Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: GSU to receive over 1 million for 2018 game vs Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,088

FB Update: GSU to receive over 1 million for 2018 game vs Clemson

Jan 29, 2015, 8:42 PM

GSU to receive over 1 million for 2018 game vs Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: GSU to receive over 1 million for 2018 game vs Clemson

Jan 29, 2015, 8:57 PM

Should have probably left NC State out of the "no cupcake" talk...you mean the same 2014 NC State team that went 41-0 vs us?? Doesn't quite make it convincing...GT does though.

Jan 29, 2015, 9:42 PM

GSU is no cupcake at all. Granted the game vs. NCSU was close, and we blew NCSU out of the water, but I think we were a pretty good team last year, and in that game we hit on all cylinders. GSU has won, and they have won big, at every level since they started a FB program. Now, should we stomp them? Absolutely, but we, also, should stomp WF, Duke, UVA, UNC, etc. I think we are in a mode where we should be a factor in all games we play, but don't discount GSU. They think they can win, and they can. Their short history is rich. (Our long history is richer, though)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets hope they are more cupcake in 2018. We keep making

Jan 29, 2015, 9:10 PM

our OOC schedule more difficult we will never sniff the 4 team playoff.

Re: Lets hope they are more cupcake in 2018. We keep making

Jan 30, 2015, 10:24 AM

If we do not have a tougher OOC schedule we will never sniff the playoff.... ask TCU and Baylor if OOC matters..... last year FSU played ND, OkSt, and UF out of conference and might have been squeezed out of playoff till GaT beat UGa, we beat USC and they beat UF. The FSU beat GaT in the ACC championship... gave them the creds to stay in the top 4.

Dang! Isn't that what we paid TCU to come here?***

Jan 29, 2015, 9:34 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG: these "Erk Russell" guys might take our money & beat us

Jan 29, 2015, 9:44 PM

too! Watch out for these Bad Boys since they "do" know how to play ball. GoTiGERS~!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OMG: these "Erk Russell" guys might take our money & beat us

Jan 29, 2015, 9:51 PM

The difference between this program and others is, they expect to succeed. Period, end of story. Erk Russell was the brains behind ugay's success while Vince Dooly reeled in the big bucks. The reason Vince had the opportunity and the recognition was Erk Russell. Never forget that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2015, 9:49 PM

Can I borrow some to help pay for tuition?

Jan 29, 2015, 9:52 PM

Imagine what we must pay Wyoming then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will bring more fans than most ACC schools will.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:05 PM

I like it. Solid opponent that will give us great preparation for playing the Bees. Plus, it will be a great week later that season after they beat the Coots by double digits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: GSU to receive over 1 million for 2018 game vs Clemson***

Jan 30, 2015, 8:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

Jan 30, 2015, 8:51 AM

Ugh. That's pathetic. Why don't we schedule a home & home with a B1G team and get money from the publicity instead of pissing away $1.1 million for a single game? I know we play A&M but let's not forget that we're in the ACC and we're going to play some pretty weak teams throughout the year anyway. Going after a third quality OOC opponent should be a priority.

And yes, Georgia Southern is a cupcake. Let's not be complete lapdogs of the AD, please.

I don't see what we get out of this. This team is no

Jan 30, 2015, 10:12 AM

pushover and they get a million to travel 100 miles? Why? This is back room shadyness at work. We could've gotten anyone to play for less or scheduled up to a home and home series against an opponent that offers more towards perception. Oh well. Hopefully it works out better for us than Florida.

Re: I don't see what we get out of this. This team is no

Jan 30, 2015, 10:27 AM

We want to play teams from Georgia and NC, other than SC they are our best recruiting grounds....

What A Disappointment!

Jan 30, 2015, 11:12 AM

My first thought on reading the headline was "Great, we are going to play Grambling and we get to watch the Grambling band at halftime".

should receive 500k instead***

Jan 30, 2015, 12:11 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,088
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic