Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK fellas. I know you all have been waiting on Ole Spud's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

OK fellas. I know you all have been waiting on Ole Spud's

Nov 20, 2017, 11:23 PM

Orange Colored Glasses analysis of the upcoming beat down of South Carolina. So, here it is. Looking at all of our games,as I sit here halfway watching The Voice, with Mrs. Spud soundly asleep on the couch, I have gathered this much from my sources.

1. In our 12 games this year, we have held about 8 of them to their lowest output of the year on offense. And a couple more were their second lowest.

2. Only one team gained more yards than their season average. And we all know that was an anomaly.
3. We held these teams to an average of about 125 yards less than their season average.(If you take out our game in their average, I bet it would be more like 150.00 per game)
4. The Coots only convert on 3rd down .401 percent of the time(63rd in the country)
5. Our defense holds the opponent on 3rd down .32 percent of the time(21st in the country)
6. The Coots defense holds the opponent on 3rd down .42 percent of the time(95th in the country)
7. 5 of the teams the coots played in the SEC had offenses ranked 100 or worse.
8. The Coot defense is ranked behind Virginia Tech,Duke,Georgia Tech,Florida St., and Virginia.
9. The Coot offense is ranked behind...well, ### near everybody.

We are averaging 35 pts. a game and have scored at least 24 in every game but Auburn. Kelly's first start on the road. I fully expect us to score 30 or more. I just don't see the Coots scoring over 15 points. Unless they get a fumble return or pick six which I don't think is very likely, I think they put about 10 on the board. The best team they have beaten is NC State and that, in my and nearly every reasonable person's opinion, was a fluke. Opening KO for a TD by Deebo( ooops, they don't have Deebo), NC State fumble of KO on their own 12,etc.etc.

I think we run for 200 plus and throw for about 200 more. Unless we fumble this game away, I don't see the Coots with over 250 yards offense.

Spud's Spin

Tigers 37
Coots 10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Nov 20, 2017, 11:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK fellas. I know you all have been waiting on Ole Spud's

Nov 20, 2017, 11:50 PM

As solid an analysis as one will find on the upcoming rivalry game .
Stepping out of that though ... The Voice ? Spud .

The Voice ?

Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I said, I was listening while doing football analysis, so I

Nov 21, 2017, 12:02 AM

am good to go.

I like it SpuD but score sounds a little fishy

Nov 21, 2017, 12:12 AM

since I'm thinking 56-7.

But again, that was last year!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 5:30 AM

'Kelly's first start on the road"?!?!

Hey Spud...

Nov 21, 2017, 6:32 AM

I gave you a TU after only reading #1, but need to correct you on a couple things...

5. Our defense holds the opponent on 3rd down .742 of the time, good for 5th in the country.
6. The Coots hold their opponents .576 of the time, good for 96th in the country. (You inverted the stat.)

Kelly's first start on the road was at Louisville.

With that said, I completely agree with your prediction of the game. The only way they stand a chance is to win the turnover battle by a large margin.

The Voice, really? With MNF on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yep, we have to give it to them. I don't see them running

Nov 21, 2017, 6:49 AM

the ball on us. Make Jake throw and we are gonna get 5 plus sacks. We have big corners and big safeties, so those 50/50 balls on 3rd down will be 30/70 balls.....I did see the end of the game last night. Thought the Falcons were going to blow another one....

Not watching NFL this year due to kneeling during anthem.

Nov 21, 2017, 7:16 AM

And boycotting their sponsors except for Anheuser-Busch.

So I didn't watch it either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

^^^ DITTO THIS ^^^ Not watching NFL ...

Nov 21, 2017, 9:04 AM

And don’t flag me for late hits, HOWEVER, I also noted the several ‘typos’ in your otherwise spot on analysis!

Oh, and I’m pulling for the girl from Piedmont, SC on the Voice.... hated to see the Citadel grad not make the final 12.....

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sounds about right Spud, though if Dabo wasn't such a

Nov 21, 2017, 6:53 AM

nice guy, this could be another 56-7 game easily!! Our coach just won't keep the boot on the throat for the entire game, even to embarrass the yard birds!

Go Tigers!!!

Nov 21, 2017, 7:10 AM

Very good analysis. The harder you look at both teams the harder it is for me to believe the people that say that this game will be close. This SC team reminds me a lot of last year's team in that their "improvement" as a team, especially on defense, is propped up by a weak schedule. We heard the same thing about how improved they were on defense last year and it seemed that way on the stat sheet until they got to the last three games and got to playing offenses outside of the SEC. Western Carolina scored more on them last year than any of their SEC opponents. Their struggle on offense speaks for itself. I just don't buy the gamecocks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 7:32 AM

Time will tell, but I do believe you are pretty close to correct. Coots are no match for us. It really is just that simple. We have played and beaten better competition, and our depth is so much superior to theirs. All the substituting during the year, while allowing games to finish closer than we like, has provided quality experience and depth reinforcement most teams dream about. Coots go down in flames again, and Willie Brice is devoid of garnet by mid-3rd quarter. I just hope Dabo really does let us make a statement here.

We have everyone back on defense for this game. I can hardly

Nov 21, 2017, 7:36 AM

remember the last time we had Dex and Christian on the field at the same time..If they can push that pocket back, Ferrell and Bryant will have a field day.

Re: We have everyone back on defense for this game. I can hardly

Nov 28, 2017, 8:46 AM

Our assessments were spot on! It was, in fact, a beat down of epic proportion. They had no correct answers, and their qb looked very lost the entire game. Not surprising at all!

That score works for me.****

Nov 21, 2017, 7:52 AM

I said it would be 38-12.

Nov 21, 2017, 7:56 AM

If you think they are crossing our goal line you're full of chit. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say 42-10, but I'll take 14-10 if I have to.***

Nov 21, 2017, 8:04 AM

Should I send this to Reese?***

Nov 22, 2017, 8:06 AM

I took a quick look at some stats and it's true that

Nov 22, 2017, 8:19 AM

we are better statistically than them against better competition.

We rank higher in rushing offense and we played against better rushing defenses (on average).

We rank higher in passing offense and we played against better passing defenses (on average).

We rank higher in rushing defense and we played against better rushing offenses (on average).

We rank higher in passing defense and we played against better passing offenses (on average).

You never know, that's why they play the game, but on paper, we are in good shape. And being healthy is nice also.

I will add that we have played night games at Louisville and Virginia Tech this season. South Carolina is a larger venue but I think we have shown that a hostile night crowd isn't going to do us in.

null

Yep.***

Nov 22, 2017, 8:22 AM

Re: Yep.***

Nov 22, 2017, 8:58 AM

I realize our stats are much better, but the game ain't played on paper, it's played on the the field. I have witnessed around 60 of these games and have seen some strange things happen. We can not expect to win by just showing up.

We can win, but here's what I think it will take:

1. Proper mental attitude
2. Forget last year
3. Do not let them feed off of their crowd early
4. Establish, gain and maintain control of the line of scrimmage early in the game
5. Be prepared for every gimmick possible
6. Be prepared for cheap shots and in your face trash talk/do not retaliate
7. Use our strengths to exploit their weaknesses
8. Play loose but not stupid
9. Remember this is the first game of a four game season to make it back to the championship

10. Tigers win 35-13

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2017, 11:07 AM

Awesome!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Spud was pretty accurate indeed!***

Nov 26, 2017, 11:12 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic