Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT: Fidget Toys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

OT: Fidget Toys

May 30, 2017, 5:42 PM

I know there is a different place for a topic like this, but help a fellow tiger out. My 14 year old son suffers from autism and has a very hard time keeping his fingers and hands still. He hates his condition and avoids going into public a lot of times when he knows there will be a lot of unfamiliar faces. I read an article where these things are exploding off the shelf and have been doing wonders for children like mine. Has anyone here bought one? Do they work? Thanks guys

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT: Fidget Toys

May 30, 2017, 5:58 PM

They say they do for ADHD kids. You can get them for $4 from Walmart so may be worth a try

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2017, 6:18 PM

It doesn't hurt to try.
My 16 year old son also has it. He is amazing at making clay figures. He takes a blob of craft clay nearly everywhere we go.
I know your road brother, and it is tough.
patience patience patience

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

May 30, 2017, 6:20 PM

They can help for things like that. They are really popular now because they're just addicting to play with.

They're all over Amazon and a ton of stores carry them now. They vary in quality and what not, based on how much you are willing to pay. But they're usually between like $5-30

A friend of mine swears by them for her autistic son

May 31, 2017, 8:02 AM

Of course she recently got upset at her kid's school because they banned those spinners after EVERY kid in school was bringing them in regardless of need. So she had their doctor write them a note and now her son can bring his spinner to school again.

Good luck, give it a shot and I hope it works!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: A friend of mine swears by them for her autistic son

May 31, 2017, 3:00 PM

Thanks guys, buying one today for the little man

Re: A friend of mine swears by them for her autistic son

May 31, 2017, 3:13 PM [ in reply to A friend of mine swears by them for her autistic son ]

one of my dear friends has an autistic son and they use them as well. says it definitely helps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic