Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Objective look at baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,141

Objective look at baseball

May 1, 2017, 9:15 AM

I believe our team has over achieved this year. Last year and the high ratings this year some what camouflaged the weaknesses of this team. A lot has been written about Coach Lee good and bad. He is a great coach and has taken this team farther than probably anyone else could have. If you look at the roster other than Beer there were no really high draft picks out of high school. That does not mean that there are some good players on this team.Some areas that recruiting must improve are more dominate and consistent pitching, better hitters and sure handed fielders. All of the above mentioned have been daggers in this teams heart this year in games against quality opponents. This past weekend was a prime example. Great teams must have the ability to win on the road. The ability to win on the road is the measuring stick by which champions are measured.
I hope that this team can re-group, re-focus and some how get back on track. The road ahead does not get easier but more and more difficult. Can they do the things necessary to win? I hope so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Objective look at baseball

May 1, 2017, 10:14 AM

Most highly drafted players don't make it to any campus...Seth Beer is a very rare situation. Logan Davidson would have been a high draft pick in last years draft (I heard early second round) and he probably turned down $1.5M to play at Clemson. Look at any top college team and it will be very rare to find any players that turned down 1st or 2nd round money to go to college.

The talent on this team is very good. Yes we need someone to step up as the closer. I think that person is Riley Gilliam, but he has to get better command....he has closer stuff.

The team has lost several pitchers to injuries...Higganbotham, Miller are out for season is what I understand.

This team will rebound and we could look back at this past weekend as a wakeup call like we had in our football loss to Pitt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,141
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic