Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now vs. a decade ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 887

Now vs. a decade ago

Oct 20, 2014, 11:24 AM

So we'll be getting our 6th win of the season this weekend and it hit me this morning how much Dabo has changed the expectations around Tiger Town. I remember being in school when TB was the head coach and I was excited to get to that 6th win of the season because it meant we were bowl eligible! Now that 6th win is just another of many more W's to come this year. With Deshaun leading the offense and the new class coming in, it's hard not be excited about the next years. As Stephone Anthony stated during his commitment to us: "Clemson's coming".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in school for the Hatfield and west years.

Oct 20, 2014, 11:29 AM

Tell me bout it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We were good under Hatfield. He just refused to recruit

Oct 20, 2014, 11:37 AM

and never really endeared himself to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

He was a rebound coach... after the way Ford left no one

Oct 20, 2015, 9:43 PM

could have been 'endeared' to Clemson fans. He did well with Ford's players for a couple of years but it dropped off pretty steeply after that.

Those were hard times after the success of the 80's...

Re: He was a rebound coach... after the way Ford left no one

Oct 20, 2014, 11:48 AM

Clemson has always been a place with high expectations , which is why we have as many championships as we have.
Sackerlina is a "hope we get 8 wins this year " kind of school , although they want outsiders to believe that the "coot culture" has changed and they are now a re-load type of team. They must have bought the new bullets from "duds r' us" because they are shooting blanks this season.
In conclusion Clemson has high expectations and the Coots have repetitive historical impotence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Now vs. a decade ago

Oct 20, 2014, 12:33 PM

It was sad to see the expectation level so low during the TB years. I believe one reason why he held on for so long is that folks seemed to be quite content with 8 wins. Being in school during the Pell/Ford years fixed me with a much higher expectation level so I was frustrated with TB quicker than most. Agreed, it seems that Dabo is doing much to raise the bar back to where it should be. Finally! It's been a long 30 years!

Replies: 5
| visibility 887
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic