Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So my area kind of opened up some for business.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 427

So my area kind of opened up some for business.

May 20, 2020, 12:20 PM

I went by the place I get my haircut and saw someone in the place. They said they won't be reopening and were going out of business. Then yesterday I went by a little pub that I like to go to see if any drinking friends were there. They said they wont be opening back up either. They said they were barely holding on and opening up at 25% allowed occupancy doesn't help them. The next stage was 50% occupancy. They couldn't make it. Is this a sign of things to come?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think so it's gonna be a long haul

May 20, 2020, 12:23 PM

those places will open but with new owners over time

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh 100% - a lot of places won't make it through this***

May 20, 2020, 12:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kind of figured off the top of my head, at least 50%

May 20, 2020, 12:29 PM

of restaurants and bars won't ever open back up. The ones around us who have stayed open have been busting their ###, working for tips only, starting delivery services, etc.

Talking with people in other states it's way worse there, especially Michigan and Illinois. I'll be curious to see what happens to property values in some of these suburbs when half of the stuff that made it desirable to live there no longer exists.

IMO the pain is just beginning, Trump bucks are gone, businesses are closing, and the party is starting to be over for a lot of people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably going to be quite the bloodbath for

May 20, 2020, 12:29 PM

small town main street types.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably will be a huge exodus from big cities

May 20, 2020, 9:42 PM

everyone with the means will get the heck out of the "zones" and move out to cleaner air and less congestion. People are gonna figure out what many of us have always known - people suck. And in the future, the more people per square mile around you, the more your quality of life will suck.

Look for rural property to become a hot commodity while city real estate tanks. Cities are gonna go bankrupt. Rural areas will flourish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did that prostitute you were banging open back up?***

May 20, 2020, 1:01 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Did that prostitute you were banging open back up?***

May 20, 2020, 1:29 PM

I am not sure. I might have to check in with her. Maybe her rates have lowered. We never really got anywhere due to her price gouging. I wish I could blame my morals, but no.

So about your area being open for business

May 20, 2020, 1:07 PM

we're talking buttstuff right?

Undoubtedly there’ll be businesses that don’t make it. But _

May 20, 2020, 1:16 PM

there will be some changes that are beneficial, at least from my perspective. First there may be a trend to more outdoor open air venues, events and seating. Second, less dense venues and seating may also result. Third Engineering and Architectural changes may incorporate better HVAC along with the above referenced outdoor and lower density indoor trends. Finally better sanitation practices and technology such as UV lights will occur.

Some clientele may have an unwillingness to go to smaller, cramped, loud and poorly ventilated restaurants and bars. Give me a Tiki bar on the water, an outdoor patio with ceiling fans or a spacious, high ceiling, well ventilated venue.

maybe they will build some lakes around

May 20, 2020, 1:25 PM

Here for the new restsurants. Im not eating ouside here in winter or summer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Undoubtedly there’ll be businesses that don’t make it. But _

May 20, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Undoubtedly there’ll be businesses that don’t make it. But _ ]

sounds like you want something "tropical"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regarding HVAC, don't hold your breathe...

May 20, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Undoubtedly there’ll be businesses that don’t make it. But _ ]

To truly improve the situation costs a lot of money. Especially in the humid southeast. UV in the units doesn't do shid except make the owner feel better. Everything is always value engineered back to code minimum.

If you want to look toward something, look toward UV light fixtures. Your normal 2x2 or 2x4 office light with a UV bulb. Normal lighting during the day, then say at 3am when no one is around, the UV comes on for 30 minutes and burns off germs. Sanitized office space without any labor cost.

TH - don’t know if your an engineer but more outside air _

May 20, 2020, 9:15 PM

makeup is energy inefficient.

Trade offs .... tough calls but we are as smart society especially Clemson engineers.

HVAC costs have gone up quite a bit since the

May 21, 2020, 4:17 AM

requirements for outside air went up. There has been gains in efficiency but the overall tonnage of air has risen a lot. Insulation costs have gone up quite a bit too trying to offset the cooling loads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are about 3-4 families that own

May 20, 2020, 1:23 PM

basically all the buildings in our downtown. All of them have suspended rent during the past two months and plan on June if they are still closed. There is one Sports Bar type of place that was about to go under anyway, that place has zero chance, but that was ownership, the space and location is amazing. There are 14 restaurants here in town and I think 2 will definitely close, maybe 3. Plus we do not allow fast food chains, so the closest McD's or comparable is like 8-10 minutes away. That helps when weather is nice and we all just want to walk to grab food.

I think most of the boutiques and restaurants will make it and there are a lot of factors to me thinking that, but I know this isn't the normal. But super happy that it could be for the owners and for our town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are about 3-4 families that own

May 20, 2020, 1:45 PM

That's cool they dont allow those chains.

Replies: 16
| visibility 427
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic