Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma

Dec 11, 2014, 11:39 AM

Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

er'y day I'm husslinnnnn...***

Dec 11, 2014, 12:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

West Virgina 2012 Orange Bowl says Hi !***

Dec 11, 2014, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: West Virgina 2012 Orange Bowl says Hi !***

Dec 11, 2014, 12:07 PM

Our defense will not let that happen

I predict we win 12-0

Dec 11, 2014, 3:09 PM

Your Right ! Our "D" will not let them score ... problem is, I don't think we score much either ... we win with FOUR Field Goals, Lakip is the big hero ... an alley on Campus is named after him ... "Lakip Lane".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I predict we win 12-0

Dec 11, 2014, 9:31 PM

From I understand, Schleusssler is a big, NFL-type QB who has a cannon for
an arm and can run. I may be wrong, but this is what I've heard from what
I consider reliable sources. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't understand
the staff's unwillingness to give him a shot, and stick with the hapless Cole
Stoudt. Cole is not a D-1 caliber QB, and should not even be at Clemson. What's
with this fixation with Stoudt? He's a nice guy, but that's not the point. He's
being asked to perform at a level that far exceeds his ability. I don't this
is fair to him, and certainly not the rest of the team.

Re: I predict we win 12-0

Dec 12, 2014, 5:39 AM

Considering nobody on these board have ever coached college athletics, if you did then you weren't any good so it doesn't matter, since we have a shot at 10 wins and the way Dabo preaches 10 wins do you not think is schuesller was better than Cole he would get the start and stop might. When you don't rush to conclusions as a coach, you listen to your staff and discuss options before you do make a decision, people start throwing rumors which I am pretty sure this coaching staff could care less about! This program has done nothing but improve since Dabo has been here and still continues to improve which is what is suppose to happen. Call him a liar, nonX&O guy, whatever you want to call Dabo but one thing you can't call him is an unsuccessful head coach!

C'mon Man .... Doubt OU scores 70 ....***

Dec 11, 2014, 12:32 PM [ in reply to West Virgina 2012 Orange Bowl says Hi !*** ]

Dec 11, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to West Virgina 2012 Orange Bowl says Hi !*** ]

what is it with you guys that are always, i mean always negative, do you get off on bringing other people down? DO me a favor.. go the h%ll away....... be a coot fan, you fit in better with them.

Dec 11, 2014, 9:34 PM

Facing reality is not being negative, it's being realistic. Are you
honestly saying that you believe Cole stoudt is a D-1 caliber QB?

Dec 11, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to West Virgina 2012 Orange Bowl says Hi !*** ]

Maybe if we still had Kevin Steele as DC but with the #1 D in the country I don't think so

Dec 11, 2014, 4:05 PM [ in reply to West Virgina 2012 Orange Bowl says Hi !*** ]

How about a little respect for our defense.

Dec 11, 2014, 4:09 PM

That is just a Dirtpecker doing what Dirtpeckers do. Note the errant spelling of a simple yet formal word like West Virginia .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

These are the same people

Dec 11, 2014, 4:41 PM

That always complain. They would complain if Watson played and wasn't ready for fall. Want our whole coaching staff fired and they get to pick next coach but can't name him. All their experience is on X-Box so that makes them experts. Must be sad to live such a whiney negative existence.

Dec 11, 2014, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: West Virgina 2012 Orange Bowl says Hi !*** ]

No way Oklahoma is going to run overrun this defense. Unless Stoudt puts them
in hopeless situation as in Ga,. Tech---a game we should have won.

Re: FB Update: Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma

Dec 11, 2014, 12:08 PM

Idiot bashing Dabo to start in

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to wonder about the delayed decision. I'm

Dec 11, 2014, 12:20 PM

thinking Dabo was waiting to see who our opponent was. Once that was known, I think he sat down with the coaches and determined if we could win without Watson. I'm thinking they think we can.

Re: You have to wonder about the delayed decision. I'm

Dec 11, 2014, 12:31 PM

Kids say the darndest things !!!!!!!!_________Good luck with your surgery Deshaun !!!! and thanks to all the coaches for making the right decisions ____ Clemson Football is """BACK"""""",because of your decisions !!!!!!!!Go Tigers

Dec 11, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to You have to wonder about the delayed decision. I'm ]

IMHO Dabo knew if Watson was potentially playing that the bowl selection folks may actually consider that. Might have helped. Why announce the surgery until after the selection was made

Dec 11, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to You have to wonder about the delayed decision. I'm ]

right, this man has it figured it out, he just has not watched any games cole has played in this year.

Message was edited by: lead tiger®

Message was edited by: lead tiger®

Tell 'em leadcoot

Dec 11, 2014, 1:16 PM

#9 to steveport 35-17 66-42-4

Dec 11, 2014, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: You have to wonder about the delayed decision. I'm ]

Lead Tiger, your pulse says all we kneed to know.

Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl.

Dec 11, 2014, 12:35 PM [ in reply to You have to wonder about the delayed decision. I'm ]

They've known about Watson's ACL for weeks. Medical science & healing times didn't suddenly change in the last couple weeks. Nothing changed. It seems pretty obvious that (as MANY people predicted) Dabo simply lied about Watson in order to get a better bowl.

Dabo seems to lie whenever he feels it's justified. Keep that in mind when he says illogical stuff like there was no risk to Watson's knee health by playing him against SCAR or that "Stoudt gives us the best chance to win".

How did he "lie"? Your punk chit is getting old really fast.***

Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's are links & timeline showing how Dabo likely lied...

Dec 11, 2014, 7:30 PM

11/20/14: (Thursday) Watson tears ACL in practice before GaSt.
11/21/14: (Friday) MRI confirms ACL tear. Dabo hides that for 8 days (after SCAR).
11/29/14: (Saturday) After SCar win, Dabo says Watson has torn ACL, but will play in bowl game.
12/07/14: (Sunday) Clemson selected to play Russell Athletic Bowl. A few hours later...
12/08/14: (Monday) Sources confirm Watson will have surgery & miss the bowl.

No surgery decision made for SEVENTEEN DAYS. But by an amazing coincidence it was made a few hours after the bowl selection. Ha! That's likely! NOT!!!

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Watson-beats-Gamecocks-torn-ACL-18046
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Clemson-face-Oklahoma-Russell-Athletic-Bowl-13334
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Watsons-knee-surgery-involved-13344

Re: Here's are links & timeline showing how Dabo likely lied...

Dec 12, 2014, 12:11 AM

You know what's not on that timeline? The point at which anybody cares about your grudge against Dabo.

Don't expect anything different from dumb coots.***

Dec 11, 2014, 9:39 PM [ in reply to How did he "lie"? Your punk chit is getting old really fast.*** ]

Tell 'em coot

Dec 11, 2014, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

#9 to steveport 35-17 66-42-4

There was no ile, it was announced after th SC game...

Dec 11, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

The decision was made after Dabo gathered input from, DW, his parents, medical staff, & trainers as the article states. This is a great move, as we'll need DW ready for next season. Deshaun was finishing his semester, or probably would've had the surgery early.

Coot, you're just mad a one legged Clemson true freshman QB whooped ya.

Go back to your hole!

Re: There was no ile, it was announced after th SC game...

Dec 11, 2014, 1:40 PM

See DW has what some people ( execept coots) call an academic obligation. Dabo wasn't waiting on to see who we were playing in the bowl, he was waiting for DW to get his exams out of the way. The last thing you would want DW to do is be doped up during exams and possibly flunking a test. There's more things to do at a university besides put a helmet on and walk on a field. Unless your a coot
Get better soon DW
Go Tigers Beat the boomer sooners!

Re: Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl.

Dec 11, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

You know what, Im about sick of you razz ma coot or whatever you are. I don't write on here much but I read it and you are the most negative putz I have ever seen...

My background of knowledge of this football program goes back to '77 when I enrolled and Endured Charlie Pell Probation... The Danny Ford Reign of Domination ... Max Lennon and Robinson and Trustees power play. The Hatfield Joke... The West wishing Danny would come back years... The Tommy Bowdown to Daddy Joke... And Now The Dabo Building us back Program so... my friend I have seen it all....
We have improved to the point that we are respected both on and off the field... I high level winning program with clem-sons of great character... and the tradition to come home to the clemson family time and again.

You can Thank Dabo and his Coaches and his foresight and desire to bring it back here "The Right Way".

My advise for you is to shut up and appreciate where we are... Its not easily done..."The Right Way"
My advise for you is to keep all the negative spew to yourself... no one wants to hear it.
Ive seen you.... on this page ever since Dabo was hired you had a bug up your ###.... well get over it.

Support this program or crawl back away to your pessimistic squaller because me and everyone else on here are sick of you !

+1... Xactly how I feel....***

Dec 11, 2014, 2:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1... Xactly how I feel....***

Dec 11, 2014, 4:45 PM

I agree 100% Am sick of Razz and his like.

Re: +1... Xactly how I feel....***

Dec 11, 2014, 8:00 PM [ in reply to +1... Xactly how I feel....*** ]

Damnnnnn what has taken so long for any and evrybody to be sick of Razzes negativity!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't it simply be that they were going to wait until

Dec 11, 2014, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

the semester was over regardless. That then gave them a couple weeks to see the opponent, bowl caliber, do the math on when he'd get back after surgery, and give all interested parties time to discuss?

Because that's not what Dabo said. Doesn't fit timeline.

Dec 11, 2014, 7:50 PM

Dabo didn't say that they'd make a decision on whether or not to play Watson based on the bowl opponent, etc, as you speculated is a possibility. Dabo said that Watson will play in the bowl game.

ACL surgery & rehab isn't new. They would have known since 11/21/14. Are we to believe that no surgery decision made for SEVENTEEN DAYS. But by an amazing coincidence, it was made a few hours after the bowl selection? Seems HIGHLY unlikely.

11/20/14: (Thursday) Watson tears ACL in practice before GaSt.
11/21/14: (Friday) MRI confirms ACL tear. Dabo hides that for 8 days (after SCAR).
11/29/14: (Saturday) After SCar win, Dabo says Watson has torn ACL, but will play in bowl game.
12/07/14: (Sunday) Clemson selected to play Russell Athletic Bowl. A few hours later...
12/08/14: (Monday) Sources confirm Watson will have surgery & miss the bowl.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Watson-beats-Gamecocks-torn-ACL-18046
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Clemson-face-Oklahoma-Russell-Athletic-Bowl-13334
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Watsons-knee-surgery-involved-13344

Dude, you're a moron.

Dec 12, 2014, 8:02 AM

I know some of that fits your personal conspiracy theory, but if it truly was a lie to get the best bowl bid and everything else, then Dabo would have never even mentioned the ACL tear. If bowl bids actually would have considered his playing or not, and Dabo was willing to lie about him playing in order to get a good bowl, wouldn't it be a better plan to simply not say anything until a bowl bid was offered? Why say "He tore his ACL oh and BTW, he'll play in the bowl game," when it is much easier to say "Dang good performance by a hurt player." Simply put, he wasn't trying to lie to get a better bowl bid.

Also, how do you work in the fact that with all the new bowl tie-ins and pecking order requirements this year that haven't been as strict in the past, we had no potential movement in what bowl we would go to?

Orange - GT's whether they win or lose.
Citrus - Ours if MSU is ranked higher than MSU. Not ours if they aren't.
Russell - Ours if we aren't in Citrus.

DW has no impact on bowl bid...

Re: Dude, you're a moron.

Dec 12, 2014, 8:05 AM

When people have no facts to go, they tend to go with conspiracy theories our whatever else they smoke up in their brain

That's ironic since you made major logical & factual errors.

Dec 12, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Dude, you're a moron. ]

It's unlikely that Dabo, Watson, teammates, et al, could have kept the ACL-tear a secret for another week after the SCAR game, and Dabo would have looked REALLY bad if he had done so-- especially if he had ordered Watson, et al, to deceive everyone in post-game interviews, etc. It's unthinkable.

Dabo said Watson would play in the bowl game after a NOON game, BEFORE MOST OF THAT DAY's games were even played (including Duke, Louisville, & Notre Dame), AND ONE WEEK BEFORE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND, so he couldn't know the future results of the relevant ACC & nationwide games later in the day, let alone the results of the ACCCG, B1GCG, etc., and their impact on the bowls. He also couldn't know the future committee-rankings-- especially that the committee would screw the ACC bowl lineup (and help the B1G's) by jumping MSST 3 spots over Michigan State even though neither played on championship weekend! At the time Dabo "spoke" the ONLY ACC bowl lock was GT to the Orange Bowl.

Clemson, Duke, & Louisville were all within 1-ACC win of each other and eligible for bowl selection as the next choice (behind FSU & GT). The RAB is not obligated to take the highest ranked ACC team. They simply have the next choice (after the playoff, Orange, and if applicable, the Citrus).

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-football-2014/2014/11/30/7310969/acc-new-bowl-selection-process-explained-college-football-playoff

Can't you just make a point, in a civil, adult manner, without juvenile name-calling? I'm curious... How old are you?

Yet accusing the head coach of a major university a liar

Dec 12, 2014, 3:32 PM

is completely civil and not potentially slanderous in any way? I called you a moron to provoke you, nothing more. You certainly possess more than enough intellect to carry on a conversation and score higher than the maximum 70 required on the IQ test to be categorized as such.

You make a fair point that Dabo would not have known the outcome of all the different major bowls at roughly 4:00 in the afternoon, but my point still stands that he did not need to know.

While yes, we could get picked over other teams in the ACC within one loss of us, do you really think that would ever happen? Clemson has THE best traveling fan base in the ACC and Clemson has routinely been picked over other teams with better records for this fact. The idea that having a different QB in the game has such a minor chance at financial impact for the bowl that it is ludicrous to suggest Dabo would try to lie to convince them to make a decision based on that small chance of a financial difference.

You claim I make logical and factual errors, but yet you do not identify them. Then you make a wild assumption that Dabo and company could not keep the ACL tear a secret for a week when they clearly had already done so for over a week with the rumors breaking on the day it happened and yet it STILL remained unknown and a surprise to all.

I fail to understand how my age is relevant to such a discussion other than a potential #### measuring contest, but as my profile indicates by my Clemson degrees, I am in my mid-twenties. How big is yours?

Dec 11, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

> he says illogical stuff like
> there was no risk to Watson's knee health by
> playing him against SCAR

It was a LOT safer to have him in the gentle care of USuC's Charmin defense than possibly near steps, cafeteria line congestion, or heck, even standing on the sideline where he could get bumped into.

Antisocial Personality Disorder...***

Dec 11, 2014, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

This has possibilities....***

Dec 11, 2014, 2:25 PM

I think Dabo lied too, though I'm glad he did

Dec 11, 2014, 2:46 PM

The night Watson tore the ACL, Dabo told everyone who was reporting that the QB suffered a setback that he had no setback. Said they had just cut the workout short. Is that not a lie? Like I said, I'm glad they did mislead everyone tho

I'm also glad that he lied about THAT, but not other stuff.***

Dec 11, 2014, 7:41 PM

#### off coot

Dec 11, 2014, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

Whatever helps you feel better about that 35-17 beatdown and the empty trophy case at Willy B.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2014, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Nah. More likely Dabo lied about Watson to get better bowl. ]

Thanks for the input COOT.... I hope you enjoyed your A$$WHOOPIN' you recieved on November 29th!!!

Dec 11, 2014, 3:22 PM [ in reply to You have to wonder about the delayed decision. I'm ]

My suspicion is after the 12/29 win, DW had some swelling on the left knee. Further to that--he needed to get through his finals for this semester and I feel certain he did.
This isn't that highly-rated institution in Chapel Hill, you know!
DW is going to have a long rehab period but with surgery now--he has a chance to be ready @opening game in '15.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation. We need to move the pocket against OU

Dec 11, 2014, 2:15 PM

If 3 weeks was going to be that critical in his recovery then they would have had the surgery weeks ago.

My guess is that they realized they could brace his knee and just stand in the pocket against that DL of SC. We will need to have a more mobile QB against the DL of OU. Even if DW was playing, this game is going to be more of a slugfest than the SC game ever could be.

QB for bowl game

Dec 11, 2014, 2:53 PM

Is Cole, the QB with more INT's than completions going to start?? I really hope they put Schuessler, and Olson in. Give them a chance, see how they do, especially with BRYANT, and ISRAEL coming in next year. Cole has been a HUGE disappointment. Give him 1 drive, let him throw an interception and then wish him well in his future. It's sad but I had plenty of confidence in him and he just proved me totally wrong. Need to give our other QB's some reps..

Re: QB for bowl game

Dec 11, 2014, 3:40 PM

I totally agree that he should go ahead and get the surgery now. A full healthy Spring practice and Summer workouts is much more valuable than a meaningless bowl game (not calling your bowl game meaningless since it's A LOT better than ours but you know what I mean). Not to mention the risk of further injury.

Re: QB for bowl game

Dec 11, 2014, 8:14 PM [ in reply to QB for bowl game ]

You and me both, but we weren't by our selves. There were tons of us who believed that Cole was going to shock a lot of people. He did actually, he shocked the ones of us that believed in him!!! That was a hard pill to swallow. Gulp and I'm still choking on it!!!!

"Now that his academic obligations are complete?"

Dec 11, 2014, 4:04 PM

Geez! Do we really care about things like player health and grades? Really???

Of course we do. And if you don't, you just don't get Clemson.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2014, 4:22 PM

Okla has a lot of players out and could be their QB will be out as well.

Dec 11, 2014, 8:24 PM

Don't worry, Cole will get the ball them;)!!!

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic