Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL, this is South Carolina recruiting.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Jul 21, 2015, 2:22 PM

In desperate need of offensive linemen, the gamecawks certainly appear to be doing nothing to help their cause. Landing a three star prospect in Will Putnam isn't exactly the start they were perhaps looking for as Putnam's composite ranking is the #117 overall tackle. Putnam is a 2 star prospect according to Rival.com. The gamecawks had to outrecruit heavyweights such as Elon, Ohio, Charlotte, Coastal, and Charleston Southern for Putnam's commit.

For quite some time it has been speculated that the cawks lead for Javon Kinlaw of Goose Creek High School. I won't even begin to bash how overrated he appears on film here. Rather, I'll let you watch for yourself and try to figure out what, if anything, is impressive about his play. Below you'll find my evaluation as well-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKK7rkSRq4

Looks as if he plays to high and is often late off the snap. And by saying often I'm being polite, at that. Check out the above video at the :27 mark and you'll see he's the last off the line as well as seeing how open field running does not look natural to him. This is one of the few times I'll ever weigh in but I'm not big on Kinlaw. Not seeing the explosiveness. When I watch his film, LB KJ Wood seems to stand out more than Kinlaw. Probably projects better as an OL or NG at the next level because of lack of speed. Will likely need a redshirt season to adjust at the next level due to the fact that being just a big body will no longer help secure position.

Since we're talking linemen, how about discussing the folks they'll be blocking for in running back CJ Freeman. The gamecawks had tough competition for this prospect from the likes of Wake Forest, Georgia Southern, Washington State, and a few other mediocre programs. Scout rates him as the #82 running back. HOWEVER, Freeman has stated that he still intends on take all five official visits next season and his recruitment is not over.

Sure, I'll give you a victory for landing QB Brandon McIlwain. He's an exceptional player. However, I do not expect him to stay committed because I think this could be a sign that Steve is leaving and he knows it. Name ONE black QB Steve has recruited that stayed at QB. Hard ain't it. I'll let Marlboro County Coach Dean Boyd field this one for me, "We all know what Spurrier likes to see in a quarterback: tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed." #TRUTH One should expect other suitors to be knocking on his door as the cawks downward spiral season progresses.

So they need defensive backs aye. Well landing the #97 corner (Tre Jackson) and #45 safety (JJ Givens) might not be the answer they're looking for. (both rankings per 24/7.com) Givens overall ranking is #773 so hey, atleast he's in the top 1000? Weighing in at 174 pounds, Givens amassed 32 tackles last season.

So... who's going to watch all those incomplete passes sail overhead? Well, Bryan Edwards is rated the #54 WR by Rivals.com. A 3 star prospect by Scout.com who states, "He is not a burner in the speed department, but he knows how to get open." Wait, I though SEC players needed speed? Nonetheless, Edwards has expressed his interest in UGA and I would expect the Dawgs to go after him hard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does clemson ever recruit goose creek?***

Jul 21, 2015, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: does clemson ever recruit goose creek?***

Jul 21, 2015, 2:27 PM

Don't know but I know Kinlaw is not a take for us.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

well maybe you and bry should?***

Jul 21, 2015, 2:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: does clemson ever recruit goose creek?*** ]

T.J. Burrell is from Goose Creek.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: does clemson ever recruit goose creek?*** ]

Kinlaw is an FCS talent. Only guy that would be a take for us from SC's recruiting class is Givens.

Sounds like there could be good

Jul 21, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to does clemson ever recruit goose creek?*** ]

hunting there!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Sounds like there could be good

Jul 22, 2015, 1:30 PM

Not good hunting there, unless your hunting methamphetamine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their head coach has plenty of Clemson connections.... .

Jul 21, 2015, 4:06 PM [ in reply to does clemson ever recruit goose creek?*** ]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Reedy

yes, yes he do.***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:17 PM

Re: Their head coach has plenty of Clemson connections.... .

Jul 21, 2015, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Their head coach has plenty of Clemson connections.... . ]

He's their former head coach, and he held a longstanding grudge against Clemson from when he was passed over for head coach, because we would not meet his salary request - ALLEGEDLY.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

well, money never got in the way of anything...

Jul 21, 2015, 4:21 PM

;)

We recruit Hawaii! Of course we recruit Goose Creek!

Jul 21, 2015, 4:10 PM [ in reply to does clemson ever recruit goose creek?*** ]

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

no sh!t, maybe you could pass that on to those that don't?***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:15 PM

Goose Creek=Rock Hill.***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to does clemson ever recruit goose creek?*** ]

null

the bag man cometh?***

Jul 21, 2015, 5:12 PM

Yep.***

Jul 21, 2015, 5:15 PM

null

we need to gets juan of them; wonder if cc cood hook us up?***

Jul 21, 2015, 5:17 PM

They way SCAR's recruiting has went the last few years,

Jul 21, 2015, 5:20 PM

he probably wants to hook them up first.

null

maybe he wants to switch teams & we cood grab their bag man

Jul 21, 2015, 5:28 PM

in a predatory move?

that's good bidness.

Kinlaw definitely has technique issues

Jul 21, 2015, 2:33 PM

that said, he has 2 years of high school left to refine his technique and you can't coach that kind of size.

He's also projected as an OT, and that entire video is of him playing defense, so I have no idea what his blocking technique looks like.

Why do you feel the need to rip on a kid who is probably only 15 or 16 years old and may have only been playing football for a few years anyway?

thank you.***

Jul 21, 2015, 2:35 PM

Actually, he's a rising senior. One year left.

Jul 21, 2015, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Kinlaw definitely has technique issues ]

Second, I gave you an honest evaluation of what I thought. Ripping him would involve name calling and labeling him- neither of which I did. Next, I provided a video and asked you, the reader, to make what you will of it and feel free to draw your own conclusion, and later I provided my thoughts. Not a big deal. If you think I'm critical, try reading other evaluations.

LOL...

Jul 21, 2015, 2:52 PM

is a h3ll of a label or did you miss that part?

Video says Sophomore

Jul 21, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Actually, he's a rising senior. One year left. ]

so he may have gotten better?

I guess you utilized an old video to make your analysis.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Actually, he's a rising senior. One year left.

Jul 21, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Actually, he's a rising senior. One year left. ]

Good call that he's a rising senior, I was confused because the video you posted was his sophomore highlight tape. His JR tape is here http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5186521/highlights/247174380/v2 but yet again there is no footage of him playing offense. His technique looks somewhat improved but still pretty rough.

I'd say he's a project player with high upside at either DE or OT, but he'd need a redshirt year and some serious coaching.

Also, I want to apologize for saying you were bashing him, I probably misread the tone of your message. If you were just trying to give an honest assessment then I think what you said is probably fair even after watching his JR film.

Fair enough. I appreciate that.

Jul 21, 2015, 3:16 PM

All is well.

And FWIW, here's a guy from Goose Creek who agrees w/me

Jul 21, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually, he's a rising senior. One year left. ]

"I don't miss any Goose Creek games and your take on Kinlaw is spot on. He is constantly last off the line and hence always out of position. Over runs plays almost always and unless going up against a smaller player is always over matched at the line. I don't see him being anything but a guy to give someone a breather at the next level."

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17414534

Kinlaw lacks explosiveness and doesn't like contact.....

Jul 21, 2015, 2:42 PM

As evidenced by him catching and dragging/rolling people down on the tape. There are a few times in the video that he could have really laid the wood to some guys. He chose to stop, drop, and roll.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kinlaw lacks explosiveness and doesn't like contact.....

Jul 21, 2015, 2:45 PM

Not downing the kid, love his size, but it's also hard to teach aggressiveness and tenacity.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Careful, I don't think we're allowed to have opinions.

Jul 21, 2015, 2:52 PM

I thought this was a forum but I stand corrected.

sure you are, just as i'm allowed to call you out with mine.***

Jul 21, 2015, 2:53 PM

How are you so offended?***

Jul 21, 2015, 3:03 PM

offended? you seem to be giving yourself a lot of credit you

Jul 21, 2015, 3:08 PM

didn't earn.

i see no reason to attack a high school kid in order to take a swipe at south carolina.

i asked a question hoping to make you think about the possibilities now, before or down the road when it comes to clemson's players or prospects. did that question offend you so much that it got half a beach of sand in your vag?

or maybe cc's post twisted your knickers so much that you felt it necessary to run the young man down?

You should read it again DSP, seriously.

Jul 21, 2015, 3:26 PM

Which part of this is really damaging or where did I attack him? At all for that matter. Besides, it's my opinion. Clearly you overlook the part where I name a Student-Athlete of the Week and credit the kids who get it done on the field and in the classroom. All you want to see, and what you won't read here if you look closely, is me bashing somebody. That's your agenda. Try reading this evaluation again and tell me what's so damaging that I ruffled your feathers?

"Looks as if he plays to high and is often late off the snap. And by saying often I'm being polite, at that. Check out the above video at the :27 mark and you'll see he's the last off the line as well as seeing how open field running does not look natural to him. This is one of the few times I'll ever weigh in but I'm not big on Kinlaw. Not seeing the explosiveness. When I watch his film, LB KJ Wood seems to stand out more than Kinlaw. Probably projects better as an OL or NG at the next level because of lack of speed. Will likely need a redshirt season to adjust at the next level due to the fact that being just a big body will no longer help secure position."

And where in the heck did I attempt to give myself any kind of credit? You are insinuating things that I never wrote nor implied.

Clearly you've got an agenda and are trying to read things here that aren't printed. Agenda on man. But I'm done explaining myself to you. I cannot be any clearer that it's just my opinion and it wasn't harsh or ripping him at all. It's not me that has the problem. Good day sir.

Re: You should read it again DSP, seriously.

Jul 21, 2015, 3:35 PM

after that, all i needed to know was the subject/object, which was a high school player from south carolina.

as for my agenda, it's been stated and it's interesting you don't even know the impact of your own words and avoid them at all cost; that's your problem.

Thanks for avoiding the question and talking in circles.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:25 PM

"it's interesting you don't even know the impact of your own words and avoid them at all cost."

Really? Like what? Tell me what was so damaging? I gave you the quote, the opportunity, and all you do is talk in circles or revert to how you're holier than thou.

Actually it's you who doesn't know the impact of your own words because right now I'm confused by the way you go all out just to start something and never once respond with what is so offensive about my post.

I've said it I don't know how many times now, GO READ MY EVALUATION AGAIN AND TELL ME WHAT IS AWFUL! PLEASE. Since you wanted to make such a big stink of this whole thing, please tell me what is so bad. But you can't and you won't do it because you realize you're wrong. I didn't do anything wrong. Even "PenthouseTiger" went back, re-read it, and apologized upon realizing he took it out of context. Perhaps you should do the same but you won't. Troll on bully, troll on.

i'm sorry, i thought you were done? i knew you were,

Jul 21, 2015, 4:52 PM

but apparently you didn't?

the entire point of your op was to run down south carolina recruiting and by doing so their recruits.

this is now the third time i'm going to point out your subject in some form or fashion, "LOL, this is South Carolina recruiting...".

one of the tools or the hammer you used to drive that nail home was a kid from goose creek, sc. I won't even begin to bash how overrated he appears on film here. Rather, I'll let you watch for yourself and try to figure out what, if anything, is impressive about his play.

until your last few posts, i'd have never believed you so obtuse; lesson learned.

as for penthouse, i could not care less about what goes on between the two of you.

So, this is the post that you decided it's not ok for me to

Jul 21, 2015, 5:18 PM

write what I want about scar? After all the other post, this is the one? After years of posting stuff about them, this is the damaging one? The one where I properly cited their rankings and other offers- this is offensive to you? Facts are offensive now? The flag I get but facts being offensive? Did I give them that ranking? No, so don't be mad at me for their rankings.

And sure I said he appears overrated. That's my opinion. I think he appears overrated. I think the one's who gave him those ratings did so poorly. Again, my opinion. I also gave a film and said you can judge for yourself. I didn't just spew some words out there talking trash; rather I provided film and proper rankings. If you disagree with my evaluation that's cool. That's certainly ok, but to imply that I've done something horribly wrong here is indeed obtuse.

Please, don't act like I'm not supportive of recruits as well because you know I am. When Parker went elsewhere, my first post regarding him stated, "Best wishes to Boudreaux. We should all wish him the very best on any endeavor regardless of his commitment choice." You didn't see me jump on that bandwagon of folks bashing his video or saying glad he didn't come here.

Jacob Morgenstern committed to Duke but I still named him my Student-Athlete of the Week after he committed. Last week a CB target went elsewhere. I sent him a message saying congrats and I wish him the best in the future.

So please, don't spin it as I'm bad for recruiting or I bash all recruits. I gave nothing but facts and one evaluation which was my opinion. The rest was fact.

where did i suggest you could not write what you want?

Jul 21, 2015, 5:26 PM

perhaps that's your conscience speaking to you? nasty, nasty business the conscience.

i don't care if you bash south carolina recruiting, have at it, but i don't believe it's necessary to bash a kid from goose creek by name in order to do so.

there is really nothing to spin. it is a fairly straight forward concept and one i hope even you can grasp?

We'll agree to disagree.

Jul 21, 2015, 6:15 PM

Can't say I appreciate your condescending ways but I've seen you do that to folks far to often, so much so that I shouldn't study it. After all, you totally cherry picked what you wanted to read and flew past a compliment I handed out but nevertheless, selective readers are selective. My conscience is fine about all of this and I certainly don't need a net bully to imply that for me to know that I'm not the problem. The recent influx of TMails regarding this very subject with others who have encountered your ways is indeed telling that it is not a me problem.

We'll agree to disagree. I can only speak for myself when I say, no hard feelings. It is a fairly straight forward concept and one I hope even you can grasp.

no, but you can. me? i pointed out exactly what i contended.

Jul 21, 2015, 6:31 PM

there's no need to water this down or muddy it with something that has zero bearing on the point at hand. it's wonderful telling your prom date she looks ugly, then thank goodness you bought her a beautiful corsage... it really doesn't make up for the ugliness.

hey, if and when you figure out where i suggested you could not write what you want, let me know?

as for your tmail, i hope you girls have a good time crying it out.

simple enough even for you?

WOW! So you're an even bigger jerk than I thought!

Jul 21, 2015, 6:59 PM

Welp, I tried. I tried to just let it go. Since I see you're a net bully with no life, just go ahead and hit the ignore but on me cause I have no intentions of doing this again with you. You selectively read and cherry pick far to often for me. I find it impossible to ever think one could have an intelligent conversation with somebody like you- who thinks they know it all. It's sad but that's you.

DID ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE OP? NO, JUST YOU. VERY TELLING.

Simple enough for you?

so you're not done & you still can't provide where i said

Jul 21, 2015, 7:23 PM

you can not write what you want?

i would think you could back up both those statements fairly easy; one, by actually being done and the second by simply providing the point where i said what you claim.

the first is all on you. the 2nd is an impossibility because we both know you fabricated it... speaking of telling.

also, you seem to keep stumbling into the same hole. i don't care what penthouse thinks, i don't care what the girls in tmail think and certainly don't care if anyone else had an open issue with your post. i asked a question, we've now reached this point, because you didn't do the first[see above] and now you're being like your new found friends in tmail, overly sensitive.

the last is why you can't have an intelligent discussion. maybe you can work on that, but i've little to no hope you'll succeed.

simple becomes you.

Truth be told TB83 ...

Jul 22, 2015, 12:48 PM [ in reply to WOW! So you're an even bigger jerk than I thought! ]

I didn't read past the first few lines because what I did read along with the subject line made me cringe. It seemed exactly like you were making fun of this kid and using it as a way to discuss how bad scar recruiting is.

I'm not bashing you - but I chose not to read it for that very purpose. Just adding my 2 cents to make you consider that others may have had a problem with it and simply chose not to respond or read it in its entirety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, this is South Carolina recruiting.....

Jul 21, 2015, 3:10 PM

Anyway we can get the same breakdown for the Davis twins and Trapp ? Give me Kinlaw over them

Trapp has good film

Jul 21, 2015, 3:13 PM

he's just small and not as fast as you'd like him to be.

Re: Trapp has good film

Jul 21, 2015, 3:22 PM

So he is useless and shouldn't be on scholarship at Clemson got it

Jul 21, 2015, 3:55 PM

I certainly still question the take, but there's always the chance he has a growth spurt left in him and becomes a good player for us, so that's what I'm rooting for now.

Might as well hope for the best.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:02 PM

True I just don't like when people say this kid (Kinlaw or another prospect) isn't good then turn around and say the twins , trapp and dawkins are good when they aren't

Jul 21, 2015, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Trapp has good film ]

Oh I dont know. I think Trapp gets the chance to return punts at some point. Good moves and quick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 3:48 PM

So because he might be able to return punts one day it's okay Seems like a waste of a scholarship

Jul 22, 2015, 5:17 AM

So, youre one of those that think you are more in tune with who deserves a scholarship and who doesnt? LOL ok. Next year at the Signing Day BBQ, come join us, walk up to Dabo and give him your opinion on who does and who doesnt deserve a scholarship. This aught to be good. Tell Reed too while ur at it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2015, 1:24 PM

Aw did I strike a nerve fencebusters ? Don't you think it's funny all of the other coaches in cfb agree with me ? The only D1 scholarship is from the school the fathers work at or played at . Why can't they walk on ? I'm sure reed just loves having a 5'7 cb that runs a 4.7 40 . Those numbers just scream D1 player.

I'd greatly appreciate a TL;DR cliffs notes section at the

Jul 21, 2015, 4:23 PM

end of these posts.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

one agenda at a time, please. take a number

Jul 21, 2015, 4:24 PM

move to the back.

^^^ has a deadsolid agenda for sure.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:28 PM

Still can't explain what exactly is so offensive in the post.

^^^ needs her hand held to figure it out.***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:57 PM

^^ prez of the RAG***

Jul 21, 2015, 5:20 PM

idk who's in this RAG, but if i was, i has no doubt i'd be

Jul 21, 2015, 5:29 PM

the potentate.

Re: idk who's in this RAG, but if i was, i has no doubt i'd be

Jul 22, 2015, 4:41 PM

Someone should post a list of who is in the RAG?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd greatly appreciate a TL;DR cliffs notes section at the

Jul 22, 2015, 1:06 AM [ in reply to I'd greatly appreciate a TL;DR cliffs notes section at the ]

I'm here to please....

TL:DR ?? my edik is bigger than your edik.... Nyuh uh!!! Yuh huh!!!! Nyuh Uh!!!

I didn't read any of the post above but Kinlaw isn't really

Jul 21, 2015, 4:34 PM

being recruited by anyone right this minute because he may never qualify at this level. Things may have changed but at the beginning of the year even the Gamecocks backed off him because of his grades. If he qualifies good for him but they way it looked earlier this year this fellow may never play D1 ball. Like I said though this was a while ago and I don't want to bash this young man and if he has brought his grades up enough to qualify then good for him...

Wow, that is really bad, and I'm not just saying that b/c

Jul 21, 2015, 4:37 PM

he is committed to them. He is very slow, plays very upright like you said, and just seems overall seems amazingly unimpressive. Sure his size is great, but when you move like that, it doesn't matter. You look at his physical stats and expect him to be a beast, and then you watch the video and are shocked.

TigerBry, are you seriously laughing at SCU football right

Jul 21, 2015, 4:53 PM

now?

Aren't they 1-5 against Clemson in the last 6?

?

I always have. Why change now? Solid orange til I die.

Jul 21, 2015, 6:19 PM

I've never been one to bite my tongue about it either so long as it doesn't put my job or future opportunity in jeopardy.

Re: TigerBry, are you seriously laughing at SCU football right

Jul 21, 2015, 6:34 PM [ in reply to TigerBry, are you seriously laughing at SCU football right ]

Are you seriously taking up for SCU football? Aren't they like 42-66 in the last 98 games?

Re: TigerBry, are you seriously laughing at SCU football right

Jul 21, 2015, 6:34 PM

Jul 21, 2015, 7:09 PM

Givens overall ranking is #773
> so hey, atleast he's in the top 1000?

This caught my eye in your post that really puts things in perspective according to Google 1,086,000 kids played high school football in 2013. Over a million. So even to crack the top 1000 means you're in the top 0.1%. Now think about all the top 100 or even top 10 recruits Clemson has. It's incredible. The top 0.001%. That's who were after.
Go tigers!

Jul 21, 2015, 11:06 PM

Quit giving son of Steve a hard time. He is doing the best he can. Its hard to get players to come to the roach. They put up a huge banner of Steve. What else you want them to try? Washing the place down so it does not stink would probably be too much to ask.

Obsess Much?

Jul 22, 2015, 7:20 AM

Stupid post / Why are you Obsessed with Scar? Who cares what they're doing? CU doesn't play them until Nov. Too many ### clowns on this site - Always obsessing about Scar. Worry about ACC teams first

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic