Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris previews N.C. State, says physical corners will be a challenge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris previews N.C. State, says physical corners will be a challenge

Nov 12, 2012, 1:18 PM

Morris previews N.C. State, says physical corners will be a challenge

Clemson offensive coordinator remembers Clemson's loss to N.C. State last season, and thinks the Wolfpack will come into this year's game with the same physical gameplan. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Main thing I'm looking for is more energy from the team

Nov 12, 2012, 1:22 PM

they were really flat vs MD. Hard to blame them though, MD were the walking wounded. Lets get some revenge this week and next!!

Time to prove that we belong Tigers

Nov 12, 2012, 1:28 PM

Finish these last two games strong and snag a BCS spot.

Exactly, this is what they've been playing all year for

Nov 12, 2012, 2:47 PM

a shot at revenge on NCST and USuC with a sugar bowl spot on the line. Time to show they've improved and matured from last year and that Clemson belongs in the conversation with national top 10 teams. Time to put up or shut up now.

Agreed come out fired up and take care of buisness

Nov 12, 2012, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Main thing I'm looking for is more energy from the team ]

if NC ST wants to play press man coverage we'll do the same thing we did to Duke and torch them thrugh the air. Just keep Tajh clean and they won't have a shot. Tajh's ability to run is also a big help in this game. If they get too agressive he'll run right at them and get chunk yards until they pull the dogs back which then allow us to hit them for a big play

No excuse not to be fired up for these next two

Nov 12, 2012, 2:41 PM

games!! Revenge for two beatdowns last year and a seat in the sugar bowl on the line. Lots to play for, lots of motivation!

And our starters should be rested...

Nov 12, 2012, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Main thing I'm looking for is more energy from the team ]

they haven't played a full game in about a month!

Amerson is overrated. UT, Miami, et al, abused him.

Nov 12, 2012, 1:58 PM

UT's receivers burned Amerson repeatedly. Miami completed 4 TD passes to Amerson-covered receivers.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1365342-nfl-draft-stock-report-whats-wrong-with-david-amerson

Interestingly, this past summer, CBS Sports correctly predicted that Amerson was overrated because of the way he got his picks last season.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/19836147/acc-5-overrated-players-for-2012

Glad that there aren't any Clemson dudes on the overrated list

Nov 12, 2012, 2:10 PM

I was about to post that this time I diagreed with Morris.

Nov 12, 2012, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Amerson is overrated. UT, Miami, et al, abused him. ]

You beat me to it.

UT and Miami lit him up.

If they try to single cover both Sammy and Nuk, they are going to get lit up again.

Nuk is begging for press man coverage

Nov 12, 2012, 2:45 PM

He's so much stronger this year, he'll kill them if they play that. Sammy, we'll move all over and motion him so he gets a free release from the line with no jam on him.

Two Game Season

Nov 12, 2012, 3:12 PM

I have no clue how good our Tigers are; the ACC is pathetic and this team's focus has waned, understandably so, the past few weeks. However, it's crunch time and we need to dial it back up. Sometimes, when you lose your "edge", it is tough to get it back. I'm hoping that we find that edge, hang a quick 35 on the Pack and put Glennon on his rear-end about 10 times. I am hopeful by the end of the 3Q, AE and company will be running wild and the Pack let the clock run as fast as it can.

Quite honestly, NCSU is a decent team that plays well against us BUT if we can't put our foot on their throats and bury them, we have no reason to complain about any bowl game. This conference is awful and unless we can play great football against quality teams, we need to just realize we have not earned a better bowl.

Put the hammer down this Saturday and make the Lamecocks think long and hard about coming into DV with any expectation of keeping it competitive, much less winning. It's time to play Big Boy Football!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Morris previews N.C. State, says physical corners will be a challenge

Nov 12, 2012, 3:52 PM

Sadly, this won't even be a game. This will be total, complete domination by a team that is of a completely different talent level than NC State. State has 0 depth, WR's that cannot catch the football, and bad secondary. David Amerson is a total joke. If I am Chad Morris, I single out David Amerson every time i can. He will get destroyed by Sammy/Nuk.

State has no run game, although Shadrack Thornton has been a pretty good little player. The offensive line is typically terrible at pass protection and when Glennon doesn't have any time, he makes mistakes. Given time, he's a good QB. But again, WR's do nothing but drop passes.

There is nothing that I've seen this year (as a State fan) that would indicate any sort of competitive game on Saturday. Clemson's offense is too electric. Clemson's offense is much better than FSU, and Clemson is a much better TEAM than FSU is.

The only way NC State takes this game into the 3rd quarter is with a flurry of Clemson turnovers in their own red zone.

Key to beating Amerson

Nov 12, 2012, 4:09 PM

is to take him deep. He loves to jump curl and slant routes and that's where he gets his picks, if you take him deep with Sammy and Martavis he'll be left in the dust.

Re: Front Page Story: Morris previews N.C. State, says physical corners will be a challenge

Nov 12, 2012, 6:30 PM

NCST is like every team in the country. They will give you their best game at home. They will be in our house this time. And we will give them our best shot in Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic