Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Occam's Razor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 697

Occam's Razor

Sep 24, 2012, 8:48 AM

Which one is easier to believe, we have had two bad Defensive Coordinators or we have a lack of talent on D? Honestly asking...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Good use of the term. Here is another question, now

Sep 24, 2012, 8:51 AM

that it is identified how can we use the talent we have and use it to our advantage? How can we turn a weakness into a strength?

What would you or anyone out there do with the talent we have to create chances for our team to win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're just going to have to play a containment and no more

Sep 24, 2012, 8:53 AM

man to man. Because we don't have the guns to play man. I think BV will take note and we'll have just pull a VicKoenning and play soft zone. It'll kill our time of possesion but we have no choice because man coverage is just too lofty.

Re: we're just going to have to play a containment and no more

Sep 24, 2012, 9:01 AM

What I would do is pick the low hanging fruit that is easy to fix and what gives you the biggest bang for the buck in a short time. I would try to fix the fundamentals like tackling/missed tackles, and then tinker with the 11 on the field some to see what works. Then pick the scheme that works best for them within your own defensive strategy. You have to start thinking it's the talent..but they have to improve some after playing one would expect(which should be about now). You have to coach up what you got, but there has to be something that can be done to make the defense at least average. That's all we need...an average defense with this offense. I think missed tackles is huge.

Good response!

Sep 24, 2012, 9:02 AM

Good points!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other thing to do is...

Sep 24, 2012, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: we're just going to have to play a containment and no more ]

pick one thing per week or two that you are going to improve on. That's assuming you have done the analysis to figure out what is going to give you the most benefit in the least amount of time after an honest assessment of your talent and coaching abilities. Then I would stress that one thing for a few games, then add the next thing, and so on down the list.

Maybe they are trying to fix too much at one time. If the kids can't handle multiple things at a time pick one thing to teach them until they get it. Then introduce the next thing.

By the end of the season maybe we beat the chickens and don't let too many games slip away.

lackluster coaches evaluated lackluster talent

Sep 24, 2012, 8:58 AM

lackluster coaching can be overcome, but it takes time to recruit better talent.

I saw several times Saturday where the LB or corner were in the right positions to make the play but were unable to either by getting blocked or making the wrong angle or arm tackling.

Replies: 6
| visibility 697
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic