Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Official Oppose White Nationalism Thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Official Oppose White Nationalism Thread

Aug 12, 2017, 8:14 PM

I will give all P&R people the benefit of the doubt and assume they are all opposed to the White Nationalists in Charlottesville today. However, I'd like to see them publicly denounce it.

So I'm asking all P&R regulars to affirm they oppose the White Nationalists in Charlottesville today.

Any regular who doesn't (and will be made obvious by log-in history) will be assumed to be on their side.

Obviously, I denounce it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I denounce them.

Aug 12, 2017, 8:20 PM

But also denounce tearing down Civil War memorials.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I 2nd that. ******

Aug 12, 2017, 8:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3rdsies.***

Aug 12, 2017, 8:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4thsies!***

Aug 12, 2017, 8:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cinco

Aug 13, 2017, 10:08 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

^^^what he said^^^***

Aug 12, 2017, 8:31 PM [ in reply to I denounce them. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

as long as you acknowledge they are on different levels

Aug 12, 2017, 8:33 PM [ in reply to I denounce them. ]

and don't try to equate them like Trump did today.

Re: as long as you acknowledge they are on different levels

Aug 12, 2017, 8:37 PM

How did Trump equate them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The false equivalency of using the term "on many sides"

Aug 12, 2017, 8:42 PM

when talking about the violence today.

Re: The false equivalency of using the term "on many sides"

Aug 12, 2017, 8:45 PM

But there is violence on many sides, correct?

I don't see whats wrong with saying all violence needs to end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what his speech was about***

Aug 12, 2017, 8:48 PM

Re: That's not what his speech was about***

Aug 12, 2017, 8:56 PM

His quote:

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides," Trump said.

I dont know how much stronger he can condemn since he used the word, strongest.

And there is violence on many, many sides.

Compare with this...

Aug 12, 2017, 9:08 PM

<###### async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

They are both full of people who hate others because of the

Aug 13, 2017, 2:52 AM [ in reply to as long as you acknowledge they are on different levels ]

color of their skin, their ethnicity, or just people who disagree with them, and are are willing to commit violence based on that belief. Some believe one group is more entitled or justified to feel that way and commit those acts of violence than the other, and that's exactly where a mountain of bullshat can be found.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^ same here.***

Aug 13, 2017, 8:32 AM [ in reply to I denounce them. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Official Oppose White Nationalism Thread

Aug 12, 2017, 8:28 PM

I oppose white nationalism and support tearing down statues to Civil War generals. FWIW, five of my ancestors (that I know of) fought and died fighting for the Confederacy.

Aug 12, 2017, 8:35 PM

Two of my ancestors, Bob. (That we've been able to find)

I also denounce this crap.

I try to see both sides but i can't agree with ANY violence. (Both sides because i have family members who honors our ancestors-and i have no doubt that they aren't racists)

Aug 12, 2017, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Oppose White Nationalism Thread ]

Is it coincidental that you have this view and a Yankee pic by your handle.

Aug 13, 2017, 3:18 AM

Probably so. I grew up in the '90s watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, O'Neill, and Pettitte win multiple World Series championships. I also grew up in a household where I was indoctrinated with Lost Cause propaganda by my father.

I eventually learned the truth about the Civil War. Never did grow out of my love for the New York Yankees, though.

Yeah, those Sherman statues do need to come down.***

Aug 13, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Oppose White Nationalism Thread ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2017, 8:46 PM

Btw, Catahoula, nice to see you back.

Not really back.

Aug 12, 2017, 9:11 PM

Just drunkenly and randomly breezing by like a tumbleweed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Not really back.

Aug 12, 2017, 9:14 PM

Ha. I've actually sobered up some. I was the town drunk earlier today tho. ??

did u sueiside? i missed it. hope not***

Aug 12, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Not really back. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I just ghosted.

Aug 12, 2017, 9:58 PM

Like a silent fart in the wind.

Aug 12, 2017, 8:46 PM

I denounce it but not sure why I have to "prove" it to anyone. I really don't answer to anyone but my wife and God.

You coming on a message board claiming if you don't answer your thread, you are a racist, is well, just dumb. Who the hell do you think you are to pass such judgement. Now that's my question.

lol***

Aug 12, 2017, 8:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Oppose White Nationalism Thread ]

Calm down. Drink a beer. Its a message board. ??

Who am I?

Aug 12, 2017, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Official Oppose White Nationalism Thread ]

Boy, I'm the man who made you publicly say something you didn't wanna say.

lol***

Aug 12, 2017, 9:17 PM

Re: Who am I?***

Aug 12, 2017, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Who am I? ]

I think you really think that.***

Aug 13, 2017, 3:41 AM [ in reply to Who am I? ]

- H. L. Mencken

Aug 12, 2017, 8:59 PM

I am anti-Nazi. There I said it!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I denounce white nationalism

Aug 12, 2017, 9:03 PM

and people like you.

Re: I denounce white nationalism

Aug 12, 2017, 9:05 PM

Jhop, you made it back home? ??

I do kinda suck.***

Aug 12, 2017, 9:11 PM [ in reply to I denounce white nationalism ]

Aug 12, 2017, 9:11 PM

I denounce white supremacists, neo nazis, black panthers and all that is racist

Cool. Statues aren't racist.***

Aug 12, 2017, 9:18 PM

Re: Cool. Statues aren't racist.***

Aug 13, 2017, 3:27 AM

The people who put them up were, though.

at the very least, all those that mock moderate Muslims for

Aug 12, 2017, 9:52 PM

not disavowing those that suborn Islam as an excuse for their violence need to practice what they preach and condemn these inbred crackers

(by "all those" I'm referring to social media in general not anyone specifically on here)

I think history needs to be commemorated and as long as the story is attached to the statues they should remain.

Aug 12, 2017, 10:09 PM

I am anti white nationalist, I also don't like to see civil war statues come down, but it hardly deserved today's events either. What a ###########.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When dumb#### converge.***

Aug 12, 2017, 10:11 PM

Word!***

Aug 12, 2017, 10:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I oppose

Aug 12, 2017, 10:40 PM

I appreciate all. We have more in common than most realize.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, like the history of the world we live in.

Aug 12, 2017, 11:20 PM

Get over whatever your problem is with the past, that most weren't a part of, and move forward in a positive way for yourself.

Oppose WHite Nationalists - but the Civil War Memorials ...

Aug 12, 2017, 11:13 PM

Are just a a convenient target.

I would be opposed to NEW ciivil war memorials but those that exist are a part of our history - their meaning subject to different historical interpretations. But different interpretations are part of tolerance and acceptance - and is that is precisely what America is about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am certain that had many people on here who oppose

Aug 13, 2017, 3:32 AM

slavery (as I'm sure we all do), would have supported it with a clean conscience had they lived prior to 1865.

I believe the confederate Generals and leaders who have statues and monuments were on the wrong side in the civil war, fighting for the wrong cause. Yet, as hard as it may be for many people to get their heads around, they were in many cases, very moral, noble men. It's almost certain that 150 years from now, people will have different moral standards, and in applying those standards with the benefit of hindsight, will view many things we do today without a thought as immoral. Yet, that doesn't make us immoral or unworthy of any recognition for our accomplishments in the future. Folks can decide for themselves, at that time, if we are worthy of praise. Very moral, noble people can be wrong about something, and the result can be very evil.

I supported the removal of the confederate flag, from atop the statehouse; any flag flying there should represent all citizens, and it certainly did not. However, an all out war on everything associated with the confederacy is misguided. I disagree with those who romanticize and glorify the confederacy, but I believe demonizing every single person, and even every symbol of the confederacy is wrong, and in doing so, shows a lack of understanding of humanity and human nature, and causes us to miss a very valuable lesson.

- H. L. Mencken

strongly denounce***

Aug 13, 2017, 1:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White Nationalism is an evil scourge on America.

Aug 13, 2017, 8:41 AM

Civil War statues don't bother me personally, but if a locality via some democratic process wants to take down statues, who am I to say they should keep them up? These people driving from far away to protest it need to stay home and petition to have statues built in their towns if they want statues so badly.

The irony of a group of people who normally claim to be great American patriots, but also glorify an entity that rebelled and broke away from the United States so they could keep black people as slaves, is amazing to me.

White Nationalism is an evil scourge on America.

Aug 13, 2017, 1:04 PM

This topic is much needed. Thank you all got speaking out against White Nationalism. Continue to fight against this. We will all be better.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic