Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatched the Troy game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,188

Rewatched the Troy game

Mar 22, 2017, 10:06 PM

With our Teams clutch finish this year, it's easy to forget September's string of self-inflicted mistakes, and downright comedically untimely turnovers. Of course this game might have taken the cake as far as

goes, however, that doesn't tell the tale of this game. Troy was a dang good football team. They had great coaching and players that made plays down the field for 4 Quarters till the final whistle. Yes we could have won by 30+, but they also could have quit and didn't

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Rewatched the Troy game

Mar 22, 2017, 10:21 PM

Was comical but never should have been that close. We had the game in control. We came out and took control in the second half but you are right about Troy. Good team with no quit.

Our coaches were still trying to get players experience too. Get the depth chart ironed out etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will add this too

Mar 22, 2017, 10:27 PM

DW4 got way too much criticism for those first two games. Press was expecting unreal results given how Dabo coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Earlier in the year, there were many issues with drops

Mar 23, 2017, 11:03 AM

and route running which lead to stalled drives and INTs. This Troy game had so many dropped passes in so many key situations:

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/09/14/dropped-passes-are-major-problem/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Ray Ray tossing the ball before he crossed goal line on punt return was comical***

Mar 23, 2017, 12:09 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, if that TD counts, Troy's mindset changes to urgent***

Mar 23, 2017, 9:19 AM

Best Is The Standard

if he scores there we may end up winning by 30+

Mar 23, 2017, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Ray Ray tossing the ball before he crossed goal line on punt return was comical*** ]

i know there were more bad plays but if he scores there we go up 17 at the break. huge play. And i think two plays later their RB ran a 70 yarder on a pitch to the right and they score. so a 14 point swing off being boneheaded.

Mar 23, 2017, 10:52 AM

I'm tired of the "almost lost to Troy" narrative by bozos in the media who likely did not watch the game. I haven't rewatched the game, but that is not how I remember the game at all.

I was thinking earlier today that we still have a chance to be really good offensively if we can cut way back on turnovers and other mistakes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

well I don't think there point was to say troy was better it

Mar 23, 2017, 11:11 AM

was just that clemson is inconsistent and lackluster. Which we were this year early on. But i knew just win baby and get to the next and we'd eventually start clicking. And its better to start cold and finish hot and thats what happened. Best game of the year was the Pitt loss..that refocused everyone and luckily everyone else at the top lost that weekend too.

Mar 23, 2017, 10:58 AM

This is the reason teams who don't recruit well do not win National Championships. With the importance on regular season games in college football, teams can't have let down games. Unfortunately this is impossible over a 12 game season and you have to hope that your talent can win against inferior competition. This team had several games that it just showed up an expected to win. The good news is our talent has improved to the point that it can get away with it. Eventually it caught up to them, but boy did they respond after the Pitt game. When one game can make or break a season teams without talent or depth can't survive to show how good they are in the playoff.

null

Good post. Also the psychological pressure of knowing this

Mar 23, 2017, 11:01 AM

is tough on the kids, especially someone like Deshaun Watson who is EXPECTED to take the team on his back and put up huge numbers in the process. Your post cannot be emphasized enough as a major reason so many teams with sky high preseason expectations fall short

Best Is The Standard

Offense was pressing trying to live up to the hype

Mar 23, 2017, 11:05 AM

They had a ton of self imposed pressure trying to prove they were 1 of the best offensive units to ever take the field. Pitt loss relieved that pressure and got them to settle down and relax.... And more importantly, HAVE FUN. The rest is history....

We got beat in the trenches that day

Mar 23, 2017, 12:20 PM

Troy was more physical at the point of attack all game. They played a great game and had good players. We were desperately trying to find our identity at that point.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,188
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic