Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU - uncomplicated spread offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,412

OSU - uncomplicated spread offense

Dec 28, 2019, 12:23 AM

Guys - would like your feedback.

Easy guess they are a majority run first offense as everyone says. However when it comes to pass - it is a 1 reciever offense. Watch all games on You Tube. You will see he does not scan the field much. It is a pass or a QB run. Very little passes to JK.

JF is an easy target for Venables. Typical 1st yr QB - Much like Haskins - Looks good but not really the best.

Clemson by 14 is my prediction. something like 41-26

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU - uncomplicated spread offense

Dec 28, 2019, 7:32 AM

Fields also has a very good TE and uses him against the zone, in the seam, on post routes.... and he's a threat to our safeties.

We will have the same threat to their defense with anyone we put at slot, plus maybe an extra threat with Galloway.

Dec 28, 2019, 8:09 AM

I agree on how good that TE is, but JF needs time and usually must leave the pocket to have enough time to hit the TE, and then the TE must make a miracle one-handed, diving catch for the completion. JF will not be able to leave the pocket like he normally does in the Big10 as our D sets the edge extremely well IMO. He might leave the pocket ONCE.

Dec 28, 2019, 9:24 AM

I think this is where we kill them. When we limit the run (Dobbins & Fields) and make Field's pass, then our coverage disguises will confuse him. He is not very good at finding the 2nd or 3rd receiver. He will either take a sack or take off running - right into Simmons. As his frustration grows, he will throw a pick or two.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,412
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic