Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson baseball struggling, but Leggett not ready to push the panic button
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson baseball struggling, but Leggett not ready to push the panic button

Mar 16, 2015, 7:01 AM

Clemson baseball struggling, but Leggett not ready to push the panic button

Clemson’s baseball season will hit the one-third point this week, so it’s still too early to panic. But with an overall record of 9-9 and a 2-4 start in ACC play, the Tigers need a spark to get the season going in the right direction. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The baseball program is the epitome of insanity these days

Mar 16, 2015, 7:46 AM

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results

Besides. The panic button has been broken for years now.***

Mar 16, 2015, 8:08 AM

Re: Besides. The panic button has been broken for years now.***

Mar 16, 2015, 8:22 AM

My thoughts exactly. What is pushing the button going to do because if we aren't showing a sense of urgency yet it isn't going to happen.

null

Re: Besides. The panic button has been broken for years now.***

Mar 16, 2015, 3:39 PM

We should have started the season off looking for that urgency button we couldn't ever find all of last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!

Mar 16, 2015, 6:18 PM [ in reply to The baseball program is the epitome of insanity these days ]

Time for a change.

I don't think Leggett will ever accept that the game has passed him by nor do I think he'll resign.

This reminds me of many old coaches who refuse to give up coaching even if the results are evident.

Re: Exactly!

Mar 17, 2015, 1:47 PM

I don't think we have a chance of him willingly resigning. If he goes without being fired, you can bet he went bc he was facing an ultimatum!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D-Rad will grant an extension w/ HUGE lopsided buyout! :-)***

Mar 27, 2015, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Exactly! ]

Next stop on the Leggett Farewell Tour - Conway, SC***

Mar 16, 2015, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

is there a way to watch it on PC?***

Mar 16, 2015, 12:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe ESPN3.

Mar 16, 2015, 12:51 PM

Nevertheless, here is how it will play out -

Clemson gets one run in the first inning.
Clemson commits four errors (two at one infield position).
Clemson blunders on the base paths at least two times.
Clemson batters hit into three DPs killing momentum.
Clemson relief pitchers give up a HR each, typically on the first or second pitch they throw.
Clemson threatens in the ninth by loading the bases with no outs with the following sequence:
- next batter watches strike three
- nest batter strikes out swinging
- next batter knocks a long fly out to center

CCU wins 9-1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Link

Mar 16, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to is there a way to watch it on PC?*** ]

http://www.bigsouthsports.com/live/10740

Re: New Story: Clemson baseball struggling, but Leggett not ready to push the panic button

Mar 16, 2015, 9:16 AM

I'm sure was one great coach in his day. Unfortunately, it is time for him to hang up the spikes! The buck stops with the coach and the Clemson Administration. Our baseball program is a mess and anyone who can't see that needs to get a serious vision exam. Our record is not good and yet we have a 3rd baseman with 9 errors--and he's playing the field! wow! That says it all.

Don't forget a lead-off batter whose average is below the

Mar 16, 2015, 9:22 AM

Mendoza Line. Yeah, he walks a lot and plays good in the outfield, but a .161 average ...

or the #9 hitter who has one of our top 3 batting averages***

Mar 16, 2015, 9:39 AM

Stop making excuses and own it

Mar 16, 2015, 9:20 AM

It's a broken record after every loss: "We just ran into a buzz saw" or "they just make a few more plays." And then setting the stage for future failure "they beat up on NC the other day, so...". He's correct in noting that "we've been down this road before". And when you travel familiar roads you end up in familiar places.

It's been real...

Mar 16, 2015, 9:23 AM

And it's been fun, but it ain't been real fun! Time to go. Got to make the change. Look at the young assistance from Clemson that we let get away at Vandy and FL. Those young guns are getting it done. Hungry. Out to prove something. Establish themselves. Can relate and recruit. Rad? Are you there? Pull the trigger... make the move. CU deserves better.

Re: It's been real...

Mar 16, 2015, 3:46 PM

Ain't D Rad the one that hired Paul Johnson at GT. Now what is it that you expect him to do. The only thing he is very good at, is spending money by getting 3 or 4 things being built at the same time. And choking money from those projects to start another one.

Deer Jack***

Mar 16, 2015, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: New Story: Clemson baseball struggling, but Leggett not ready to push the panic button

Mar 16, 2015, 9:53 AM

Jack, may not be ready, but myself and a lot of people I have been contact with are ready for him to leave in a hurry.

Mar 16, 2015, 1:42 PM

> Jack, may not be ready, but myself and a lot of
> people I have been contact with are ready for him to
> leave in a hurry.

Can I help him pack??......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 9:57 AM

It is time for a coaching change, push the PANIC BUTTON NOW!

This is embarrassing, as much as basketball when we can't make a tournament field of 68 year after year.

Mar 16, 2015, 4:24 PM

> It is time for a coaching change, push the PANIC
> BUTTON NOW!
>
> This is embarrassing, as much as basketball when we
> can't make a tournament field of 68 year after year.

actually basketball isn't in a whole lot of trouble just yet because we were consistently in the tournament before Brownell and made it again in Brownell 1st year..

my predictions for the rest of the season:

Mar 16, 2015, 10:11 AM

- After losing 3 of the next 4, we will win the series against Wake and BC, and get everyone's hope up.

- the wheels then come off against good teams and Leggett blames the fans.

- Leggett utters "parity" at least once.

- we make the NCAA field as a regional 3 seed and quickly exit.

- DRad cowers and Leggett stays.

Re: my predictions for the rest of the season:

Mar 16, 2015, 10:22 AM

I doubt we make the field this year. We barley did last year, and we are worse.

At this point

Mar 16, 2015, 1:11 PM

we have to wonder if we are even going to make our conference tournament.

Someone needs.to push the panic button. Nothing but the same excuses for the last few years. Poor recruiting, poor execution and poor coaching. 2 assistant coaches have left and gone elsewhere and are doing outstanding jobs as coaches. What gives?

Given the weak pitching and anemic hitting, just don't see a 25-13 record the rest of the way to finish like last season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jack: "We've been here before....blah blah blah"

Mar 16, 2015, 11:23 AM

That's the problem, we've been here too many times the last 5+ seasons. We have not seen any improvement.

The records speak volumes.

"We only made two mistakes in the field....in baseball two is a lot if you're not scoring runs.

Pretty disgusting play from the team, also only two series

Mar 16, 2015, 12:11 PM

wins, Maine and USuC.

Re: Pretty disgusting play from the team, also only two series

Mar 16, 2015, 12:16 PM

You still are fooling no one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Obviously got your dumbazz fooled, you think that just

Mar 16, 2015, 2:15 PM

because someone is critical of Clemson athletics and expects better then they are some how a "coot".

Freaking brain dead morons like you make me puke.

I been telling ya'll for years, Jack's an idiot***

Mar 16, 2015, 12:20 PM

Re: I been telling ya'll for years, Jack's an idiot***

Mar 16, 2015, 1:47 PM

we are struggling for sure and something needs to change but to call a guy that has won 1300 games an idiot makes me think who really is the idiot in this case.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 8:01 PM

I agree. Jack has built a great program here at Clemson, and for anyone that is a graduate of Clemson that refers to him in that way is a complete ignorant ###! Unfortunately when you have a program that averages 5,000 fans a game many of these fans are locals (who never graduated from Clemson) and I am sure the team appreciates the fan support but I am sure they would would settle for 4,000 fans that are not fair weather fans that complain about every loss. Title 9 put college baseball on a level playing field and almost any division I team can beat any other on any given night. If Jack leaves it will take years for this program to recover. Jack is the reason the program has reached the heights that it has. This program has some real good young players and it will be back at the top soon but many of the lame ### fans need to support the players and become part of the solution rather than the problem!

Mar 16, 2015, 8:24 PM

JACK DID NOT BUILD OUR PROGRAM!! he took a great program and has destroyed it!! look where we were and where we are now!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 8:49 PM

Become part of the solution...don't contribute to the problem! We need loyal fans...not Dallas Cowboy like fans that only come out in good times! This program went to college world series in 2010...5 years ago. It will get back to that level real soon....very good young talent with another good class coming in next year. The Feshman pitchers are all very good...they have had to grow up real fast this season since there are so many injuries to the pitching staff. The boys need fans that have their backs...not ones that throw them under the bus when things are not going well!

Nobody's throwing the players under the bus

Mar 17, 2015, 2:17 PM

At least not that I've seen.

ClemBaseballfan88 = Maroon

Mar 16, 2015, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I been telling ya'll for years, Jack's an idiot*** ]

Admirable to defend the baseball team, but idiotic to imply Clemson would be better off without the "locals" that didn't graduate from Clemson. If you believe 4/5s of the crowds at Clemson sporting events are made up of students and alumni you're not too bright. If you want that type of program go root for Wake Forrest. Without the "locals" Death Valley wouldn't be half full and IPTAY would be significantly lighter in the pockets. I know one donor (retired CEO of BI-LO) who has donated more than likely you will ever earn and he never attended Clemson. Living here he became a huge fan (who could blame him?). The regular Joe Fan giving $150 a year, buying tickets, and supporting the Tigers by the tens of thousands is a huge part of what makes Clemson sports what they are. This isn't a church softball league, and fans want to win! While I do not condone the public bashing of our teams and coaches I do understand the frustration as it comes with the territory of a big time program. With your idiotic thought process I guess Bama and Ohio State need to tell the millions of TV fans that buy their gear and skyrocket the demand for their teams to be on National TV to take a hike? Heck, we only want the people YOU find worthy to come to a game huh? Who asked you? Want to run your theory by some people who matter? Thank you to ALL the fans that make Clemson great! Thank you for giving to IPTAY, buying tickets, coming to fan days, making road trips, the TV ratings, raising your kids to be Tigers, and ignoring idiots like this.

"Maroon" or moron...who is the idiot?

Mar 17, 2015, 1:02 PM

"Maroon"....you are calling me an idiot? Maroon is a color if you did not already know that!

The majority of the "local" Clemson fans that did not attend Clemson are great and do support the baseball team. Who I am referring to are the minority of the local fan base that are "fair weather" fans that create a more hostile environment when things are not going as planned. I have attended games in the past when one of our players has made an error or walked a batter, and some of the comments that come out of our "FANS" mouths are really quite embarrassing to say the least. These are the "FANS" that the program does not need....it is hard enough to hit a baseball at 95 MPH....we don't need our own fans making in more difficult for our players.

Clemson fans are some of the best in the world and that is very clear when it comes to Saturday football games. That is what I have loved about Clemson...the passion we have for all of our sports and the strong academic environment. It is hard to find that combination in a University for sure...look at GA Tech for instance! We just need the passion and energy to be channeled in a more "positive" way. If for some reason the "WRONG" decision was made by our administration and Jack left the program, not too many coaches would be standing in line to leave other top notch baseball schools to come coach in an environment where positive fan support is questionable. Jack Leggett is very well respected by his current and former players, his coaching peers, and most others in the college and professional baseball ranks,so convincing other strong candidates to take a job that the administration views Jack (a hall fame coach) cannot live up to would be very challenging.

Go Tigers! I hope you boys get the season back on track this week! Finish strong!

Mar 16, 2015, 12:51 PM

9-9? That's atrocious and simply unacceptable given the pedigree of this program. Something should have been changed years ago. Now this is the result. A mediocre baseball team.

Hey Jack... do us and everybody else in tiger nation a favor...

Mar 16, 2015, 1:38 PM

RESIGN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 1:54 PM

7th in our division? Are you friggin' kidding me!!!! We are beyond the Panick Button!!!! Fire his A$$!!!!

What coach other than Kevin Steele has ever acted

Mar 16, 2015, 3:31 PM

Like it was time to push the panic button?

You mean to tell me the hiring of the sports pscychologist,

Mar 16, 2015, 4:11 PM

visiting other successful coaches, the four player council, and improvement of Leggett's image isn't working? Shocking!

Re: You mean to tell me the hiring of the sports pscychologist,

Mar 16, 2015, 5:29 PM

Yeah, that was hilarious. I knew Leggett was done.

Why WOULD he panic? He knows he gets a pass***

Mar 16, 2015, 6:07 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why WOULD he panic? He knows he gets a pass***

Mar 17, 2015, 1:51 PM

Jack better hit the panic button before someone hits the F I R E button....

Mar 16, 2015, 8:07 PM

OK, don't push the panic button. BUT, he's paid a heck of a lot of money to figure out which buttons to push. Time to push some buttons, Jack!

Mar 16, 2015, 9:01 PM

Legget said,and I quote,"He won't let his team it the panic button"
Hey Jack,I got some news for you.If you,or somebody don't hit the panic button soon,
it may not be your team.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic