Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that this year is in the books..look into next year what do you all see?..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Now that this year is in the books..look into next year what do you all see?..

Dec 1, 2014, 1:02 PM

I think we will have Lashlee or Scott has our OC.

I also think we can make a run for a playoff spot by beating FSU

Our running game will be 100x better with a duel threat again

Watson will start every game and will be better with a repaired acl. (Last game he only needed one)

Our defense remains in the top 5

We avg. 35 points a game.

We beat FSU
We beat GT
We beat SOuth Carolina (big time)

Almost lost to:
nc state
BC

Thoughts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that this year is in the books..look into next year what do you all see?..

Dec 1, 2014, 1:11 PM

Tiger: Reports are that FSU going to lose a ton of players in the draft. If that is true, who is going to beat us??? My answer is only ourselves. All the pieces are in place as long as we play the top players in all games. I'd love to hear just who is going to beat the Tigers next year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think so. Winston certainly, because I'm pretty sure

Dec 1, 2014, 1:13 PM

FSU higher-ups realize what an anchor he is on the university's reputation.

We'll blow out BC and NCS next year

Dec 1, 2014, 1:14 PM

Injury free, no one will hang with us.

The nature of the game is that a couple of teams

Dec 1, 2014, 1:20 PM

will put us to the test and play well above their normal. I think we have a lot of pieces in place to have an excellent year but just like this year, many areas have to be cohesive for us to have "that" kind of season. As for the defense, not a top 5, no way. We lose a couple of the biggest sparkplugs on the defense in Beasley, Jarrett, and Anthony along with several other integral parts that helped hold it together. We may stop top 20 with some serious influx of talent but top 5 would be a stretch(although I sure hope you are right). We definitely need BV back to make this attainable.

I can see us winning out next year, but there is a lot of time between now and August so I just hope all continues strong on the recruiting front, that our coaching situation is ironed out quickly and smoothly, and that our guys can stay away from that injury bug that took a huge bite out of our butts this year.

Could it be a special year, heck ya!

Go Tigers!!

Love the optimism, but.....

Dec 1, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to We'll blow out BC and NCS next year ]

Let's be realistic, the Coots learned a hard lesson this year, don't think to much of yourself until you have proved something! We loose the core of our defense, so you cannot expect to be better! The coots lost DooDoo, Kelcy Quarles, Vic Hampton, Ellington, and probably their best QB in Conner Shaw. How do you expect to be better?

The difference is our offense is got great skill guys that are freshmen, but we lose some experienced O-Linemen, I know we have some great OL's coming but they will be freshmen and we cannot expect them to be starters out of the gate!

I believe we are two years away from putting it all together!!!

Re: Love the optimism, but.....

Dec 1, 2014, 3:57 PM

I see our starting front four as Dodd, Reader, Watkins and Lawson. Ogendeko shows out at end. Pagano comes in ready to play as well. We definitely need freshmen in to add depth. Boulware, Jones, Goidson and Odaniels will man the LB spots, and who knows, maybe Smith.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our D will remain strong, but I think top 5 may be a bit of

Dec 1, 2014, 1:22 PM

stretch.. Top 10 or 15 is more likely I think, and back to top 10 on O with a healthy DW and stable RB's. I think 35 maybe conservative too, and I'm thinking 40's. DW is just amazing and our O just clicks with him at the helm. And not to forget we are loaded at WR too next year only losing AH this year.

I think we get revenge wins over GT, and FSU for sure, but the FSU game will be a fight - they are loaded with talent and we won't just waltz all over them even with Winston gone. I don't see BC giving us problems in Death Valley next with out Tyler Murphy. The Pack always play us tough and agree with you on that being a close win. We definitely exercise more deamons and win in the dump for the first time since 2007.

Depending on which Notre Dame team shows up, they could give us fits, but who knows. At the U could be dicey as well. We may slip up on the road, but I see us defending our home turf and going undefeated again. Should be a good season... I expect a double digit wins for the regular season and depending on how everything shakes out, 12-0 is a possibility, but I think 11-1, division champs, and then winning the ACCCG.

Re: Our D will remain strong, but I think top 5 may be a bit of

Dec 1, 2014, 1:27 PM

Dang guys, it's never too early, I guess. I agree that we have some questions and spots to fill on defense, but everything is definitely looking up.

I agree, but we should ...

Dec 1, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Our D will remain strong, but I think top 5 may be a bit of ]

"exorcize" those demons. Nothing worse that a bunch of sweaty demons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our defense is going to fall a bit more than that.

Dec 1, 2014, 1:30 PM

We were able to dominate the LoS against pretty much every offense we faced this year (UGA 4th Q is about the only exception), and while we do have some talented guys ready to step in, we are just going to lose too much depth, talent, and experience to field the same type of unit next year. 6 of our top 8 off the 2-deep are gone including Jarrett, Beasley, and Crawford.

At LB we will take a little step back at MLB without Anthony, but OLBs will be fine.

Secondary is gonna be loaded with sick talent even without Smith and Peters, but we will get less pressure on QBs with next year's DL so i think we will actually give up more big plays in the pass game.

Overall i think a top 20 unit is a reasonable expectation, but if BV fields a top 10 unit after losing this much talent he will deserve his pick of just about any job in the country for 2016.

Re: Now that this year is in the books..look into next year what do you all see?..

Dec 1, 2014, 1:30 PM

Well I like our LBs and Secondary but need some guys to step up on the DL. Carlos Watkins and Lawson should be good but im unsure of who will be the other two starters there and how effective they will be.

We get a respectable DL back after losing as many players there as we will this year then yes we can make a run.

Dec 1, 2014, 2:00 PM

Good post, definitely looking forward to 2015.

I see an explosive offense (if DW healthy). I think he could make it to NY for the Heisman presentation

Looking forward to seeing the next wave in our defense. Think the strength will shift to the secondary next year

Also see a tough/great schedule with road games @ Louisville, Miami, and SC. ND & FSU at home should be epic

Here's waht I see

Dec 1, 2014, 3:37 PM

On offense, we will have tremendous talent at skill positions, although we will still be very dependent upon Watson staying healthy, and his track record this year on that was not very good. He needs to gain 10 pounds of muscle. Also, despite excellent skill position players, our offensive line will again be the weak link, as we are losing three starters from what was an average offensive line (forget how they looked against USC, whose defensive line is awful), and we have no proven players to fill those spots. I see at least two of the true freshman could make the two deep, and one may even start. An inexperienced offensive line is usually the best predictor of offensive struggles. So on offense, I think that while we will be explosive at times, there will be consistency issues which will be a problem.

On defense, I think top 25 is a pretty good guess. Venables will be entering his 4th year, so we get the benefit of all players, even the young ones, being familiar with his system and his philosophy. Talent will be good everywhere, but experience will be a problem, although most of the second teamers on defensive line and at linebacker have a good bit of experience.

I see 9-3 or 10-2 as good possibilities, although we need a little bit better break on the early schedule than we got this year. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A clean underwear shortage in Cootlumbia bore our game.***

Dec 1, 2014, 3:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meant "before"***

Dec 1, 2014, 4:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic