Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Tajh has time his passes beautiful, But hurried Oh No!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

When Tajh has time his passes beautiful, But hurried Oh No!

Jul 29, 2013, 10:37 AM

So, I assume and have heard that Coaching Staff are trying to get Tajh to not go ballistic when he's pressured and feeling so hurried that he throws bad balls.

Plan is to reduce his INT stats by 10-20%, and thus win another game possibly. Saw this in a negative way in SC game in 3rd Quarter when he tried to place a ball into a crowd under pressure or desire to make something happen (only 3 pts down) and the INT gave SC 7 more pts..and the game.

gOTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Tajh has time his passes beautiful, But hurried Oh No!

Jul 29, 2013, 10:43 AM

From what I've seen, he also has an additional problem that I wish he could control better. And that is - in the first part of games, he tends to have so much adrenalin flowing, that his passes sail high most times. Only our great WR's are able to make this less of an issue. I wish he could determine how to rein in those throws a little, and we'd score early and often, without playing catchup the rest of the game. The man can throw frozen ropes, but just needs to control them more.

That said - I am very, very satisfied having the QB that is arguably the best QB in the ACC, and perhaps the NATION.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed, his fastball is as good as anybody but he needs to

Jul 29, 2013, 12:01 PM

work on his touch and leading a receiver so they can catch in stride. I too would take no one over him.

that impatience comes from morris & his offense. clemson

Jul 29, 2013, 10:44 AM

used to generate it's emotion/energy on the defensive side of the ball. cu now does so on the offensive side. if i was impressed by anything in the lsu game, it was cu's/boyd's/morris' patience in .05/.10ing lsu to death.

it was beautiful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 11:05 AM

When he gets pressured.....I say he tucks the ball and hauls A$$!

That should curtail interceptions quite nicely! 8-)

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP

Jul 29, 2013, 11:16 AM

Has hit the nail on the head. Clemson must protect boyd.

you hit ANY qb early and often, and they tend to rush things

Jul 29, 2013, 11:22 AM

it's human nature to avoid getting hit, when you can't protect yourself, such as when you are holding the football in one hand, and looking somewhere else. the one's (qb's) that it disrupts the LEAST, are the one's that find greater successes. look back at some great qb's, they either had great o-lines,a very good running game, a very quick release ( see marino,kosar), or escapeability, if not outright wheels (see elway,tarkenton,cunningham) or just a big body, to take the punishment ( see roethlisberger,jurgenson ( well, he might have just numbed himself a little)) thing is the more time you spend doing it, the better you get (see unitas,montana,griese). tajh will be o.k. he has the HEART, which is the one thing all these guys i mentioned also have/had.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that Tajh has improved his game from year to year

Jul 29, 2013, 12:03 PM

which is to be expected and I look for a big year out of him this year!!

Fantastic thread

Jul 29, 2013, 12:31 PM

Its not all sunshine, its realistic. We need to focus on weaknesses and turn them upside down.

But yes tajh does need to get those 13 int down to around 5-7. That would win another game or two ;).

The one guy was right about early on he tends to sail passes. This was evident @state and the home game with wake.

Also on the short passes or screens he tends to either throw them in the ground or way over the WR/RBs head. Usually only our stud group of WR can bail him out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 5:10 PM

Against LSU he had 0 INT and > 65% completion ratio w/LSU in his face all night. He threw 2 bad balls (back to back to Nuk) both too tall. Check out the PERFECT pitch to Ford on the sideline to convert a third down and the PERFECT pitch to Nuk on 4th & 16. Both with rush on and the ball to Nuk off his back foot!! One bad ball (probably others as well) due to a bad route by WR. LSU also covered as well if not better than any other team we played

I'd say he's arrived...IMHO

^^^Get's it^^^***

Jul 29, 2013, 8:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 6:46 PM

Agreed! I remember watching Boyd in his first collegiate mop-up duty. His passes to the boundary flat were sailing high, and sometimes still do. I don't agree with Clowney that Tajh was scared in the SC game, but because of the pressure, he wasted little time in slinging it, even into good coverage. I don't care who you are, if your pass-blocking occasionally looks like a sieve, you want to get it out of there instead of taking a sack. I think Tajh's problem is that he has so much confidence in his arm, and ability to make all of the throws well, that he sometimes tries to force the pass into coverage.

What gave SCU the game, was us abandoning the running...

Jul 29, 2013, 8:17 PM

game after the 1st qtr.

You must have not watched the chicfila bowl, because….

Jul 29, 2013, 8:17 PM

Tajh was under pressure the whole game, and was throwing lasers.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic