Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense moves the ball, fails to score touchdowns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Nov 14, 2010, 2:54 PM

The Clemson offense managed almost 400 yards of offense Saturday night, but an opening-drive touchdown was the last time they would see the end zone. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PLEASE nail down Dabo & Napier on what % of plays each calls

Nov 14, 2010, 3:28 PM

I want to know who is responsible for Clemson's play-calling. All indications are that Dabo is significantly meddling in the play-calling and so Napier may not be to blame. I want to know who deserves the blame for Clemson's pathetic play-calling. I wish the Clemson beat reporters would grow a pair and nail these guys down on this question.

Re: PLEASE nail down Dabo & Napier on what % of plays each calls

Nov 14, 2010, 5:29 PM

A curious question indeed. Overall I felt the play calling was good. Probably the best since the Auburn game. We were balanced and moved the ball well. We just didn't score points. And that is a combination of conservative play calling inside the FSU 30, missing #23 and missing field goals.

You have to take points where you have the chance and we missed two field goals today and in the BC game. Both games we lost by 3. The last year Clemson had a good kicker was 2005 with Jad Dean. We haven't had a solid kicking game since. We have three scholarship kickers and none can consistently make field goals. Unacceptable in my opinion. They don't need to know plays, routes, protection schemes, audibles, etc. All they have to do is kick.

what were some of the "bad" play calls? We had over 400

Nov 14, 2010, 6:42 PM [ in reply to PLEASE nail down Dabo & Napier on what % of plays each calls ]

yrds of offense?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ANYTHING CALLED IN RED ZONE! You can't score ONE TD

Nov 14, 2010, 6:53 PM

off of a 400yrd day without BAD playcalling! PERIOD!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you HONESTLY think we will EVER know? You think Dabo

Nov 14, 2010, 7:04 PM [ in reply to PLEASE nail down Dabo & Napier on what % of plays each calls ]

or Napier are going to cop to it? Napier woul have to be dumber than he appears(no small task) to say"Dabo called the fade"? And Dabo is not going to say booh bout Billy either...

Show us the proof and facts that Dabo is meddling

Nov 14, 2010, 8:01 PM [ in reply to PLEASE nail down Dabo & Napier on what % of plays each calls ]

Step up and inform us all about the "indications" of Dabo meddling with play calling.

Please let us know about your source who is a guy who knows a guy who talked to a lady who cleans the home of a professor who worked with Barker and who whispered once a factoid about TDP when Dabo was near the door of the office...

Good Lord people.

There have been several incidents and articles on this.

Nov 15, 2010, 3:01 AM

I don't have time to compile it all for you. If you follow Clemson football news, you'd know this. Dabo has admitted it to some extent, but he's vague about it. When Napier is asked if he's doing all the play-calling, he refuses to answer (with a disgusted look on his face) as if to say that he's not. I just want the beat reporters to nail these guys down on it. Ideally I'd like to see the reporters ask each of them the question on camera so that we could see their body language as they answer.

I do follow and there is a lot of conjecture

Nov 15, 2010, 11:25 AM

So we are all opinion vs opinion.

I applaud your effort to get a beat writer to ask the question and find out.

I would like Dabo and Napier to tell us what they saw in the last 2 minutes of the game, with us inside the 10/15, that made them want to throw the ball instead of running Harper to the left and letting the clock wind down.

I could care less about the fade.

I simply believe that this staff is the best we have had in years in terms of potential... I am not one for firing now. I think that would hurt us way worse than help us.

But simply because it is on the Internet does not make it so. And Napier looked pissed to me when he was asked if the fade was his call or Dabo's.

He answered more pissed at the question than pissed because either his call was wrong or Dabo's was. But the guy fell down. So it is a moot point.

If we like 95% of the calls during that game, then why aren't we questioning who makes the call for that run or pass when they work?

ironically that was probably our best offensive game in a

Nov 14, 2010, 6:40 PM

while. but missed FG's and lack of execution in the red zone killed us. i really didn't have a problem with the play calling

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you have a problem with only scoring 10 points?***

Nov 14, 2010, 6:48 PM

Re: Did you have a problem with only scoring 10 points?***

Nov 14, 2010, 7:21 PM

A huge problem! Razz is right, play calling cost us this game. I am so sick of hearing balance, balance, balance. Balance cost us this game. Our O-Line was dominating this game yet our coaches kept abandoning the run. Harper had 27 carries and was awesome, but should have had more. The interception in the endzone had little to do with the receiver falling down and everything to do with a horrific short throw. Why not pound it in on the ground? Lattimore had 40 touches for USC and over 200 yards. We had the defense worn down and could have put this game away on the ground.
To read some of the comments about 400plus yards and good balance is dumbfounding to me. That makes the loss okay? Bottom line, our coaches don't seem to be concerned with what works. It's as if they have a predetermined playbook and they'll stick with it come hell or high water.
Our coaches, excluding Steele, can find more ways to lose than any coaches I've ever seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2010, 7:47 PM

'Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said he would call the same play “20 times out of 20 times” after the game.'

THIS IS WHY HE NEEDS TO BE GONE!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2010, 9:09 AM

It was one on one coverage and we had to momentum. I agree the throw could have been to the outside shoulder a little more. But nobody is complaining about the exact same pattern Hopkins ran earlier in the game where he jumped and snagged the ball over the defender with a great catch. The kid fell down and didn't have an opportunity to fight for the ball. 20 out of 20 times you take advantage of an opportunity. If that ball is to the outside and corner of the end zone we aren't even having this discussion. All of you guys that are saying we should have run the ball more, I totally agree. Get our money's worth out of Harper. Run his @$$ 40 times if you have to. He owes it to the university after the disappoinment he's been.

"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub that rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off it."

Re: Who can be satisfied with 400+ total yards, score only

Nov 15, 2010, 5:30 PM

13 points, and LOSE a very winnable game? No disrespect, but that's got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read. I do not like how Dabo is handling himself after these loses. He sounds desperate without a clue. We've had 12 years of this. He may be likable, but this is big boy football. Even Les Miles is winning with suspect coaching knowledge! Do you think LSU would keep him if he had the same record as us? We'll see how the administration handles this fiasco after the season.

At 3:12 in the video. Was the fade your call or Swinney's?

Nov 15, 2010, 10:42 PM

It's interesting that a reporter asks Napier at 3:12 whether he or Swinney called the fade where Parker was intercepted, and Napier gives a non-answer by saying it was "our" call. Read between the lines.

Re: Offense moves the ball, fails to score touchdowns

Nov 18, 2010, 3:52 PM

Does anyone watch other "big time" teams play on saturday...heck just look at the coots they have two receivers who continue to make their quarterback look good CONSISTENTLY...the same guys -either one of them calling the plays for the tigers right now are the same guys coaching our receivers....our current recievers are not-- have not--- and I question seriously if they ever will be able to make consistent athletic plays...Nuke has done admirable, but he runs like his feet hurt and what is sad is that this the best we have right now...I thought it was a stupid fade call when USC ran it against Kentucky-especially when it was to a freshman..low and behold we go and do the same thing when we were up and about to step on FSU's throats...tough to watch and worry about til next season.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic