Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OOC scheduling has been affected by the Notre Dame...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,459

OOC scheduling has been affected by the Notre Dame...

Aug 31, 2018, 1:11 PM

agreement with the ACC. They basically interrupted our rotation and created a 2-year gap with one lone "Home" year. So finding a P5 opponent with the same screwed up schedule who was willing to wait 3 years for the return trip from us is basically impossible.

So we've Got 7 Home games in 2024 and a Neutral site game, but leaves the original problem (2021)

If you look at the 2021 schedule we've already got 2 G5 opponents who are one-offs and no 1-AA teams. Since no P5 team will come to our place for a one-off game the 3 options are

1. Another Neutral site game. Unlikely because it would be a 6 home game year and we know who our AD feels about that.

2. Add a 1-AA team per normal and let the 2 G5's suffice.

3. Add a 3rd G5 team that has some name recognition to make sure our SOS doesn't suffer.

My Guess is we will be announcing another G5 opponent soon to go with Wyoming and UConn.

UCF, Boise State, Houston, Fresno State, Army, Navy, Airforce, Cinncinati would all be good options I think.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: OOC scheduling has been affected by the Notre Dame...

Aug 31, 2018, 1:44 PM

You do realize that you're confusing Swofford - right? He cannot comprehend multi-layered logic cuz UNCheat did not require him to actually attend classes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FCS. It hasn't been called 1-AA for 12 years***

Aug 31, 2018, 1:49 PM

It'll always be 1-AA to some of us.***

Aug 31, 2018, 1:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Mother of God...

Aug 31, 2018, 1:55 PM

the only solution is found by looking at Alabama's schedule this season. Pick out another D3 chump to trounce in Death Valley and look forward to taking it all out on ND the next time they muster up enough nerve to play a top ACC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2018, 2:01 PM

I thought they always wanted to play one in State small school to help with budgets (Furman, Citadel, SC State, Wofford). Seems like that spot would be SC State (and maybe their program doesn’t feel like it can even get out alive anymore) but maybe they want to hold it for Coastal as they build their program?

Aug 31, 2018, 2:58 PM

Coastal is No longer a 1-AA. Now part of the G5 and in the Sunbelt. Maybe that we help some. Either way, ticket prices should be lower in 2021, but I am not holding my breath.

Aug 31, 2018, 3:43 PM

Last time we had a hole like that we were able to schedule TCU for a one off. Probably end up with an FCS school to round out the schedule.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic