Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant was good to go!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,371

Kelly Bryant was good to go!

Oct 25, 2017, 11:57 AM

I have listened to and read all the naysayers and people questioning Dabo and the integrity and intelligence of the coaching staff. With that being said I rewatched the broadcast of the Syracuse game. I paid close attention to what was being said before the game and through the first half.
Before the game, Bryant's status was discussed at length and all the announcers including the sideline announcer who had observed warm-ups came to the conclusion that he looked good and the ankle was fine. During the first quarter, Bryant looked sharp passing the ball and one announcer even commented after he planted and followed through on a pass " well if we had any question about the ankle and whether it affected his ability to pass that answers that"( very close to the verbatim quote.)
I myself noticed on one play in the second quarter that Bryant pulled up and went out of bounds instead of planting that foot and getting the first and I commented to the people watching with me that he was hurt and not 100% but that was the first I had really noticed.
I think the coaches made their decision in the best interest of the team and with the input of Kelly and the input of the training staff. I do not believe That Dabo would put a player in danger if he knew he was not capable of playing!
Go Tigers and Beat GT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant was good to go!

Oct 25, 2017, 12:10 PM

I agree he was probably ready to go prior to the game. That (I believe) 2nd & 1 run you mentioned changed the game in my opinion, because it showed Syracuse that he could not run. I agree he looked fine before that play. From that play on it was all downhill and Syracuse started blitzing to force the issue. Took the coaches way too long to pull the plug imo. We'll never know if he would have started the 2nd half because the poor kid got knocked out

Oct 25, 2017, 12:22 PM

Dabo said yesterday if KB hadn’t of gotten the concussion that they would have left him in the game for the 2nd half

Oct 25, 2017, 12:27 PM

Did not see that. That's disturbing. Dabo is like my dad

Dad "the sky is green"
Me "no Dad, it's blue"
Dad "it's green"
Me "okay Dad"

Oct 25, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant was good to go! ]

This is my take on it also! I believe it was the 2 series before he was knocked out that, I and seems like everyone else watching, could tell that KB could no longer be productive OR evan escape danger.

he made a poor judgment call

Oct 25, 2017, 12:39 PM

it happens. get over it. Put up or shut up time this sat and beyond.

No, no he didn't.

Oct 25, 2017, 12:41 PM

That's the point.

yes he did...KB got knocked out of a game he shouldn't have

Oct 25, 2017, 12:50 PM

still been playing in...That was a bad call

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that is a good poast!!

Oct 25, 2017, 12:40 PM

Nice job sir.

Oct 25, 2017, 12:47 PM

Did you also notice all the times those Cuse lineman dove at his ankle or would grab and twist?

Syracuse coaches their players to injure other teams, or go after injuries on key players. Its what they do.

So today was computer time at the old folks home?

Oct 25, 2017, 12:49 PM

They got you locked up in there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 25, 2017, 12:55 PM

We'll know how the coaching staff really feels on our first offensive drive. If they call some design runs and/or he has to scramble, we should get a good feeling for how the rest of the game is going to go based on how he moves. Also, we'll see how he steps in to his throws. We didn't really call any design runs in the first quarter against Syracuse which concerned me a little...

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic