Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations - and "Staats" heading into Natty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,145

Observations - and "Staats" heading into Natty

Dec 30, 2019, 4:14 AM

On the Fiesta: This was one of the worst games we played (CU/OHST) - and also one of the BEST. Somewhat sloppy or just "off" at times on both sides of the ball. Still, we had the grit/guts to do what had to be done to win. The game can basically be summarized in the final drive with its winning TD & 2-pointer - AND with the redzone field goals & game-sealing PI.

I think OHST is a very good team and so is CU. Both are surely among the top 3. We were "off" too much of the night, or the score would have been worse. Credit OHST for knocking us off balance most of the 1st half; but, we hung in there and still won. Got no issue with the calls that went our way. I think they were correct. We could moan just as loudly about the rampant holding calls NOT called on OHST's O-line - unless hands to the face & throat are now "legal" techniques (lots of that occurred).

Good news is, we played poorly enough to lose but dug deep and won - & now advance. I figure the "off game" is behind us. Now, if we play like we did vs Bama last year (nearly flawlessly) - we can win it all again. I can't picture CU having back-to-back sluggish games (or a sub-par half). The chances of that seem slim. Likely, we come out punching and never let up & do what we do. All due respect to an excellent LSU team. I'm not taking them lightly at all & don't pretend for a second it won't be very tough.

And just FYI, here are the 2 teams' stats (& a prediction - which means nothing) from 'Wayne Staats' @ NCAA.com. Stats don't measure heart, but on paper, looks like 2 fairly even teams - the Superdome notwithstanding. Take a look if you like:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-12-29/lsu-vs-clemson-prediction-preview-college-football-playoff?utm_campaign=trending

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observations - and "Staats" heading into Natty

Dec 30, 2019, 4:25 AM

My only comment is LSU had a near perfect game to destroy OU. I doubt they can maintain that standard for two games in a row. Tigers win. I mean the Clemson Tigers from the real Death Valley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,145
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic