Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK libbies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 695

OK libbies

Jul 21, 2013, 10:25 AM

Zimmerman is not guilty and the FBI says there is no indication that he is racist. Can you guys please find the next race baiting, divisive murder case to jump on? This one is played out...

A young white kid named Marley Lion was gunned down in his car by three black men last year in Charleston, maybe you can get behind his case and protest his death...wait, nevermind. That doesn't fit your agenda. His slaying never made it past the local news.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if only the world was as simple

Jul 21, 2013, 10:47 AM

as simpletons wanna make it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Why don't you stop holding back. Go ahead

Jul 21, 2013, 11:13 AM

and toss the race bait. You know you want to. I know you want to. Everybody else knows you want to. Don't hide it. Go ahead.

How's it so complicated?

Nothing worse than a weak minded individual, that needs to be oppressed.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow..and a simpleton following

Jul 21, 2013, 2:52 PM

now connect the dots and see if you can figure out why the republican party can't currently win a presidential election.

GoTiguhs!!

First of all, I'm not a PUB

Jul 21, 2013, 3:01 PM

I was merely stating the fact that liberals love to play the "angry, racist, white man" card every chance they get.

The case against Zimmerman was a witch hunt from the beginning with the left wing media and POTUS feeding the fire. No way you can deny that, and if you do you're exactly part of the liberal crowd I was talking about in my original post.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The dots are connected. You can't beat free ####.***

Jul 21, 2013, 4:21 PM [ in reply to wow..and a simpleton following ]

Oh and, good luck with your pathetic oppression.***

Jul 21, 2013, 4:37 PM [ in reply to wow..and a simpleton following ]

sorry bozo, only you referred to oppression

Jul 21, 2013, 9:21 PM

as far as i can tell, everything you've railed against in this thread is stuff you fabricated..you're swinging at phantoms.

GoTiguhs!!

bs

Jul 22, 2013, 10:49 AM

bozo? Really?

Seems as yhough I hit the nail on the head. Reduce you to name calling. Sorry about your crutch.

Only in amerka can a hispanic guy shoot a black guy

Jul 21, 2013, 11:13 AM

and be found not guilty by 6 women, and have it all be blamed on the white man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was actually a new race called "White Hispanic"

Jul 21, 2013, 11:20 AM

being Hispanic alone would not have gotten the response the Left wanted.

So they created a new race...

I guess our first "black" POTUS is a White Black using the same logic.

White is a race Hispanic is an ethnicity

Jul 21, 2013, 12:17 PM

HTH

For srs when you fill out anything now you pick white, black, asian, what ever and then it asks hispanic - yes/no?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever...

Jul 21, 2013, 12:19 PM

the left knew exactly what they were doing when they put that label on him.

Call it what you want, I call it race baiting.

Re: White is a race Hispanic is an ethnicity

Jul 22, 2013, 7:52 PM [ in reply to White is a race Hispanic is an ethnicity ]

So messicans are white?

I agree with racial profiling but I wouldn't like it

Jul 21, 2013, 12:24 PM

if I was profiled.

I also agree with long haired middle aged men being profiled as meth head criminals. I'll bet Ted Nugent wouldn't like this either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with racial profiling but I wouldn't like it

Jul 21, 2013, 2:31 PM

You have to flip a coin or read a poll to see what you like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but I am capable of having an original thought.***

Jul 21, 2013, 3:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, but I am capable of having an original thought.***

Jul 21, 2013, 4:58 PM

I also agree with long haired middle aged men being profiled as meth head criminals. I'll bet Ted Nugent wouldn't like this either.

Well, you haven't hit the original thought process with this one, so keep trying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, but I am capable of having an original thought.***

Jul 21, 2013, 7:31 PM

clearly the trial was a government conspiracy to take away our guns.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When were the 3 acquitted? How did they claim self defense?***

Jul 22, 2013, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, fella. You win.

Jul 22, 2013, 9:37 AM

Despite all our attempts to make that court case about race, it was all just superficial. There was no merit to it.

Now that we have that out of the way, I'd like to ask you a question. Do you think that minorities get a fair shake in our judicial system?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In general, I do.***

Jul 22, 2013, 9:50 AM

How did you form that opinion?***

Jul 22, 2013, 10:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zimmerman is a minority.

Jul 22, 2013, 10:52 AM

The judicial system is a boogyman, out to get the minorities.

Good lowered.

I'm not talking about Zimmerman.

Jul 22, 2013, 11:04 AM

I'm asking if you think the judicial system gives minorities in-general a fair shake, and why.

Yes. Why?

Jul 22, 2013, 11:29 AM

Because, there are rules of law, that are strictly followed.

Am I to assume that you think they do not? Why?

De facto discrimination, yes.

Jul 22, 2013, 3:10 PM

Because the facts bear it out, particularly in sentencing.

De jure discrimination, it's a little more complicated... I don't think the system is intentionally biased against race. At least, it hasn't been biased in a long time.

However, I do think the system is biased against those who are less wealthy due to the shoddy state of public defense. By extension, this leads to a situation where minorities are overwhelmingly disadvantaged. So, it is indeed an institutional problem leading to de facto discrimination.

I think this happens in other parts of society, too. Here's an interesting example of what happens in medicine:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/opinion/sunday/reactions-by-nurture-not-nature.html

For example, countless studies have shown that physicians’ immediate, unconscious reactions to racial minorities lead them to undertreat black patients. In one study published in the Journal of General Internal Medicine in 2007, researchers asked several hundred doctors about a hypothetical 50-year-old male patient who showed up with chest pain. The researchers gave the doctors a photograph of the man, randomly varying his race. Half saw him as white; half saw him as black.

Sure enough, although the doctors insisted they were not racially biased, they were more likely to prescribe thrombolysis, an anti-blood-clotting procedure, for the white patient, while giving the black patient a less-aggressive prescription. The doctors didn’t appear racist, yet their unconscious snap reactions led them to treat blacks differently — the very definition of racism.

Re: De facto discrimination, yes.

Jul 22, 2013, 3:24 PM

Don't really agree with the writer's definition of racism... "The doctors didn’t appear racist, yet their unconscious snap reactions led them to treat blacks differently — the very definition of racism."

Certainly shows some prejudice.

I tend toward a little more aggressive response to racial differences in differentiating between prejudice, or racial animus, and racism.

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
•prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief
that one’s own race is superior

http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/racism

But many do define racism a little more broadly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Check his source

Jul 22, 2013, 7:55 PM

NYT. Enough said. And over a year old. He had to dig deep in google for that one.

LOL. Enough said? I disagree with the writer's definiton of

Jul 23, 2013, 8:08 AM

racism, but many commonly accepted references do seem to equate racism and prejudice.

The more important piece from that story is the study showing inherent bias in the doctors' treatment of patients based on skin color. You seem quite willing to ignore that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

This may shock you,

Jul 23, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Check his source ]

But yes, I do occasionally read the NYT and remember the content of those articles over a period of time.

As an example, many years ago I read an article there about the three-toed tree sloth. It has a very low metabolism, to the point that it takes about 30 minutes to drown when submerged.

I don't care to google it, but I'm sure you can find it if you try.

Or, you can just deny that the three toed tree sloth exists. Your call, buddy.

Shouldn't you be the one defending that they....

Jul 22, 2013, 11:27 AM [ in reply to How did you form that opinion?*** ]

don't get a fair shake?

I've read a good bit on this subject over the years and remain unconvinced that the "system", in general, is not fair for minorities.

Are you serious?

Jul 22, 2013, 11:56 AM

How else can the overcrowding of our prison system, with minorities, be explain otherwise? Can't be that minorities are the ones, overwhelmingly, perpetuating crime.

Intersting, since most of what I see indicates whites

Jul 22, 2013, 12:18 PM

arrested far more often than blacks for crimes.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

Of course, disparities in conviction rates and sentence lenghts help to make the prison population different from criminal arrests.

In the interest of full disclosure, the "whites" posted in

Jul 22, 2013, 12:29 PM

that table, the category includes Hispanics. I think Hispanics, or Latinos, will be treated independently starting next year.

I did not realize that. Should make for a more interesting

Jul 22, 2013, 12:35 PM

discussion.

And, with that disclosure, you probably shouldn't have even

Jul 22, 2013, 12:42 PM

bother posting that ####.

"they" may have taken over football and basketball

Jul 22, 2013, 12:39 PM [ in reply to In the interest of full disclosure, the "whites" posted in ]

But we will always have swimming and D.U.I.'s.....Go Team Cracka.

I found the DUI thing interesting. Is it an enconomic thing?

Jul 22, 2013, 12:44 PM

Do African Americans have less cars, or don't go out to drink but stay at home?

Or is it more sociological? Maybe they're just smarter than us on drinking and driving?

Hispanics are white, we know that from zimmerman case***

Jul 22, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to In the interest of full disclosure, the "whites" posted in ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Racially, theoretically. But since there are those who want

Jul 22, 2013, 1:41 PM

argue that as an ethnic minority, they get arrested, convicted, imprisoned, etc. disproportionately to their population, the FBI is adding that ethnic breakdown.

Interesting..

Jul 22, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Intersting, since most of what I see indicates whites ]

The percentage distribution shows blacks are arrested is twice the black population. Must be profiling.

Only a million plus blacks in America? That is intredasting.***

Jul 22, 2013, 12:36 PM

It says "percentage". Don't get emotional. I'll confuse you

Jul 22, 2013, 12:38 PM

with joeg

LOL. Who's emotional?

Jul 22, 2013, 12:42 PM

Percentage distribution is relative to criminal arrests, not population. hth.

Who's emotional? You are.

Jul 22, 2013, 12:45 PM

That same distribution percentage shows that black tote 26% of the total which happens to be twice the population of blacks, as a percentage.

I really do suck at math but, that ain't hard.

Uh, ok.***

Jul 22, 2013, 1:15 PM

Yeah, I basically say that in a post above.

Jul 22, 2013, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Shouldn't you be the one defending that they.... ]

That said, I think it's fair to ask someone with an opinion how they came to that conclusion.

Otherwise, the answer would have been "I don't have an opinion."

Yet, you chose to post an NYT opinion.

Jul 22, 2013, 4:18 PM

NYT....lulz

Why are you people all concerned about my NYT post?

Jul 23, 2013, 10:33 AM

It wasn't even supporting the original argument. I just thought it was interesting. Geez, you're a sensitive bunch.

Well here's a short statement....

Jul 22, 2013, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I basically say that in a post above. ]

I added the "in general" to my statement, because I believe that there could be some degree of racism in the justice system. I tend to think that to the degree that it might exist that it is not "direct". An example, might be what you mention above about lack of quality representation...but that really is more against the "poor" than "blacks" specifically.

As for sentencing statistics, I think that those are tough statistics to parse cleanly. There are just too many variables to draw a conclusion that blacks gets treated worse simply because of their skin color. I believe a lot of it could have to do with other factors...behavior and attitude for one example.

So, I come from a perspective that our justice system is essentially fair and I've not been convinced otherwise by some of the statistics.

Thanks.

Jul 23, 2013, 10:34 AM

I think you and I generally agree.

Here ya go.

Jul 22, 2013, 10:08 AM

http://wilton.patch.com/groups/opinion/p/antonio-west--not-trayvon

I'm kinda surprised some true blue conservative hasn't brought this one up yet. Or maybe I missed it when it popped up.

lulz at the link

Jul 22, 2013, 12:33 PM

If Obama had a city it would be Detroit

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roderick Scott says "me neither!"***

Jul 22, 2013, 2:02 PM

Re: OK libbies

Jul 23, 2013, 2:06 PM

So sad what happened to that kid. The Missi McLauchlin story was another one I remember well. She didn't get much press either.

Sorting by modification is krzy.....krzzzzyyyyyyyy***

Oct 29, 2013, 9:15 AM

Replies: 56
| visibility 695
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic