Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations? Honesty? Simple truths? Can we dissect this??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Observations? Honesty? Simple truths? Can we dissect this??

Apr 27, 2019, 2:34 AM

Clemson teams & coaches that I observe (CFB, MBBall, MBaseb, MSoc, & recently WBB), I would like to watch other Clemson sports but living in Charleston these are my sports based on viewing opportunities.

That said, there is something that stands out about these teams visually and I truly believe it needs consideration and may hold a lot of water.

As a whole, look at the players and watch their mannerisms and watch their interaction with the coaches especially the head coach. The team with the fewest interaction from player to head coach seems to be the team that is struggling the most.

Examples being: Dabo and his team may be extremely lopsided but you watch the football players and they love the staff(coaches) and love interaction with them. But if you watch Basketball, you don't see players hugging each other, you don't see the high-5s from player-to-coach, you don't see the feel good moments where mentor expresses his fondness towards a players. There is a factor that is lost in the comraderie! The factor of having fun & just an underwhelming feel that the team is just going through the motions, not playing for the love of the game, love of the school, love of the coaches or the excitement of just the moment trying to win for your teammates and being super happy to be in the spotlight during game time.

Now look at Butler and WBB, the excitement, the interaction of players/players & player/coaches was substantially different from last year. The expressions of admiration, enthusiasm, the girls were often seen helping each other and playing with lots of excitement being shared with each other as well as great interaction with Butler!

Soccer has huge enthusiasm with players, coaches and the overall team. Again just different!! All these teams make me happy, jacked up, and happy when I watch them except basketball.

Basketball always feels slow, always feels like Brad is mad at the previous play, feels like we just missed another play, feels like CBB wanted one play but for some reason it was lost in translation and that last play cost us the game. The players dont really get excited and you don't see chest bumps, high 5s or healthy doses of enthusiasm!

Compare the OP teams??? We had guys like Booker, J Grant, etc. that were always so jacked up and the entire team was expressing their enthusiasm. The CBB seems like we are playing golf during a rugby match.

Point being, if we can't get our BBall team fired up we surely won't get the fans fired up therefore the attendance remains low and the fans don't support a good but lacking coach!?

Time to make a change, right or wrong? We need change but we also need to move to weasel that gas brought unnecessary attention to the school!

Fire the entire bball staff, it's time!!!!

At LAST, let's watch the enthusiasm of players that love their coaches, watch the coaches that invigorate their team and not make excuses for Brownell that is firming the definite verbiage of "INSANITY"! Let's move on!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lost me at WBB****

Apr 27, 2019, 2:57 AM

Re: Observations? Honesty? Simple truths? Can we dissect this??

Apr 27, 2019, 6:40 AM

If you are wanting to discuss the merits of Brad Brownell, well you can sum it up in one sentence. He is no Dabo.
He is a good X and O coach but just look at his demeanor on the bench. Have you ever really seen him get passionately excited like Dabo? I haven't.
But then again seldom do I see any big name Basketball Coach get excited on the bench. At times Coach K. looks like he could stare a hole through you, Roy(at UNCheat) looks lost at times and did you see any of the recent rants Tom Izzo (Michigan State)had during March Madness.
Maybe it's the nature of the beast. I don't know.
But, and this is just my opinion, what separates these National Championship contenders, as well as other Tournament, tested teams from Clemson is that these teams can get "basketball playmakers", not just basketball players.
Most every team this year that made it to the Elite 8 had at least one player who you could count on to deliver in the crunch. Show me who Clemson had this season they could absolutely count on in a game, and then we can discuss why so many times this season, we ended up on the short end of the score.
Thing is I don't see this changing with the current coaching staff, but then who do you go after to turn things around.

Re: Observations? Honesty? Simple truths? Can we dissect this??

Apr 27, 2019, 6:47 AM

Larry Shyatt had a ton of energy and great ralationship with the players so by your system we should give old Larry another chance.

I would also say that Coach K, Saban, Bear Bryant, Frank Howard or Bill Belichick would not get hired if you were AD.

I'm on the fence with Brad

Apr 27, 2019, 7:11 AM

but to question his relationship with his players seems odd. They clearly like and respect him and play extremely hard for him. Not sure how that is in question

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic