Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN analyst releases his CFB Top 25 rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN analyst releases his CFB Top 25 rankings

Apr 1, 2016, 11:57 AM

ESPN analyst releases his CFB Top 25 rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami #13?

Apr 1, 2016, 12:01 PM

Schad smokin that good ####

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami #13?

Apr 1, 2016, 12:03 PM

Yeah, I don't understand that for a second. I also don't understand FSU at #2 until they have a proven QB.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texas ahead of Baylor and TCU? LOL***

Apr 1, 2016, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Miami #13? ]

I think TCU is losing a lot this year and could drop off

Apr 1, 2016, 1:36 PM

substantially, but Briles has Baylor at a point where he can just plug in guys and win 10-11 games a year.

Yeah nevermind about TCU

Apr 4, 2016, 2:03 PM

I just looked at their starting OL from last year, 4 seniors.

Does FSU even know who their QB is going to be?***

Apr 1, 2016, 12:04 PM

I wish they would settle in on McGuire. My fear is that

Apr 1, 2016, 12:11 PM

one of their young guys who are very mobile, plays out of this world and wins the job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't need a great QB just to hand the ball to Cook

Apr 1, 2016, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Does FSU even know who their QB is going to be?*** ]

Dalvin Cook will be the FSU offense in 2016 and not some yet unnamed QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You don't need a great QB just to hand the ball to Cook

Apr 1, 2016, 2:37 PM

You still need a competent QB when there are 8 guys in the box stuffing the run.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Bama even know who their QB is going to be?******

Apr 1, 2016, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Does FSU even know who their QB is going to be?*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst releases his CFB Top 25 rankings

Apr 1, 2016, 12:09 PM

I didnt realize he was even still w ESPN. Seems he has been majorly demoted versus his stature of years ago. I never thought he was very good. Maybe its April fool as he never was very good

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a joke

Apr 1, 2016, 12:13 PM

First FSU is a top 10 team but has way to many questions esp at QB to be ahead of us at 2. SEC completely way overrated throughout again. I don't have a problem w Bamas spot but LSU at 4?? Tennessee at 9?? UGA at 11??!!!! Florida at 15????? Texas AM ranked at all??? Ole Miss should be higher in rankings. As much as I hate them UNC should be much higher and will be good. Louisville should be in top 25 and Miami shouldn't even be ranked. Neither should Texas.

UNC should be much higher ?

Apr 1, 2016, 12:15 PM

On what basis?

They have some key losses that will be difficult to overcome including QB Marquise Williams, WR Quinshad Davis, and several others on defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Honestly, there's no reason Tenn shouldn't be a top 10 or 15

Apr 1, 2016, 1:46 PM [ in reply to What a joke ]

team this year aside from the fact that Butch Jones seems to be an idiot. With their returning talent, I really think this is Tenn's year to win the division with Richt out at UGA and the way Florida finished the year last year + their QB situation. If they don't win 10 games they should just go ahead and get rid of Butch Jones.

Funny

Apr 1, 2016, 12:17 PM

how everyone gets so wound up over these rankings.

Is Oklahoma returning all 22 of their starters?

Apr 1, 2016, 12:20 PM

Are they getting the benefit of their tradition?

They are consistently ranked very high in all of the preseason polls!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Is Oklahoma returning all 22 of their starters?

Apr 1, 2016, 12:25 PM

They are consistent

Consistently curb stomped by our tigers

check his top 25 last year and tell me

Apr 1, 2016, 12:30 PM

if you would take him seriously or laugh at him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not really a fan of Schad, but i think if internet

Apr 1, 2016, 1:39 PM

posters did pre-season top 25s every year we would probably look back and laugh at almost all of them too.

So Clemson and LSU would not play in their conference

Apr 1, 2016, 12:32 PM

champions (because AL and FSU would be the division champ and assumed conf champ) but yet still make playoff? interesting

Re: So Clemson and LSU would not play in their conference

Apr 1, 2016, 1:24 PM

Can you say that Schad is an idiot (typical for any ESPN reporter not named Herbstreet and even he has mental lapses at times)? It would be next to impossible for a 1-loss ACC team that does not win the championship to get into the playoff. Not today at least. I guess the ACC can show its stuff if Miami, UNC, Florida State, and Clemson lose ONLY to each other and no one else, and then I guess it is possible, but that is not going to happen. LSU certainly could get in if their only loss is to Bama. But, let's not worry about that. Clemson can, and should, go undefeated again this year. You can read it in what Dabo is saying (or better yet, what he is not saying) this spring. You can read it in what the players are saying and doing (such as Deon and Christian). Quiet confidence. Nobody thought last year was the year. Everybody knows (and has known for several years) that THIS is the year. And, with Mike coming back, it is only better. Yes, I wish we had not lost some of the defense, but I am not worried. And, with the offense we have this year, we might not need a punter. I don't see many 3-and-outs. As long as Dabo fixes kickoff coverage and gets better in the return game, Clemson will be #1 or #2 going into the playoff.

Re: So Clemson and LSU would not play in their conference

Apr 1, 2016, 1:26 PM [ in reply to So Clemson and LSU would not play in their conference ]

And, to be fair to Schad (I really don't want to be), the article does seem to imply that it is based on returning starter numbers and 5-year recruiting records. But, if that made a championship team, then where would we have been last year with all the non-returning starters on defense? #20?

Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst releases his CFB Top 25 rankings

Apr 1, 2016, 2:04 PM

It wouldn't matter if we had returned our complete 2015 team, esecpn would dare place Clemson as the #1 team headed into the 2016 season. For us Tiger nation worry or sweat anything that esecpn says, it makes as much sense as anything they come up with or say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How in the world is FSU ahead of us? They got killed

Apr 1, 2016, 3:26 PM

in their bowl game and not to mention we beat them as well!

Obviously uninformed, doesnt have chickens in top 10!!!

Apr 1, 2016, 8:40 PM

ct

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic