Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK Pubs, time to face the truth, I'm sick of your lies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

OK Pubs, time to face the truth, I'm sick of your lies

Oct 31, 2012, 4:45 AM

ALBANY, N.Y. — New Yorkers on Tuesday cheered the extraordinary rescues that saved hundreds of lives in and around New York City in the midst of Superstorm Sandy, but New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said it's time to brace for more of the same havoc which he blames on climate change.

About a dozen New Yorkers died in the raging floods, collapsing structures and fast-spreading fires Monday night leading to 156 rescues by New York City and state police, Cuomo said.

"I'm hopeful that not only will we rebuild this city and metropolitan area, but that we use this as an opportunity to build it back smarter," Cuomo said.

"There has been a series of extreme weather incidents. That is not a political statement, that is a factual statement ... Anyone who says there's not a dramatic change in weather patterns, I think is denying reality," Cuomo said.

A 2010 report titled "New York State Sea Level Rise Task Force Report to the Legislature" by a task force created in 2007 includes the same warning and some recommendations. It states New York Harbor's level has increased 15 inches in the past 150 years, with harbor tide gauges showing a rise of between 4 and 6 inches since 1960.

"Sea level rise and coastal flooding from storm surge are already affecting and will increasingly affect New York's entire ocean and estuarine coastline from Montauk Point to the Battery and up the Hudson River to the federal ### at Troy," the report stated. "The likelihood that powerful storms will hit New York State's coastline is very high, as is the associated threat to human life and coastal infrastructure. This vulnerability will increase in area and magnitude over time."

Few recommendations of the little noticed report appear to have been enacted.

"We have a new reality when it comes to these weather patterns. We have an old infrastructure and we have old systems, and that is not a good combination. And that's one of the lessons I'm going to take from this, personally."

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP1430f744d5a14e6f936ab215cf61afe1.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1950's say otherwise

Oct 31, 2012, 6:30 AM

I consider myself a moderate environmentalist and conservationist. Sadly, they have become political talking points and the amount of factual data is rarely broad and accurate in a political environment. We are effecting the climate of our planet, but not nearly in the way some think.

Yes, Mr. Coumo, you are making a political statement.

http://judithcurry.com/2011/09/05/weather-weirding-back-to-the-1950s/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting... this was written in August.

Oct 31, 2012, 6:36 AM

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/story/2012-07-31/Joe-Bastardi-WeatherBELL-Analytics/56623728/1

GROCE

Oct 31, 2012, 9:13 AM

"Emissions juice the atmosphere"

Yep. Blog posts trumps published science literature

Oct 31, 2012, 2:00 PM [ in reply to 1950's say otherwise ]

every time. Cuomo's an idiot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I thought Barack said he would stop the rise of the sea?!?!

Oct 31, 2012, 7:21 AM

Some messiah you people chose.

Why does Barack hate New Jersey and New York?

Oct 31, 2012, 8:10 AM

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Jews, obviously***

Oct 31, 2012, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Cuomo was on NBC Nightly News last night.

Oct 31, 2012, 8:58 AM

I will paraphrase: We are seeing flooding and disasters like this much more frequently.

Next sentence: I haven't seen anything like this in my lifetime.

Well, once is much more frequent than never, I guess.

once is more frequent than never***

Oct 31, 2012, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Weather is unpredictable.

Oct 31, 2012, 9:06 AM

We've only been doing it about 100 years or so. Perhaps that 100 years was the anomaly?

Climate does change on our earth. I'm on board.

I'm not causing it, but I'm on board that the weather does indeed change.

Few people are denying that humans are a partial cause.

Oct 31, 2012, 10:24 AM

It's been a long road, but we're finally at the point where the only disagreement is not whether, but the extent to which, humans are a factor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

.00000001% of the cause does not the cause make

Oct 31, 2012, 11:38 AM

we are actually in one of the most stable periods in the earth's history.

do we really want to get mother nature back into her groove?

You are the most awesomest scientist ever.***

Oct 31, 2012, 11:44 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I am equally adept at readin' Writin and 'Rithmatic***

Oct 31, 2012, 11:49 AM

Let's assume we're 5 billion years old.

Oct 31, 2012, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Few people are denying that humans are a partial cause. ]

we've got 100 years of measured (observed) data.

The rest we've looked back and have seen wild swings in the climate through out the 5 billion years.

yet somehow the 100 years is enough to give us a representative sample of data to draw conclusions on? These Sandy alarmists are talking as if we've had gigantic hurricanes every year for the past decade.

It would have made more of a case of this with the Hugo/Andrew double punch in 89 and 92 than looking at te relatively mild hurricane seasons we've had since Katrina.

Re: Let's assume we're 5 billion years old.

Oct 31, 2012, 1:09 PM

I see your point.

P.S. Why don't we just ask zettner? He is 5 billion years old.

- Jonathan Swift

5 billion? Try 6000 and this flood was minor compared to

Oct 31, 2012, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Let's assume we're 5 billion years old. ]

past floods.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK Pubs, time to face the truth, I'm sick of your lies

Oct 31, 2012, 9:19 AM

Global warming = myth

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

I'm sorry...

Oct 31, 2012, 9:20 AM

about DGUARJELLO's dad's boat.

HIS boat you're concerned about?

Oct 31, 2012, 9:30 AM

while the criminals who absconded with C4L's pontoon are still at large?

Well yeah.

Oct 31, 2012, 9:37 AM

C4L's alleged criminals have probably amassed a fleet of pontoon boats by now, so devilishly clever are they. They should be rewarded for their criminal genius, absconding with their largesse in full view of their victims.

This criminal hurricane however, just up and bashed that innocent boat up against a bridge. That's just juvenile.

Those terrorists should be brought to justice.***

Oct 31, 2012, 1:58 PM [ in reply to HIS boat you're concerned about? ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Oct 31, 2012, 11:09 AM

LOL.

North America was once covered in ice.

The poles were once lush jungles.

Climate changes. Always has, always will.

Oct 31, 2012, 11:21 AM

The only thing credible about Cuomo is that he is tapping Sandra Lee. And, she does have nice bewbies.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic