Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,990

Offense

Aug 21, 2014, 11:00 AM

How confident is everyone with our offense? Think we'll still be an explosive unit?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take...

Aug 21, 2014, 11:02 AM

We won't be as explosive on single plays this season, BUT I do think we'll be a more efficient offense, and I think that should actually be scarier to defenses. I think we'll involve more receivers, TEs, and RBs than in years past, and I think Mike Williams is about to go full on beast mode this season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I dont think we will be explosive......at least like last

Aug 21, 2014, 11:03 AM

year....

But I think we will choke people out. I think we will be able to grind out drives. We will run more. We will dinkn and dunk more. We will throw the occasional haymaker....but I think we are really going to wear teams down. I expect to see some dawgs cramping up in the 3rd quarter.

Re: I dont think we will be explosive......at least like last

Aug 21, 2014, 11:56 AM

None of us here are experts but my non expert opinion disagrees. What about this team makes you think that we can grind out drives. Is it our dominant rb or dominant ol? I don't accept that we have to change our style of play. This staff has recruited offensive players specifically for the Morris high octane offensive system, not for an Alabama grind it out system. I think chad Kelly was out Steven Garcia. We recruited a jerk and he gets kicked off before we can capitalize on his talent. At least obs got some quality wins with Garcia. If Kelly were here we would be talking about a stud that can run and pass and keep defenses wore out. I'm ready for kickoff but I'm just hoping that his Morris system is all I hope it will be. I say if cole can't deliver give DW a chance. I was at the 1992 fsu game at Death Valley and saw a true freshman named Charlie ward kill us. I'm a believer that DW is going to lead us to greatness. Finally have a great defense too. Reminds me of the late 80's early 90's teams. I'm ready for DW

Re: Offense

Aug 21, 2014, 11:10 AM

I've probably stated this more than once, but in case you missed it:

We will be FASTER in our execution (let's hope the coaches can get the plays in faster to keep up with Cole).

We will protect the ball better with fewer TO's.

We will have fewer big strikes, but way gains overall.

We will score MORE POINTS than any other season.

You following all of this? Get your favorite snacks ready and prepare for a great season.

:)

Aug 21, 2014, 11:11 AM

I don't think we'll have as explosive of an offensive we've seen in recent years with Sammy and Tajh making the big plays deep. Rather, I can see the offense mixing styles much like what we saw with Spiller and James Davis taking the quick slant while still using our TE's for solid 15 yd plays AND...throwing the deep ball and getting the defense very confused.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:21 AM

- tajh had the longest run from scrimmage last year - 48 yards in the ob, sorry, but that's no bueno.
next 3 longest rfs were
- hot rod - 45
- chad kelly - 38
- zac brooks - 27

- sammy had the longest play in the passing game vs cuse, 96 yards[can cole make that play?].
next 3 longest plays in the pass game
- tay - 76
- howard - 75
- humphries - 60

there are a lot of unanswered "explosive" questions.

can the offense score more? i think so, but it mostly relies on the defense to provide opportunities to the O. i'd think top would have to improve for more points to happen unless hopper, scott or cj[other] provide answers to explosive plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2014, 11:28 AM

All good takes. I would love to see a playmaker emerge where Cole will have the confidence to dump a swing pass off for a nice 8-12 yard game. I think we have that guy, I just dont know whi it is yet. Can't wait!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,990
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic