Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so its now racist to say you follow the law??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

so its now racist to say you follow the law??

Jul 23, 2018, 4:09 PM

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/07/20/controversy-sample-lawn-mowing-company-business-card/

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems to be what Fonzie Guzman thinks, though

Jul 23, 2018, 4:24 PM

it read like he was more ticked over the 'hiring illegal' tagline than the 'follow the law' part.

I wonder what else is on Fonzie's mind. Hope you let us know as this story unfolds.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All PC stuff seems petty to me.***

Jul 23, 2018, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How’s this different from all the motels out on the 2 lane

Jul 23, 2018, 4:47 PM

With big American Owned signs out front?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

he's saying his employees are all legal

Jul 23, 2018, 4:50 PM

the american owned hotel employees probably not so much

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only offensive thing there is the 15 fonts in 8

Jul 23, 2018, 4:54 PM

different colors.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obligatory

Jul 23, 2018, 5:00 PM

That card is too busy.

Jul 23, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to The only offensive thing there is the 15 fonts in 8 ]

The guy who designed that card has a cluttered mind. The guy who hands out those cards is dumb for letting someone with a cluttered mind design his cards.

A business card should have the name of the business, the name of the rep and the number to reach either. It should be white with one type black simple font.

The back should have nothing so those who they are given to can use them to write the name and number of the competition on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he's making a subliminal Pride statement.***

Jul 23, 2018, 5:41 PM [ in reply to The only offensive thing there is the 15 fonts in 8 ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn’t say racist or offensive.

Jul 23, 2018, 6:10 PM

Douchey for sure, but not offensive. And he probably is overpriced and does a pisspoor job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus, the card sez “...drug free”, I thought hitting

Jul 24, 2018, 4:08 AM

joint is required for landscaping work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so its now racist to say you follow the law??

Jul 23, 2018, 7:06 PM

I can see how far a finance degree from the University of Texas Arlington gets you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so its now racist to say you follow the law??

Jul 23, 2018, 8:14 PM

It's definitely racist because he has no way of knowing that another person is an illegal alien unless he has hired them himself.

I just have a problem with some of the grammar.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:22 PM

####### proofread your business card, dude.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I just have a problem with some of the grammar.

Jul 24, 2018, 7:41 AM

The font and grammar on that card ought to be criminal.

I used to think UT was pretty good school. It's one of the harder schools to get into for Texas residents, so if this guy is the cream of the Lone Star crop. . . .

I don't know if "racist" is the right word but it is clearly

Jul 24, 2018, 3:35 PM

targeted at hispanic landscapers.

Has this company actually checked to see if any local landscapers are illegal immigrants? I strongly doubt it. And if he hasn't, then he is being prejudiced based on race.

To me, the card indicates that the person is probably an actual racist. It's using xenophobia for marketing.

Or maybe

Jul 24, 2018, 3:45 PM

He's a business owner tired of getting undercut by competing companies who are able to charge less because they hire illegal aliens. Does that make him a xenophobe too?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

You missed a part of my post.

Jul 24, 2018, 3:48 PM

I mentioned that this business probably just assumes his competitors hire illegal immigrants and never actually confirmed it. And his only evidence is probably the race of the workers.

So... that is racially prejudiced. Unless there has been an actual confirmation of illegal immigrants, he is definitely using xenophobia. Now if the guy has actual confirmation that there are a bunch of companies in his area that use illegal hires, then he has a point, and his biggest sin is horrible taste.

In my experience.

Jul 24, 2018, 3:56 PM

Especially in bidding types of situations. Contractors generally know who's playing by the rules and who isn't. These are all assumptions though..

Maybe the dude does have a white pointy hat in the closet. I don't know.. But it's definitely another example of people's addiction to outrage these days either way.

GO TIGERS!!

I doubt many would accuse me of being PC...

Jul 24, 2018, 4:11 PM

I'm just looking at this from a logical point of view.

If you assume something about a person because of their race, then that is actually racial prejudice. Simple as that.

If you fire a sportscaster (Colin Cowherd) for saying the "Dominican Republic is not known for their education" because that is "racist" then that a symptom of mass mental illness political correctness.

I absolutely abhor political correctness. But that doesn't mean I am blinded to actual examples of prejudice.

Assuming the guy is "white"....

Jul 24, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to I don't know if "racist" is the right word but it is clearly ]

isn't someone who is "Hispanic" the same race?

Re: Assuming the guy is "white"....***

Jul 24, 2018, 4:18 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic