Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall

Jul 18, 2020, 1:20 PM

Nobody following the guidelines. Did a count this morning at Public’s and Lowe’s. 16 with masks 39 without. Come on people- let’s do our part!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall

Jul 18, 2020, 1:29 PM

Mask will have nothing to do with playing or not playing .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 1:35 PM

So, what do you think will have an impact? I guess more hospitalizations and deaths will not be factored in?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 1:39 PM

True and accurate case numbers being put in the news everyday . Nowhere near the cases that people think .

Jul 18, 2020, 1:52 PM

Are you saying the hospitalizations and deaths aren’t real?

Jul 18, 2020, 2:07 PM

The deaths counted as Covid aren’t all from Covid. The impact is being exaggerated for some reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 18, 2020, 3:43 PM

Tiger_swimmer,I attempted to give you a TU but it
didn't count. It's evident that you have me on your
anti Irmotig list. I don't recall posting anything
that would make you mad but if I did, please accept
my apology.

Jul 18, 2020, 5:52 PM

I do not have you on ignore. So you know what that means. My apologies as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Probably more deaths due to covid than deaths attributed to covid

Jul 18, 2020, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

At least that's what this article from JAMA suggests.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

95k deaths attributed to covid for March through end of May, but we experienced 122k deaths above expected during that time compared to a normal year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying non-respiratory masks will stop the spread?***

Jul 18, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

Jul 18, 2020, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

True and accurate case numbers being put in the news everyday . Nowhere near the cases that people think .

You, sir, are correct. Even, Redfield (the Trumper stooge currently heading the CDC) and Fauci say that the number of C-19 cases is probably 10 times the reported count.

Per USA Today, today, there is a 30% chance that each person between 18 and 25 (ages) will have a significantly serious case of C-19. Many of these young adults will have life-altering, long-term effects -- perhaps lung issues for life.

Anyone that does not protect themselves to the max is foolish. (And, probably a Trumper -- that goes without saying, I think.)

Jul 18, 2020, 4:49 PM

You sir, are spreading lies and falsehoods as if nobody has the ability to research them. Please do the rest of the community a favor and hold your breath until the “pandemic” is over.

Jul 18, 2020, 6:03 PM

Plus, his two statements taken together implies the actual risk of a “significant serious case,” whatever that means, is only 3%. Even that seems high because the 30% is probably exaggerated fear-mongering from USA Today/Gannett.

Jul 18, 2020, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

The fact that you imply a person who does not believe everything the media is spewing has anything to do who they want as president is very ignorant. Don’t care who is president or will be president in November I still would not be Gullible, give it a try.

Jul 18, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

Uhhh .. what about face masks ?????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 18, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

I agree except that the ones who have bought into the mask/shelter-in-place-until-vaccine hype are the same ones forcing the hand of the powers that be.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

No***

Jul 18, 2020, 1:41 PM

Jul 18, 2020, 1:45 PM

Did you turn them into the politically correct police?

Jul 18, 2020, 1:58 PM

Check with Publix on that. The Publix in harbison and Irmo
require masks to enter store. I know that Home Depot will
require it by Tuesday. I don't know about Lowes.

Jul 18, 2020, 2:04 PM

Easley.

Does Furman sell any masks with their “FU” on the front?***

Jul 18, 2020, 2:09 PM

Re: Does Furman sell any masks with their “FU” on the front?***

Jul 18, 2020, 2:23 PM

stupid is as stupid does.

Jul 18, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

Yeah, I know that you are in Easley but I thought all Publix
stores had the same rules.

Jul 18, 2020, 2:10 PM

I saw this Chart that is never shown this morning. It’s really great news for all of us. Testing has sky rocketed and deaths have nose dived.

They are now giving patients who’s immune system kick in overdrive and attack the lungs Dexamethasone a common cheap strength Steroid $10 2cc Val with very good results on helping the worst cases survive.

https://wmbriggs.com/post/31675/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Then you have these guys who have been spectacularly wrong

Jul 18, 2020, 2:15 PM

with their forecasts throughout this whole thing. Yet they claim the deaths are rising sharply now, not prediction but actual. Who to believe? CDC or Univ. of Washington? How can their data be so different?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

The data published by the CDC lags

Jul 18, 2020, 8:28 PM

So their graphs don't show the increase over the last two weeks yet. In two weeks, the CDC graph will look like the "observed" curve does today.

Just wait and see instead of trying to argue.

Jul 18, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

And I assume that the number of deaths are really the end-all bottom line statistic, right? Or is it the total number of cases from February til now? But never the recovery numbers. Or the asymptotic numbers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 4:21 PM

You may be right.Today they reported 39 deaths but this was a total
from July 4 thru July 17. They usually report these deaths that appear
to be for one day but they aren't. It takes that long to verify the
cause of death.

Jul 18, 2020, 9:00 PM

Listen up. I live in Easley Right off 123. About a week ago, DHEC had a free, drive thru Covid testing in the Rock Springs Church parking lot. Troopers to direct traffic and roads blocked due to turnout. I would guess that 90-95 % of the folks that took the time to wait for 1 hour plus To get tested had not been sick or showed any symptoms. But if they tested positive then Bam! they get counted on the news as part of the huge number counted all the way back to January.

As my dad always told me, son, I can make numbers say anything I want.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 10:35 PM

Yep, but can’t lie about the deaths, which are also spiking up.
Just do your small part and wear the mask.

For Those in Denial

Jul 18, 2020, 2:45 PM

None of us will know the whole story until this passes. Meanwhile, the FACT is that the decision makers are seeing LOTS of data that doesn't look good. That is a fact, whether we agree or not. How on earth could any person not be willing to make such a small sacrifice and wear the stupid mask? Science shows it does help, and worst case is it can't hurt!

Wearing a mask can't hurt, but they won't stop the spread or save

Jul 18, 2020, 3:34 PM

football season.

Re: Wearing a mask can't hurt, but they won't stop the spread or save

Jul 18, 2020, 3:48 PM

We will never know the truth about the masks being a
preventive but when you go to a store that requires
a mask, you have two choices. Most stores and diners
require that.

quit watching the news***

Jul 18, 2020, 3:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Please explain how wearing masks will save football.***

Jul 18, 2020, 3:31 PM

Masks are nonexistent in Easley, SC.

Jul 18, 2020, 3:46 PM

Looking forward to visiting Walmart to see the #### show on Monday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 18, 2020, 5:53 PM

I have still seen NO scientific study that says people who don't have Covid give other people Covid. Prove to me how someone without the virus can give it to someone else then maybe maybe I'll consider a mask. You can't though because since the beginning of time there has never been a reputable scientist, doctor, epidemiologist or any other expert that has ever promoted healthy people with no illness wear a mask, PERIOD. If I get sick first I'll keep my a$$ at home and second if I did have to leave I'd wear one. Until either it's proven that someone who doesn't have Covid can give it to someone else or I get sick, in which case I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, get off your high horse because it's a heck of a fall.

Jul 18, 2020, 5:59 PM

You may catch it by not wearing a mask.
You can have it but not feel sick.
Then spread it by not wearing a mask and not feeling sick.

Jul 18, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

No high horse here, thank you.

I have been in the public EVERY day since the beginning of this, trying to save my business. Meet the public every day, recently with gloves and a mask. I am all about NO lock downs and limited mandates. BUT, its all up to us. Can we simply follow the "experts" and social distance, wash hands, and wear masks? How in the world could you argue with that?!

If not that, then what do you propose to stop this? I am listening. Again, I'm not talking about opinions, I'mtalking about what you would propose to do to save our football season, given ( assuming) that you aren't the decision maker.

Jul 18, 2020, 9:43 PM

It seems they want to argue just for the sake of arguing. Anyone with half a brain knows that a mask, while certainly not foolproof, is better than nothing when it comes to spreading germs. They seem to have forgotten what their mothers taught them when they were kids......"cover your mouth when you cough."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 10:33 AM

There are so many false positives and deaths from other issues declared that they are due to covid. I wear a mask when the sign on the door says to but that doesn't mean it isn't unnecessary. It is sad when anybody dies but this thing isn't killing most people. Heck it isn't even getting most people sick. Ofcourse cover your mouth when you cough but I'm not trying to wear a mask the rest of my life over something that kills at a rate of less than 1 in 200. I just dont get the plan in wearing a mask. How long are we going to do this?

Jul 18, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Obviously We Do Not Want Football This Fall ]

The problem is once you know you are sick, you may have already infected people around you. You are contagious before symptoms are present.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 7:25 PM

Nope they sure don’t and the irony is...the Trump supporters are the ones that’s making it happen and making sure he doesn’t get re-elected yet they have no clue and don’t see it!!! It’s hilarious to watch actually!!! If you’ve ever seen self destruction in progress...it’s happening!!!

Jul 18, 2020, 11:47 PM

So if you wear a mask you are a Dem and if you don't you are Rep?? Lmfao dude. How about I dont wear a mask because I'm not going to wear a mask the rest of my life. Tge human race will build immunity to the virus. The death rate is not even that high. Ofcourse I dont want people to die but they are going to mask or not. It is a crappy thing but we cannot shut down our country and wear mask forever. The virus isn't going to disappear and their is no telling if a vx will actually work or not in the near future.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:23 PM

how many of those 39 will die this month?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2020, 11:43 AM

If you don't think Covid is a problem, then please explain the need for refrigerated morgue trucks?

They are normally only required during national disasters. But I haven't heard of any hurricane, earthquake or tornado hitting Arizona, Texas or Florida recently.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic