Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson defense continues to shine on Thursday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson defense continues to shine on Thursday

Aug 6, 2015, 8:21 PM

Clemson defense continues to shine on Thursday

Day three of 2015 fall practice is in the books and the defense is ahead of the offense, Jay Guillermo had a good day and Clemson’s starting kicker could be a walk-on from Blythewood. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson defense continues to shine on Thursday

Aug 6, 2015, 8:29 PM

We should kick a lot of fgs vs Wofford and app state.

Aug 7, 2015, 8:05 AM

We going to only need one. Wofford will not pass our 40 if that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prefer to kick 0 FGs and a lot of PATs

Aug 7, 2015, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson defense continues to shine on Thursday ]

Just sayin...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2015, 8:32 PM

Thanks David. Good stuff as usual. What's the practice schedule times for Friday & Saturday?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2015, 10:37 PM

Thanks David. I was thinking that Jalen Williams was gonna impress this year. His film from HS is amazing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry, but I can't help but be concerned about the OLine

Aug 7, 2015, 1:10 AM

I know we have a good D line, but this didn't sound too promising.

Re: I'm sorry, but I can't help but be concerned about the OLine

Aug 7, 2015, 9:01 AM

OOOOOOOOH no, the sky is falling;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here here

Aug 7, 2015, 4:00 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry, but I can't help but be concerned about the OLine ]

totally agree

Aug 7, 2015, 2:51 AM

We are only three days into practice. There are probably alot of different combinations being run in and out on the O line. Coaching staff trying to get the right combinations to see what works and the players to make up those combinations. Give the O line time, they will gel and stop the D and light it up. GO TIGERS !!!!

Aug 7, 2015, 3:16 AM

I'm with you on this one... our o-line is obviously a little inexperienced, but going up against this d-line in practice everyday??? not many teams on the schedule this year will be much better if ANY better. .. The best coaching they're getting right now if trying to defend those D monsters.. If they can get a hold on these guys, they'll be fine on gameday.

Aug 7, 2015, 7:49 AM

I always thought that it's typical for the D to shine more than the O in the early sessions. I have grown to accept that.

Of course, we probably need to mix in some 2's with the 1's on D so our D would be similar to the one's our O will face this year. :)

With the talent we have on O, they will indeed have their day.

Yea, seems pretty typical for...

Aug 7, 2015, 4:02 PM

240 lb true freshman to beat 310 lb Junior/Seniors. :(

NOT!

Steel sharpens steel.

Aug 7, 2015, 8:10 AM

The one thing we know about these young Olinemen is they not only have talent, they're full of pride. This won't sit well with them. Not well at all. They'll come back today with something to prove. Probably sooner rather than later, we'll be hearing about a lot of scuffles involving some of these future stars because they're fighters. They won't take this abuse without fighting back.

Don't worry about these kids. They're learning by going up against some of the best Dlinemen they will ever see on the collegiate level. And they won't back down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Steel sharpens steel.

Aug 7, 2015, 10:09 AM

Well maybe the ones that have been wiping away the tear drops all summer bc they were worried about our D not holding their own, can now put away their pocket pack of kleenex tissues. You can not and will not have the #1 defense in all of college FB in as many different factors of the total defense as we did last year without our backups being as good as the starters. You have to have starters, and that will usually be the guys that has been on the team the longest unless, some of the younger guys are just clearly that much better than the veterans. But somebody has to start, and that doesn't mean the starter is better than the backups, if they are equal, the veteran will start and rightfully so. Having patients in waiting to see what the finished product is going to be like is a great trait for a fan of sports to have. Patience is a must for not becoming a miserable sports fan!!! Worrying about the wheels coming off before you ever feel the shake is a wasted concern!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed he didn't say anything about anyone beating Mitch

Aug 7, 2015, 10:43 AM

Hyatt?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O-line concerns

Aug 7, 2015, 3:59 PM

Ok, I expect Watkins, Lawson and Reader to have their share of won battles.
But, when 2nd and 3rd string guys are wooping our OL, that doesn't make me feel
good. I expected the OL to be a huge concern, and everything tells me... that's
STILL THE CASE.

Not good

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic