Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive play calling?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Offensive play calling?

Jan 12, 2016, 12:02 PM

I just have one question! Why when we get behind it looks so easy to push the ball down the field at a fenetic pace on long strikes across the middle but we only do this when we are behind! The rest of the game we are screwin around runnin the ball into a brick wall and throwing short passes! I played at Clemson under Danny ford so I understand the power running game but that is not what our present team is built for! To me a running play up the middle on first down for 2 yards is a waisted play! I would pass first to open up the run! I went to the game and I think if we played every series with the intensity level and mental state that we are behind by 20 we would have thrashed those guys! I'm proud of the way we played but our offense is way better than our play calling! And don't give me this crap about we are taking what the defense is giving us! With the players we have we should be doing the dictating! Receivers running wide open all over the field on first down but we are gonna run it up the middle! Predictable play calling!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

40 points, 550 yards, 31 first downs... i'm sorry, but

Jan 12, 2016, 12:04 PM

wut?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may need to type slower***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

whatever it takes, i'm here to help.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine how hugh our stats would have been with

Jan 12, 2016, 12:36 PM [ in reply to 40 points, 550 yards, 31 first downs... i'm sorry, but ]

effective play calling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

maybe the OP is will muschamp? ol' BOOM...

Jan 12, 2016, 12:43 PM

doesn't know anything about offense either.

Son, we put 40 points and over 500 yards

Of offense against a defense absolutely littered with NFL players on all three levels of defense.

If you want to ##### about something, discuss the countless busted coverages in the secondary and below average special teams play all season.

Personally, I think we have the best offensive coordinators in the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Son, we put 40 points and over 500 yards

Jan 12, 2016, 12:18 PM

Offence or defense wasn't the problem. It was our consistently bad special teams although Teasdale outkicked Bama's punter.

Jan 12, 2016, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Son, we put 40 points and over 500 yards ]

We should of had 60 points. We have to score TDs when we get close. Next year is all about redzone, special teams, and cornerbacks! If we get that going we will win it all!!

Jan 12, 2016, 12:26 PM

All I'm sayin! Thank u Cmoney!

Boo Fuching Hoo. You're upset. Who gives a sh!t.***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Son, we put 40 points and over 500 yards ]

that's not nice...***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:44 PM

Re: Offensive play calling?***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Jan 12, 2016, 12:20 PM

Sorry guys but I am not an armchair quarterback and not intimidated by them! I just want to see perfection! Three and outs because we try to pound it up the middle on first down upsets me!

Jan 12, 2016, 12:29 PM

maybe a generally accepted definition will help you, or not?

Devs advocate here:

Jan 12, 2016, 12:19 PM

"Our offense is way better than the play calling."

Watson obviously carried the day. But consider this: our "go-to" leading receiver was a freshman, 175 lb walk-on. Kudos to Renfro of course, but it sounds like we weren't quite as loaded at wide-out as some said. Obviously missed some pieces with the big early season injury and then the suspension.

Speaking of Offensive play calling.

Jan 12, 2016, 12:30 PM

All night long the announcers were saying Lane Kiffin this, Lane Kiffin that!!!! I don't recall hearing Tony or Jeff's name mentioned at all. I thought that our play calling was very good. I hope we will be able to keep them both for a few more seasons.

Re: Speaking of Offensive play calling.

Jan 12, 2016, 1:15 PM

Many may not but I agree with your assessment and you're spot on. Like it or not Elliott/ Scott still has some maturing.I thought we lost the game in the 3rd quarter. We had them and our playcalling was not good. Then we get behind and the light comes on. Our coordinators need to learn when to put the gas down and not let up. I hate being
redundant but Urban Meyer said spread them out and put the ball in your best player's hand and let him lead us to victory. The middle run and qb design runs were wasted plays. I hope this offense evolves in to something similar to Baylor, wold likw to see thme go vis it a few teams Baylor and Auburn. We have the talent to be dominant but you can't call the game scared. Our future is bright.

Quite simply: we can move it at the end b/c they are

Jan 12, 2016, 12:39 PM

in a bend don't break defense. We get a cushion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quite simply: we can move it at the end b/c they are

Jan 12, 2016, 12:43 PM

agrred! But on first down our receivers usually have more cushion than on third down!

LOL, yea throw it 75 times a game, huh?***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, yea throw it 75 times a game, huh?***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:48 PM

If that's what it takes! Huh!

Jan 12, 2016, 1:20 PM

We should have thrown it more in the 3rd quarter. You can't come out after the half and go 3 and out. We need to learn when to adjust last night we should have rode Watson's arm and feet to victory. Too many missed opportunities.

Jan 12, 2016, 1:54 PM

Thank u sir! I love all of our coaches and am all in but we didn't score enough points to win and we could have! Not sayin we didn't have sore spots in other phases but we left a lot of points on the field! They called a #### good game but to beat bama we needed to be #### near perfect! Make first down as unpredictable as second down instead of pounding the rock into a wall! Thanks tgre! We are all tigers and shouldn't be trashing each other! Save that for the coots!

Our QB knows what he is doing. Do you know how many

Jan 12, 2016, 12:56 PM

long pass plays were called? LOTS. Problem was they had good coverage so for every 5-6 long pass plays "CALLED" DW could only let loose on perhaps one of them. Usually they were checkdowns, safety recivers, or he would tuck and run the ball. We had 550 yards of offense. That's about the same yardage we had against Miami (58-0).

Our offense played well enough to win the game last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive play calling?

Jan 12, 2016, 1:58 PM

You have made 23 posts in 10 years....

that is still too often if you are this stupid.

null

Jan 12, 2016, 2:18 PM

Maybe u should start grading folks by achievements like running down the hill and entertaining people like u with athletic achievement instead of computer savy clemtiger u dork! U insult my intelligence I insult yours! Don't care what u think and u are an idiot! How does that feel! The reason I try to stay off of here is because of idiots like u that try to personally attack with weak insults than address the issue at hand!

Jan 12, 2016, 3:28 PM

TX Tiger at the point in the game designed runs and up the middle wasn't getting anything like u said. To win we had to ride Watson,at the end of the game we went all out Baylor and moved the ball easily. Bama had no answer for our 4 n 5 wide set. Moving forward our OC's need to recognize that if we need to throw it 80 times just do it.Certain times the play calling seemed timid. We have the best qb in the nation ride him to victory. He's much more dangerous when he improvise than when you call a designed run. I thought that was obvious from mid season on.

Jan 12, 2016, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Offensive play calling? ]

lol you should refrain from calling others idiots with your OP.

null

Jan 12, 2016, 5:13 PM

Lol! Don't know what op is but if it gives u permission to call me stupid I don't want any! By the way if u actually knew me u would never do that u snobbish #######! Get a life!

Jan 12, 2016, 3:03 PM

Just me but I didn't have a huge problem with us running the ball but thought the runs called could have been a bit different. Running into the center of that D wasn't getting us anywhere. I don't think abondoning the run would have been the right decision either. Doing so makes it far to easy for the D play back

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 5:17 PM

Play calling was exceptional. I'm sure they were timid at moments, the environment was crazy!!

Jan 12, 2016, 5:26 PM

Just want to see unpredictability on first down and not waste a play! It's the national championship for god sakes! Call plays like u got a pair! Three and out after halftime on short plays was asinine!

Jan 12, 2016, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Offensive play calling? ]

The play calling was very good but at this point all we can do is wait until next season. I can't wait to see much our offensive coordinators have learned from their 1st season. Good obervation out.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic