Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stating a fact...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Stating a fact...

Dec 16, 2018, 11:39 PM

...That is actually just my opinion. I see this often on this board. The thread topic is phrased in such a way to indicate a fact, such as “Caldwell will retire” or “X player going pro” or what have you. However, when you click on the thread, you realize it’s purely speculation on the part of the poster. Those posts should be whacked immediately by the moderators, assuming this board has them. It only serves to degrade the quality of the board by having those threads hang around. Repeat offenders should be banned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obligatory gif

Dec 16, 2018, 11:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stating a fact...

Dec 17, 2018, 12:23 AM

........Opinions are like b u t t holes everybody has one.

Go Tigers.....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 17, 2018, 6:12 AM

+1 for keeping it real ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

And they're All Full of S**t***

Dec 17, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Stating a fact... ]

Dec 17, 2018, 6:23 AM

Or you could, you know, just assume that something posted on a message board by random strangers is pretty much 110% of the time going to be some random stranger's opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 9:46 AM

Go to LSU’s equivalent - tigerdroppings. They have very strict rules on subject phrasing and whack any thread not meeting those rules. It makes for a much better experience. There is a reason fans come to that website from other schools and stay for years.

I believe you just made the best argument yet for

Dec 17, 2018, 10:11 AM

maintaining the status quo here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No thanks.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Stating a fact... ]

I can do without the post Nazis.

LSU is thataway ------------->

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No thanks.

Dec 17, 2018, 11:10 AM

Those "post Nazis" are one of the reasons Tigerdroppings is one of the most popular forums on the internet, at least in the U.S.

Tnet is the sports forum version of Bar Rescue BEFORE John Taffer fixes the place. Its in need of an overhaul because the culture created and protected here is exactly what is discouraging people from engaging her.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Stating a fact... ]

I actually agree with the OP and understand what they're saying. If someone posts "we're going to beat ND" then you obviously know that's an opinion, and can either click on that, or you can easily look past it if you choose since you already know what that topic is about.

However, if someone posts "Dexter Lawrence will return for his senior season" then I can see how a person reading that could think to themselves that some sort of statement was made by Lawrence or the school to confirm he's coming back. So then a person clicks on the topic to read about this news only to read how the person who posted it has a gut feeling that he's coming back.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:33 AM

Exactly

Dec 17, 2018, 7:29 AM

You came here looking for facts?

Dec 17, 2018, 7:33 AM

Dec 17, 2018, 8:51 AM

Wow, you figured that out in less than 3 months?

Dec 17, 2018, 10:21 AM

I agree with what you're saying OP. There's a lot of clickbait thread topics on here between the types you mentioned, and the trolling topics. It's frustrating, but I've learned you just have to accept it as part of things on here.

You ain't from around here, are ya?***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic