Nov 13, 2018, 10:14 AM

Was our busted coverage and that BC wide receiver being wide open right in front of our section. You could hear a pin drop in our stands. Rough night.

Aaron Kelly's drop makes me smh....***

Nov 13, 2018, 11:36 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said many times that if Aaron Kelly catches that

Nov 13, 2018, 12:14 PM

pass, we have TB for a few more years - and probably Dabo for 0 years...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic