Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone think Oklahoma will stay within 21 of Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Does anyone think Oklahoma will stay within 21 of Bama?

Dec 3, 2018, 10:12 AM

I will be shocked if they do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vegas seems to think so***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone think Oklahoma will stay within 21 of Bama?

Dec 3, 2018, 10:19 AM

Their Big XII defense is about to be exposed. Only chance is for them to chew clock and keep Bama's offense off the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:31 AM

I'm pretty sure their defense has already been exposed.

Well there's no way OU is going to chew clock or even

Dec 3, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone think Oklahoma will stay within 21 of Bama? ]

attempt to chew clock. That's a complete 180 from what has been very successful for them. IMO OU's only chance is to do what they always do - turn the game into a crazy shootout and hope that they can wear down Bama's defense with tempo and get a few timely defensive stops or turnovers.

I think it's fairly likely that Bama just scores at will, has a good enough defense to slow OU down, and ultimately wins like 48-24 or something, but it's also possible that OU does what it did to UGA last year and has a chance to win.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:21 AM

My predictions.

60-27

Yes.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:22 AM

In the first quarter

we're about to find out if that hyped up OL from OK is as

Dec 3, 2018, 10:24 AM

good as advertised. Sure they look good against the Big 12, but now it's time to face a real defense.

I think Oklahoma will score some points for sure. I'm not sure they will be able to make Bama punt the ball at all though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it's tough to judge OL's in the Big XII because,

Dec 3, 2018, 11:15 AM

at least in my opinion, the single biggest reason for the bad defensive play in the Big XII as a whole is a total lack of impact defensive lineman.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:32 AM

56-35 Bama!
The coots can then say Oklahoma is "cycling out".

Dec 3, 2018, 10:34 AM

I've got them losing by 17. 52-35 in favor of those who shall not be named.

Kyler is a stud and should give them fits early. Then the bad guys will pull away and a garbage time td makes the score closer than the game really was

Dec 3, 2018, 10:36 AM

I think they will. I was surprised that Saban let Hurts throw the ball....so maybe he
wont be so conservative is Jalen is his option at QB

Oklahoma needs a fast start

Dec 3, 2018, 10:40 AM

Murray is a difference maker, but OU needs a good start. If they get off solidly, and somehow, get a stop/turnover on Bama, they can get the Tide defense winded. This is a Manziel-type opportunity for OU...the question is, does the current Tide D rate as equal, better, or worse than back then?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but only because Oklahoma will probably pull

Dec 3, 2018, 10:37 AM

their starters for the entire 4th quarter and Bama will end up scoring a late garbage time TD with their 1st string causing Oklahoma to only win by 20 or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

In a shoot out yes but I think bama D

Dec 3, 2018, 10:38 AM

Can slow them down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 10:48 AM

Bama will go heavy on the run game against Okla.
Slow the game down and limit their possessions.

They will only need about 3 stops to win 'cause Okla
ain't gonna stop them with that sieve of a D

Bama by 14

Dec 3, 2018, 11:06 AM

Bama's not the running team they have been in the past. They get their yardage but not near as much as they have in the past. they have about 1000 yards less this year than in the previous few years in rushing. They haven't had a 300 yard game all season and teams like the Citadel had way more rushing yards than them. It may be that Oklahoma controls the clock to keep Bama's offense off the field in this game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 10:48 AM

I know Bama is tough but OU has a chance. Murray is a true duel threat QB which gives Saban defenses fits (i.e. DW4). We know about OU passing and the QB running, they also have an average running game to keep the Bama front honest. A lot will be determined by who is the Bama QB at the end of the game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 10:49 AM

I think Bama's defense is suspect. They gave up 31 points to Arkansas and Oklahoma's offense is way better than Arkansas. I expect this game to be a close game with Bama winning in a shootout. maybe 54-52. Bama misses a couple of extra points. One thing for sure neither punter is going to get a tired leg unless they also do kickoffs and extra points.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:55 AM

Well, I hope it's a close game or an OK win. Be nice to play them or a beat up Bama.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:58 AM

Bama wins but gets a scare, what this does do though is actually make them prepare for OKLahoma and then only have a week to get ready for us, unlike 2015 where they knew they had no competition in the semi and had 35+ days to get ready for Deshaun and company and still almost lost!

OK is the right type offense to give Bama D issues***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:59 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

OU D not only going to get exposed but

Dec 3, 2018, 11:04 AM

their Offense will sputter since they really havent played a dominate D like BAMA. If they can get to Murry game over. Bama 42-OU 17

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 11:30 AM

I think it is possible if Oklahoma does not turn the ball over. Otherwise, no.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 3, 2018, 11:35 AM

Don’t know but all the so called experts thought Bama would roll GA. OU has a chance if they don’t turn the ball over and get a few stops.

GA had their shot at Bama and lost. No need for a do over.

Dec 3, 2018, 12:18 PM

I think Oklahoma can beat Alabama

Yes, I think they may very well beat Bama.***

Dec 3, 2018, 12:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 3, 2018, 12:25 PM

If Oklahoma can get 2 stops/half they’ll beat Alabama

Dec 3, 2018, 12:36 PM

I agree with the consensus. OK can play with Bama if they get a stop or two and avoid turnovers.

However, i also expect some cheap shots from Bama to take Murray out, especially in the first half (when a DQ will not hold over to the NCG.)

I have lost all respect for the Tide actually believing they can prove their superiority on the field. If Murray is the engine to the OK attack, they'll try to take him out and win the easy way.

Dec 3, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone think Oklahoma will stay within 21 of Bama? ]

I agree with the consensus. OK can play with Bama if they get a stop or two and avoid turnovers.

However, i also expect some cheap shots from Bama to take Murray out, especially in the first half (when a DQ will not hold over to the NCG.)

I have lost all respect for the Tide actually believing they can prove their superiority on the field. If Murray is the engine to the OK attack, they'll try to take him out and win the easy way.

Dec 3, 2018, 12:37 PM

Sorry. I seem to be stuttering today

Dec 3, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone think Oklahoma will stay within 21 of Bama? ]

Yes. It would not shock me if Oklahoma wins. Bama is the

Dec 3, 2018, 12:38 PM

better team and better on the LOS, so it would take a great game by the Sooners.

I do. I don't think Bama will be able to slow Bama down. I see a shootout

Dec 3, 2018, 1:55 PM

similar to UGA and OK last year.
But who knows..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 3, 2018, 2:06 PM

Absolutely within I think 10 pts.

Yes. Bama better be on their offensive game, or Okies

Dec 3, 2018, 2:20 PM

will take them out in a Big XII type shootout!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic