Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Of the 4 Teams in Natty play-off, only Clemson & Wash are not considered..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,972

Of the 4 Teams in Natty play-off, only Clemson & Wash are not considered..

Dec 8, 2016, 10:16 AM

As Blue Bloods of college football, but the truth is that the TiGERS are slowly getting there since they have beaten the Buckeyes twice & given Bama all they could handle in Natty.

We're Coming..Watch Out! ????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some consider Clemson as one of the elites

Dec 8, 2016, 12:40 PM

“We need to stay competitive with the elite teams in the country — the Alabamas, the Ohio States, the Clemsons of the world — in terms of our facilities and our resources and support staff and recruiting staff and all that,” Herman told Patrick.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/12/1/13812126/tom-herman-texas-longhorns-support-recruiting-staff-alabama

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Maybe we're Oregon of a few years ago, or FSU in early 90s

Dec 8, 2016, 3:33 PM

And Oregon of a few years ago was just absolutely lethal. I'm surprised they didn't win the title after they torched FSU and Winston.

Oregon was between very good and excellent for several years, and twice played for a title. They just missed, but I'd have killed to be in Oregon's shoes (or in their little webbed feet) about 6-8 years ago. Now, we're where they were at their very best. If we can win our next two games, then we're better.

I'd also say we're also about where FSU was about 1992 before they got their first national title in '93. We've put together six straight 10+ win years...that ain't bad. 1992 was FSU's sixth straight year with 10+ wins, although their streak was probably more impressive given that we get 12 games in the regular season plus an ACC title game, and FSU didn't get those extra games (or need 'em).

Difference is, FSU became elite (those "elite" Noles got waxed by our Tigers in '89 though!), and Oregon plummeted this year. Oregon might bounce back in a year or two -- they're not dead. Still, I don't know if we'll go the route of FSU or Oregon in the long term. Based on the talent level and the coaching we have right now, it seems like it'll be more toward the FSU end of things. We're certainly elite over the last two years, and very few teams have been as consistently good as Clemson since 2011.

If you'd told me in 2010 after losing to USF in front of dozens of fans in Charlotte what Clemson was about to do, I'd have laughed. I remember laughing during the CU-Auburn broadcast in 2011, when the color commentator said that "Clemson fans are going to wake up one day and realize that they have a very good offense." The color commentator, one Urban Meyer, probably wishes today he weren't quite so right about that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thX "Mojo" for a very enjoyable read & astute comparison

Dec 8, 2016, 5:09 PM

And there being about a few dozen Clemson Fabs at that pathetic bowl game in Charlotte where my CU Grad Son left me starting 3rd quarter to drive back to his Law Office near Davidson since he was losing a small fortune in fees!

But, I looked at DaBO on the sideline & sensed he was so pizzed & that things were going to change..but I never imagined this much..

A Natty Game & another chance to play in another!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,972
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic