Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obamacare lawsuit being argued today in SCOTUS.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 272

Obamacare lawsuit being argued today in SCOTUS.

Nov 10, 2020, 11:26 AM

I think they're providing the audio and/or a transcript later today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

For those who don't know...

Nov 10, 2020, 11:28 AM

the question is whether Obamacare is unconstitutional now that Trump removed the individual mandate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: For those who don't know...

Nov 10, 2020, 11:34 AM

Despite what turncoat Roberts said, Obamacare was never constitutional because a fine and a tax, by definition, are two different things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 11:37 AM

What's the legal distinction between a fine and a tax?

- Jonathan Swift

Nov 10, 2020, 12:02 PM

Tax: A contribution for the support of a government required of persons, groups, or businesses within the domain of that government.

Fine: A sum of money required to be paid especially to the government as a penalty for an offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remote argument?***

Nov 10, 2020, 11:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know***

Nov 10, 2020, 11:31 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Let me help you go on about your day.

Nov 10, 2020, 12:00 PM

Supreme Court justices hint at keeping Affordable Care Act

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks but I was just letting everyone know.

Nov 10, 2020, 1:25 PM

People in here sometimes care a lot about the fate of the ACA.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Obamacare lawsuit being argued today in SCOTUS.

Nov 10, 2020, 12:37 PM

The GOP had best hope they keep it, unless they want to gift-wrap Georgia's double Senate runoff to the Dems and hand them the Senate on a silver platter.

Mitch McConnell clearly agrees. He hasn't supported killing this at all and the usual pile-on filings done to push a party's perspective haven't been there at all.

Wiping out the insurance of millions in the middle of a pandemic is not exactly good politics. I suspect the conservatives on the court will get the message...or if they don't, Oh My is it going to be a wild ride the next few months.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 272
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic