Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT NASCAR...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,960

OT NASCAR...

May 13, 2016, 4:59 PM

Not sure how many people on here follow NASCAR, but with the mix of New & Old talent in the sport, and the "Win & you're In" the chase format, it's been a lot of fun to watch. Some of the best racing in a long time.

They vets have all the wins, but rookies like Chase Elliot & Austin Dillon & others have been creeping up, and Chase & Austin are big rivals as well.

And it's only going to get better as the Chase gets closer...

Would like to hear others thoughts.

Go Tigers!

Ps -Denny Hamlin sux

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT NASCAR...

May 13, 2016, 5:14 PM

Almost sounds like you forgot.......they are done!!!!! You are correct about better racin' now than the last few years, but look at the stands. Better yet look at Fall race at Bristol. Was walking to the track 15yrs or so ago after parking about a mile away and was offered $500 for my 2 finish line tickets. You couldn't make me sell, tickets were in peoples wills. This Fall, buy them Saturday morning and go to the race in the PM. Stands will be 3/4 full tops. Stick a fork inum, when TV leaves like many of the sponsors have its over!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

May 13, 2016, 6:25 PM

I honestly didn't know that they were struggling. I just started watching again last year. Hmm. Wonder what they will do?

NASCAR is a perfect case study in alienating your fan base.***

May 13, 2016, 9:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Where's trumpfan201? Maybe if Trump doesn't win the pres he can make Nascar great again instead.***

May 14, 2016, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: OT NASCAR... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 13, 2016, 5:30 PM

Im a pretty big follower of nascar but to ever gain interest there must be some sort of spending cap figured out. The rich teams always win while the other 35 drivers get lapped all race.

May 13, 2016, 6:34 PM

I'm in a very competitive family race pool so I watch every race.....

Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, and Martinsville are really the only good races to actually sit there and watch that you won't fall asleep. They need to figure out a way that the leader can't get out in front and just drive off.

I like it though. Danica is my favorite.....;)

May 13, 2016, 6:38 PM

Used to be that I couldn't get enough NASCAR, but they ruined it with the new cars. Walked out of the last race I attened (Charlotte) before it was half over and haven't watched it in years. It's more like watching traffic than racing these days.

There is a reason that sport is dying, and it isn't because of the economy.

May 13, 2016, 6:48 PM

> Used to be that I couldn't get enough NASCAR, but
> they ruined it with the new cars. Walked out of the
> last race I attened (Charlotte) before it was half
> over and haven't watched it in years. It's more like
> watching traffic than racing these days.
>
> There is a reason that sport is dying, and it isn't
> because of the economy.

I was the same way for a while till I started watching the xfinity 2 years ago & realized there was some talent coming up.

Might want to tune back in. The races have been know down drag out & with the format it should get better.

May 13, 2016, 7:11 PM

My favorite is Bill Elliot

May 13, 2016, 7:36 PM

> My favorite is Bill Elliot

Was?

Chase Elliott is Bill's son

I like Bill back in the day. He wasn't the most consistent, but when he was hot he couldn't be stopped.

Go Tigers!

May 13, 2016, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: OT NASCAR... ]

If the NBA can survive Nascar will find a way to survive. I have watched it for 45 years actually 53 because I attended my first race at 3 months of age and the sport has changed. They need to shorten some of the races and find some more short tracks and the people will come back. The problem with tracks looking empty is for most of them they put in to many seats. If they would have stayed at around 85 to 90,000 at Charlotte then it would look full. They also need to quit making all the cars the same and let the teams figure out what works and get spending under control so that all teams have a shot to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2016, 10:36 PM

Here's what would make car racing interesting to me ...any car racing .
1. Only allow 12 cars to race , the overall headcount at these events is ridiculous, and too costly .

2. Have the contestants ride ouyside of the car , on top . That would really be exciting ...if real , actual and imminent death were in play during each and every race .

3. Hold the money until the end . No monies paid per race , jist to the overall winner/survivor at the finish of the season . The rest get squat .

4. Shorten the d@mn season ! Nobody cares about anything 11 months out of the year . Have an actual offseason for freaks sake . Try 6 months on and 6 months off .
Finally , enough of these little whimpy racecar drivers throwing their helmets at each other and then spending weekends at each others lake mansions . Nobody with a pulse is fooled by this obvious ploy to make things more interesting.

I'm not a NASCAR fan , but it is mostly because of too much of a good thing . Time to trim the fat and quit with all the fakea$$ hollywood antics .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 14, 2016, 6:27 PM

I like #4 and #5....

I lose interest in NASCAR once football starts and the only fight between drivers in history that a punch was actually landed was 1979 Cale Yarborough vs Bobby Allison.

May 14, 2016, 8:04 AM

One solution: No longer allow the teams to make their own cars. Have all the cars made to certain specs by independent contractors. That way all the cars would be the same out the box..Only certain modifications would be allowed..Essentially tuning type things.

Imagine the cost savings of that as well as the lower cost of entry into the sport..Anyone off the street could order up a car and go racing.

Run What You Bring

May 14, 2016, 8:09 AM

Get back to the old days.....Racing has got so technical these days it has taken the fun out of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

May 14, 2016, 8:39 AM

What made nascar great to start with was the "run what you brung" aspect of it. Anybody could build a car and show up and race. People could watch a car race that looked like the car in their own driveway. That and the fact the drivers were plain Jane good ole boys. People you live next to and see at the gas station during the week. They settled disputes on the track and fought afterwards and nascar didn't fine them or treat them like children. When you look at the sport you see none of that. The cars look nothing like a real car and costs hundreds of thousands to build. Drivers are arrogant spoiled brats whose families have deep pockets and that's how they got where they are now. They all have cookie cutter personalities. Pretty boys with clean images. That's what sponsors want. NASCAR chased the money train and turned it into a big money pit. They have pushed out the good ole boys from the sport and alienated the type of fan that built the sport.

Nascar lost me in 2013

May 14, 2016, 2:01 PM

when they proved that all their rules were written in pencil,especially for one team. When they put Jeff Gordon in, therefore putting all four Hendrick cars in. I'd had enough. I was sick of them bending the rules for that team repeatedly. Chad Knauss gets caught cheating on the 48 car repeatedly and yet he always gets fined and suspended but the 48 car never LOSES points, unlike every other owner's cars that get caught cheating. The same happened earlier with the 24 car getting caught regularly for running illegal heights and wheels, fines but Gordon kept his points. Try that with a Rousch or Gibbes car and they would lose 50 points. Their favoritism killed it for me.

May 14, 2016, 2:31 PM

NASCAR has started doing several things the past couple years to get the product on the track back to a good one.

This year they eliminated a lot of the splitter and reduced the spoiler. This drastically reduced the downforce the cars had. This made the cars much harder to drive and more reliant on driver skill not team engineer skill.

The next thing they are doing is to make the cars identical on the left side and they are on the right. This once again will reduce some of the aero dependencies from the cars making them harder to drive and also look more like what you see on the car lot.

The only thing I want them to do that they havent announced yet is to give some of the power back to the cars. This would allow more passing and more control for the drivers.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 14, 2016, 2:39 PM

> NASCAR has started doing several things the past
> couple years to get the product on the track back to
> a good one.
>
> This year they eliminated a lot of the splitter and
> reduced the spoiler. This drastically reduced the
> downforce the cars had. This made the cars much
> harder to drive and more reliant on driver skill not
> team engineer skill.
>
> The next thing they are doing is to make the cars
> identical on the left side and they are on the right.
> This once again will reduce some of the aero
> dependencies from the cars making them harder to
> drive and also look more like what you see on the car
> lot.
>
> The only thing I want them to do that they havent
> announced yet is to give some of the power back to
> the cars. This would allow more passing and more
> control for the drivers.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Post

Go Tigers!

May 14, 2016, 4:47 PM

You really are pathetic. Also you dont have to copy everyone response we know how to use the board and tell who we are replying to this isnt FGF you stupid #### lover.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 15, 2016, 12:46 AM

> You really are pathetic. Also you dont have to copy
> everyone response we know how to use the board and
> tell who we are replying to this isnt FGF you stupid
> #### lover.

Pathetic #### Lover

LOL

Go Tigers & NASCAR

???

May 15, 2016, 9:09 AM

Im not a fan of this format. I used to enjoy seeing many drivers race for good days (anywhere in the top 10) but now its 1 winner and 39 losers. Nascar has screwed around with the format so much that the fan base got whiplash and many have stopped watching. The whole bracket/playoff thing makes no sense in nascar because Nascar isnt one on one. It severely cheapens the championship (example: a guy who missed 11 races last year ... won it)
Brian France over does everything.

I do like that the tracks are safer and the cars are safer. They are making good strides making the car more "racey" and less aero dependent but the championship system is a joke right now. To me it is a gimmick and takes away from title.

I do understand that after 2003, lots of people wanted to change the championship. But instead of changing the entire format, they should have just gave the winner of a race a TON of points. That would have emphasized the winner without watering down everything else.

Anyway, I was a huge NASCAR fan and I stomached the first few versions of the chase but after watching the playoff setup I just cant get into it anymore. The meaning of each race for each driver is not the same and it makes each race less fun. Sorry to be a downer. I am glad you still enjoy it but I am afraid the majority of the fan base feels like me.

May 15, 2016, 4:47 PM

Not a downer, & you make and explain good points.

& the guys who said Nascar has alienated it's fan base are right. Certain segments of our society has always loved racing, and when you consistently do things that they don't like eventually they get tired of if and leave. I did for a while too & just got back into it.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic