Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 1, 2019, 7:54 AM

Friday night, ...it had been far too long since a proper gathering of the concert crew, So RH, Shorty, and I, along with our respective lady folk went to see Hayes Carll at the zoo. After show off to Chicora Alley with some of Sharkgirls friends.

Saturday, mowed the lawn in the morning for a change. It was till too wet in some ares at 10 am. Off to lunch at Ink and Ivy with those same Sharkgirl friends. The found a Cool Storage fishing shirt for half off at Mast. Home to be lazy for a bit, out for beers, learned that Shorty's son's basketball team is a bunch of bullies, home to crash.

Sunday, mostly lazy, did a little bit of unpacking did not move the furniture like I' d hoped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 1, 2019, 7:59 AM

Friday, cooked up some dang good caser-deeyers.

Sattidy, did some yard work (which is ironic since I don't have a yard), cleaned the boat & took it for a spin, grilled up a orange-maple glazed salmon and watched the Apollo 11 movie on CNN.

Sunday, took the kiddo and her friends to the quarry and a rope swing in the next cove over. Crashed early.

9/10 cuz I dozed off for 15 minutes and missed Neil and Buzz leaving the moon. Woke up in time ofr re-entry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Purdy good

Jul 1, 2019, 8:02 AM

Friday up early and drove and drove and drove to get to Emerald Isle so the wife could have her annual swim in the ocean. Nice beach but the loose sand from the refurbishment sure does manage to get washed into places where sand shouldn’t be.

On to Swansboro for an excellent dinner of poached grouper and the best fried shrimp I’ve ever had (apparently less is more when it comes to the batter) at Riverside Steak & Seafood thanks to @diretiger’s recommendation.

Saturday was filled with sun and sweat at the NC Pacific Arts Festival.
Learned what lumpias are - a Polynesian treat that is a delicious cross between an egg roll and a taquito, listened to a lot of cheesy music, learned how to cook a whole hog with hot rocks and wet burlap, participated in a Hakka, and came to appreciate how many different forms of hula there are.
Back to town for an awesome Mediterranean supper of 3 meat souvlaki and lemon chicken. (again thanks to DireTiger® )

Sunday we went to the Aquarium at Pine Knoll, hit a really good pizza place in Kinston (don’t remember the name but it’s right across the street from MEB) and enjoyed a couple of flights at the Mother Earth Brewing taproom followed by 5 hours of mind numbing driving.

10/10 probably won’t do the festival in the next couple of years but will do again at some point.

Back to reality today - wife gets a wisdom tooth out. It’s the first time the lucky so and so has ever had to have anesthesia and she’s freaking out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Mave Eatthews Band?

Jul 1, 2019, 8:07 AM

My son had his wisdom teeth out last week. All 5 of them.

Yes, 5.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

5?

Jul 1, 2019, 8:14 AM

Wow, wonder where he gets all that wisdom from?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Purdy good

Jul 1, 2019, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Purdy good ]

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I survived

Jul 1, 2019, 8:02 AM

Fri - left work at 2:30, cut grass, picked up a dozen herring, hooked up boat, went to Clarks Hill for Bowfishing and running jugs. We shot 9, and put 8 cats in the livewell

Sat - stayed a lil late, drove while completely exhausted until I arrived home at 5:00 a.m.

Tried to repair pull down faucet hose. Failed

Sun - Church in the morning, made a run to family Dollar, grilled steaks, back to Church for 4th celebration and fireworks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very fine

Jul 1, 2019, 8:04 AM

Fri - piddled around during the day. Supper at Luigi's in Augusta with family and friends. The greek pork chops were good, but the greek chicken is better so next time it will be back to the greek chicken. Sang a little karaoke with the wife, then home for redhead things.

Sat - chores around the house mostly during the day. Had to come into work for a few hours to finish some things due by the end of the quarter, so that sucked. Supper at Red Pepper Cafe to celebrate brother's impending birthday, which is tomorrow. The wagyu beef was just ok. A few beers at the Taproom downtown to finish off the night.

Sun - spend time running errands around town. Watched some of Nate Lashley winning the golf tournamnet, great thing to see him win after what he has been through. Made some awesome burgers for supper on my new grill/griddle attachment that sits on top of the gas cooktop. More chores around the house before bed.

TL,DR: good food, chores, redhead things and beer. 7.5/10. Didn't suck, would do again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Whale.....

Jul 1, 2019, 8:22 AM

Saturday werked. Got two reports done and one corrected and sent out. Went to see a movie. I feel compelled to do this once a year. Toy Story 4 had the honors. Disappoint about as expected. Ate at Waffle House (also feel compelled to do this at least once a year). Sunday went to fix mom's water, photograph her downed tree/dock damage, replaced 3 interior door knobs. Set up her PC on a VPN, she read about them somewhere. Checked her mail and treated her water system and trimmed her bushes and bought her $300 worth of groceries. Afternoon niece's birthday party at a skating rink. Bought our own household groceries and saw Dad Sunday too.

Overall 7.1463/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm open for business.

Jul 1, 2019, 8:26 AM

My PA reduced my BP meds again last week after testing my BP sitting and standing. It dropped from 111/65 sitting to 95/55 standing. She also took away the water pill.

Sat was the third day of adjusted medications and I worked productively on my project for 6 hours. My thinking cleared a bit and my body cooperated with my brain. I got a lot done and done correctly. No technical details cause it would bore you all.

Sun was the same maybe a bit better. I cleaned up and organized the final vinyl and leather parts to color, identifying the pieces and assembling them for final processing before installation. Did some cleaning in the house too.

I thank God I can work again. I had no idea it was that valuable to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I’m lactose intolerant because

Jul 1, 2019, 8:32 AM

here I sit, intensely ######## out a quite productive weekend.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 1, 2019, 8:37 AM

Meh. Lots of rain and heat. I did watch a movie I thought was interesting. It's not new
Anyway, it's called Night Crawler.

Great so far! Currently on day # 3/9 of weekend.

Jul 1, 2019, 8:58 AM

Head to Keowee tomorrow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fairly quiet.....

Jul 1, 2019, 8:59 AM

Friday was quiet. Visited wife in rehab. Did clothes. Cleaned house.

Saturday visited wife again. Did afternoon nap. Saturday night went to Lake Murray to see and photograph fireworks. Partied with about twenty good folks.

Sunday visited wife. Did dishes. Washed clothes. Finished lasagna.

Pretty good weekend. I've had better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fairly quiet.....

Jul 1, 2019, 9:04 AM

Rehab for what?

She laid in a hospital for over a month

Jul 1, 2019, 9:07 AM

After cancer surgery. So rehab to walk again. It's a slow recovery.

Re: She laid in a hospital for over a month

Jul 1, 2019, 9:15 AM

Wow....hope she comes back 100%. Sounds like trying times. Sorry your family is going through that. Wishing her a strong and complete recovery.

Thank you...

Jul 1, 2019, 9:29 AM

It's been tougher for her than me.

** E P I C **

Jul 1, 2019, 9:02 AM

Friday, left RH early and decided to take the backroadiest backroads possible, headed to the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Hwy. Numero 11. Stopped at Cowpens Battlefield, Strawberry Hill, saw North Greenville College in Tigerville, SC for the first time in my life, then down to Greenville to check into the hotel. Dropped bags off and downtown to meet up with zettner, Shorty and his Mrs, and aerozeptallica at Barley's. Had beers and food, picked up SharkGirl along the way and the Concert Crew flew off to the Greenville Zoo for Ben Dickey (the guy that played Blaze Foley in Ethan Hawke's biopic film Blaze) and Hayes Carll. Show was freaking excellent, got to meet and take pics with Ben and Hayes after the show. Back to hotel and in bed shortly after midnight.

Saturday, up early to head back to check on RH Mom and pick up the pup from boarding at the vet, since her annual checkup was due it worked out perfect. Did stop in Gaffney at Sunny's Doughnuts and got killer doughnuts, highly suggest jumping off the highway if you're passing by. Got home and relaxed for a bit while Mrs. Tig mowed the yard for maybe the second time in 30 years of marriage. This included running the weedeater, and she actually did a respectable job. I decided to go to the grocery store instead of waiting until Sunday, so got that knocked out, then home to watch Red Sox-Yankees London series....FUN game to watch. Ate the last of leftover BBQ, grabbed bass and beers and went to play LOUD rock and roll. Home just after midnight and crashed.

Sunday, lazy, useless, coffee-swilling slug all morning. Managed to walk the pup down to the river and back, then finally got cleaned up and watched the second Sox-Yanks game, then to RH Mom's to check on her since RH Sis was in London for baseball and Joonyer was at a wedding in Gastonia all weekend. Hung out for a while, then home to get Mrs. Tig and headed up to the Thirsty Beaver to see Few Miles South. Great band that I'll be keeping up with going forward. Had a blast and got home in time to watch Fear The Walking Dead, then a couple of episodes of The Glen Campbell Music Show (Willie Nelson episode and Jerry Reed episode), then off to Sleepyland.

Truly an EPIC weekend, with almost enough music to satisfy me. Rolling Stone gives it 6 out of 5 stars.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto!

Jul 1, 2019, 9:49 AM

Friday night was freaking fantastic! Hayes was on fire and the crowd was too. Definitely won’t be my last time seeing him again.

Saturday we were up and off to Rosman for a basketball tournament for the now 11 year old. Won game one by 31, game 2 by 25 and the championship game by 42. 11 year old had the best tournament he’s had so far, wound up scoring 21 point total with 13 coming in the championship, hit 4 threes in that game alone.

Spent the night in Ashevegas and went to Biltmore Sunday for a while.

Overall, 7 out of 7 stars.

When you were at NGU did you get to see the spot

Jul 1, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to ** E P I C ** ]

where Tickle_It lost his v-card ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't see the spot or the priest that did it, either.***

Jul 1, 2019, 2:54 PM

jammin weekend

Jul 1, 2019, 9:32 AM

Friday made it somehow to Charlotte and Dead and Co. show. That construction north of Spartanburg really sucks. Never met up with ryanadidas and folks. Seats at show were incredible, probably only better would have been in the pit beside the stage. I guess I paid for it. Show was good and made it out of the parking lot fast.

Saturday met friends in GA and made it to Lakewood for show #2. Seats were still pretty good behind the pit and just as expensive. Parking lot was fun, had one of the few grassy spots and a tent for shade although it was mostly cloudy and not as hot as Charlotte. Show was excellent, better than Charlotte I thought. Lost wifey coming out of the show but she made it back to the car.

Got up Sunday and hit the pool with friends. Little pup fell in accidentally. Rest of the afternoon/evening was a blur.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

purty goot....went to a great party The Wreck***

Jul 1, 2019, 9:49 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I heard the water temp was perfect!***

Jul 1, 2019, 10:19 AM

Jammin'

Jul 1, 2019, 9:52 AM

Friday - dumped the kids at the in-laws and drove to Charlotte for Dead and Company with SarahAdidas and hleapha. Met up with PO'd girlfriend and drunk Boyfriend. Had a blast. Traffic/security lines at Charlotte are GARBAGE. Had a #missedconnection with Willmo® :( . Show was really good. Drove back home and spent the night in my own bed.

Saturday - awoke, drove to Atlanta for day two of the tour. Got to Lakewood at 3pm. Parking/traffic was easy-peasy. Shakedown street was awesome. Didn't score any boomers... but also didn't look too hard. Bought some cool shirts, drank beer, browsed and mingled. Didn't realize that Willmo and Willma were at Lakewood, or I would have sought them out. Show was killer. Second set was over the top straight-up fire. The Other One > Franklin's Tower > Crazy Fangers > TERRAPIN STATION > The Other One was a delicious little sandwich. Jawny Mayer kills Althea better than anybody else, living or dead. Standing on the Moon was cool with Bobby. Love hearing him sing. He seems to be in great health, but he ain't a spring chicken, so I want to soak in every chance I can to hear him sing. Bob seemed like a 30 year old on One More Saturday Night. That was a treat for sure. Waffle House for a midnight snack was the #####.

Sunday - Ate lunch at El Rey Del Taco off of Buford Highway. Willmo recommended it to us a few months ago, and we loved it so much that we went back for round 2. I haven't had that much meat stuffed in me since middle school band camp. Picked up the kids, had spagooder dinner at brother house, crashed and burned in bed.

10/10 great weekend.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

OH, and how could I forget...

Jul 1, 2019, 9:56 AM

I messed around and got a hummer on Sunday morning.

I-85 DOES have some active rest areas, so I've heard.***

Jul 1, 2019, 10:21 AM

Re: I-85 DOES have some active rest areas, so I've heard.***

Jul 1, 2019, 11:04 AM

True that.

Plus, the gentleman working the stall made pretty convincing lady, so that was nice.

yes Althea was awesome

Jul 1, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Jammin' ]

also loved Tennessee Jed from the first set with Bird Song -> Loose Lucy -> Bird Song

Fire on the Mountain with Oteil singing for encore was excellent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Pretty good

Jul 1, 2019, 10:12 AM

In laws came through Friday afternoon, cooked BBQ for them and drank many beers with FIL. Wife and her mom went out to do woman things, so FIL got out on the boat and went to Clemson marina for lunch. Seems like it gets more expensive every time I go. Filled the boat up with gas and visited the eagles nest. In laws left, so we brought the dogs down to the lake for awhile. Solid 9/10 day.

Sunday turned out even better, wife decided to not be lazy again, so we rode up to Big Water marina and ate at the new "Raines on Hartwell" outdoor bar/grill. Awesome atmosphere, cheap beer, good music, right there on the water. We just had a couple of hot dogs, but the burgers looked good too. Everyone working there was super nice, much more laid back than Clemson marina. Watched the 57' MTI center console pull up and dock easier than I can, pretty amazing for such a big boat.

Cruised around a little more, then just floated in the lake the rest of the day drinking beer. About the only effort I put into anything was cleaning the water line off the hull. Pretty glorious afternoon. Hoping to replicate it very soon this week. Especially since I've found me a nice little bar to patronize.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pic from my new fav bar

Jul 1, 2019, 10:15 AM

IMG-3983

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2019, 10:13 AM

Friday: played golf with son at Pine Lakes Country Club. Drank beer. Played pretty well. Dinner at Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse.

Saturday: played golf with son and friends at Prestwick in the Grand Strand Clemson Alumni charity event. Drank beer. Didn’t win but won Clemson t-shirt and some other cool stuff. Grilled out at sons house for dinner.

Sunday: slept in. Had a late breakfast. Got back into Gangland around 6:00.

11/10. Would do again.

Finally bought a house so I can stop being homeless soon.

Jul 1, 2019, 11:23 AM

Closed on Friday. Spent the rest of the weekend cleaning.

Vacuumed an entire trash bag full of dog hair and dust out of the upstairs carpet and I'm sure I could fill another halfway full if I went over everything again. This chick was disgusting and we're pretty sure she had not vacuumed once in the three years she had owned the house. New carpet goes in next week so we'll be rid of her and her #### dog hair forever. Just another reason to never have pets.

ROH

Cleaning wasn't part of the closing?

Jul 1, 2019, 11:29 AM

Get hardwoods and forget about carpets..they are huge nasty sponges for everything.

As is typical you're supposed to leave it "sweep cleaned"

Jul 1, 2019, 1:54 PM

for some of us more civilized folks that would include vacuuming, dusting, cleaning dirt out of drawers etc. This chick literally swept the hard woods and called it a day.

We looked at matching hardwoods on the first floor. it's like 66% hardwoods 34% carpet, but we weren't able to find a viable option to match the existing hardwoods and the existing are in good shape so we didn't want to rip everything out.

Upstairs is all carpet and will be again when we replace it. I like carpet in the upstairs of a house. It makes things quieter downstairs. Also, I will clean my carpets regularly so they shouldn't get too gross.

ROH

Same one we talked about?***

Jul 1, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Finally bought a house so I can stop being homeless soon. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A different one.

Jul 1, 2019, 1:47 PM

A little farther out of town than that one, but thank God that one fell through.

That one ended up selling to someone else for even less than we had tried to negotiate down to with all the potential foundation problems.

Also there were very few closets in that house.

ROH

not really memorable

Jul 1, 2019, 11:25 AM

but i seem to have that happen a lot
what was the question

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you thought about sex for pleasure?

Jul 1, 2019, 12:37 PM

I know you're too old to do it but an old man told me thinking about it is the next best thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2019, 11:33 AM
DSC07253.jpg(56.8 K)

Friday I don't really recall much happening after work.

Saturday I worked from the house, had a lazy afternoon, headed up to the Monkey Wrench in TR then over to Jones Gap where I saw a rat snake.

Sunday I went up to Sassafras Mtn where they've built a overlook memorial. Headed over to Brevard then home thru Flat Rock making a few stops along the way.

Watched "A Bugs Life" at one of the stops

Went to eat at the Lost Cajun for mommer n ems bday.

Sprinkle in a few seches sessions here and there and thats how my weekend went.

Finally moved out of Athens..

Jul 1, 2019, 11:36 AM

Thank goodness!!!!
Loved it but ready to get back you Sc

That’s about it all I did.
Wasn’t a very fun weekend otherwise.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh my, CWTT.

Jul 1, 2019, 12:40 PM

Moving is out of the way for as long as you want it to be. Imo, that's a big deal if you don't drag out the unpacking and putting stuff away. Congratulations.

My rule is if it's not unpacked and/or used in 3 years

Jul 1, 2019, 4:28 PM

Donate or trash it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found boxes from my first when we moved back from Clemson

Jul 2, 2019, 1:48 PM

they did not make it back to Charleston.

Interesting

Jul 1, 2019, 5:11 PM

Friday: Worked and then spent the evening in prep for Saturday.

Saturday: Made 10 gallons of margaritas and helped set up for god-daughters bridal shower. Maria called on her way home and said, "I think there's a large crowd headed our way." "No problem babe, that's the way we roll." Stayed up until the wee hours of Sunday morning finishing off the margaritas and telling dirty jokes with a gaggle of lesbians. Do they come in gaggles? Good times.

Sunday: Ouch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now wait just a doggone minute.

Jul 2, 2019, 1:47 PM

I was there, too. I even stayed up past my bedtime.

The music was great and so was hanging out with all youins.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic