Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive struggles a result of Dabo micro managing the Co-OC's?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Offensive struggles a result of Dabo micro managing the Co-OC's?

Sep 11, 2018, 11:50 AM

Is the problem too many cooks in the kitchen? Ive always felt Dabo was more hands on with the offense once Morris left(just my opinion). Is the lack of identity on offense a result of neither Co-OC being able to run the offense how he wants? I fully believe the call to go ultra conservative once we have the lead is Dabos. The Co-OCs are getting roasted on here.... but is it truly all their fault?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive struggles a result of Dabo micro managing the Co-OC's?

Sep 11, 2018, 11:59 AM

Well if that's how you feel it must be true!

Im asking questions, not stating facts

Sep 11, 2018, 12:02 PM

Reading comprehension much?

Re: Im asking questions, not stating facts***

Sep 11, 2018, 12:05 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Things-dumpers-love-to-do-1823806?tstart=0

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Im asking questions, not stating facts

Sep 16, 2018, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Im asking questions, not stating facts ]

44-4 since Morris left. Whatever he is doing is working.

Sep 11, 2018, 12:05 PM

I don't think he does. I mean, I don't know for sure, but he seems to put a great deal of faith in other coaches. He pretty much has BV as co-head coach for the D. For the O, I do feel he's more involved, maybe bc he played and coached WR, but I think he lets coach Streeter, Scott, Caldwell, and Elliot do their thing.

Thanks for the mature response

Sep 11, 2018, 12:18 PM

A rarity on Tnet these days.

^^Doesn't like people blaming the OC's^^

Sep 11, 2018, 12:22 PM

So he blames Dabo.

nice

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Blame? I simply asked a question

Sep 11, 2018, 12:30 PM

I never once claimed to be an authority on the situation.

well.. considering we've been to 3 straight CFP's since

Sep 11, 2018, 12:23 PM

Morris left

I see no issues here

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only win when we have more talent.***

Sep 11, 2018, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: We only win when we have more talent.***

Sep 11, 2018, 12:32 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Things-dumpers-love-to-do-24020202

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^NSFTnet^^^

Sep 11, 2018, 12:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 11, 2018, 12:31 PM

81TigerS16 said:

Is the problem too many cooks in the kitchen? Ive always felt Dabo was more hands on with the offense once Morris left(just my opinion). Is the lack of identity on offense a result of neither Co-OC being able to run the offense how he wants? I fully believe the call to go ultra conservative once we have the lead is Dabos. The Co-OCs are getting roasted on here.... but is it truly all their fault?

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Sorry.

Our "problem" is the QB. Kelly Bryant can do some things, quite well. He has some impressive tools, especially physically.

He is not an adept downfield passer. In fact he's not even good enough on the short to intermediate stuff. We had entirely too many 3-and-outs because of mis-execution on basic stuff.

Mind, I'm not dumping on Bryant. I think he's got an NFL winning mentality and he definitely has NFL physical tools. What he isn't is any kind of polished passer, not yet. He's got miles to go, particularly in terms of being able to read a D, and his mechanics are still very rough, meaning the ball doesn't always do quite what he wants it to even when he does make the right read. I think he needs 2-3 years being tutored by some professionals...and then we'll see what his ceiling actually is. (And I think it's very high.) I actually think, given his impressive body of winning games, he'll likely get that chance at the next level.

But make no mistake: he's winning with his toughness and athleticism, not his passing skills.

That limits you, in game situations. Especially in front of 102,000 manic fans, at night, in one of the most challenging places to play in college football.

Yeah, in that situation, especially when you've got a lead, you're going to go "conservative" and let the D win the game for you. The coaches would be crazy to do anything else.

And hey: we got the "W". Even on a night when everything seemed to be turning to gold for them, and on a night when nothing seemed to be going right for us. It was a very close thing...but it worked.

Going forwards, I think the coaches continue to work Trevor Lawrence in. He's flashing mad tools, certainly the kind of arm that will compel safeties to back out of the box and open up Clemson's running and short-passing games again. He just wasn't quite ready to make the jump from a couple thousand fans in Georgia 4A High School ball to 102,000 maniacally screaming Aggie fans in College Station under the bright lights with Gameday's cameras rolling.

Bryant's the one who's been through those kind of games.

Dabo and the staff were just wise enough to realize we're going to need what both guys offer, and it's without question going to take both of them to get through this year. Which is why they're coaching...and why they've won so durn many games over the years.

Winning ain't easy. Especially when you're #2, have won as much as we have...and everybody plays lights-out to beat you.

Going forwards, you will see increasing doses of #16...and of #2 continuing to open it up down the field. And you're going to see a lot more downfield strikes.

Maybe Dabo, maybe Tony, maybe Jeff, maybe Brandon...

Sep 11, 2018, 12:33 PM

But seems like one is driving the calls. No way 3 or more guys are getting together and agreeing to just snap the ball to Kelly and let him run while guys like Tee, ETN, Renfrow, Feaster, Diondre, etc. get no touches all 4th quarter. Especially when it wasn’t working.

Re: The Co-OC's are being roasted by the ignorant and...

Sep 11, 2018, 12:43 PM

foolish. What is happening here is people complaining about the cake before it's even put in the oven to bake.

What Dabo, Brent, Jeff and Tony are doing is baking a cake. When it's done they'll ice it during the last game of the regular season. The post season will be the sprinkles, we might get a bowl of ice cream to go with it too.

What our coaches are doing is exactly what we've done since Chad Morris left. They have been methodically and systematically developing players deserving and fit to wear a National Championship ring. We're just unhappy that we aren't still blowing people up like Chad Morris used to do with his gimmick offense.

Sometimes I wonder if folks would like to return to the days of getting ranked in the top five then getting blown out by fundamentally sound teams like WVa and Bama.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Dabo!!!

Sep 11, 2018, 12:50 PM

We should fire Dabo now. He's accomplished nothing since he got here

Fire Dabo!!!

Sep 11, 2018, 12:51 PM

We should fire Dabo now. He's accomplished nothing since he got here

Re: Fire Dabo!!!

Sep 16, 2018, 10:24 AM

Quoz,

I agree 100% with your post, but do you think part of us going conservative is also due to them wanting to sub people in for experience super early? I haven’t watched super close to track this so could be off.

But even under Watson, it’s like we would play like our hair was on fire, then go to sleep for 2 quarters only to find ourselves in a knife fight in a phone booth late in the 4th quarter. Rainy games like Notre Dame I can see why they go conservative if up big, but seems like it almost is by design. In the big games, almost Every. Dern. Time.

Whether it’s early subs or just wanting to lean on the power of the defense, Clemson for whatever reason loves taking their foot off the gas. Saw the numbers last week that we were the best at 1 possession games or something like that. I believe it, we make good TV and it shortens my life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ONE (1) point more than your opponent, is tha' Dabo way !!!!

Sep 16, 2018, 11:02 AM

Has been & always will be -- he pays no attention to "outsiders opinions" (not even tnetters*) -- he always ask his players & coaches, to "buy into the plan" and "believe in the plan" -- seems to be working quite well since he took over -- I for one,hope we can hold on to this collection of coaches for a long,long time -- recruits form a trust with certain coaches and their beliefs -- just look at the players starting to ""stay an xtra year"" and play for a coach & a program they ""LOVE"" -- GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!

all of them, and Streeter to, collaborate on

Sep 16, 2018, 11:08 AM

the headsets but Elliott has the final say.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic